SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inconvenient facts - Stephen F. Hayes - Weekly Std

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Inconvenient facts - Stephen F. Hayes - Weekly Std Reply with quote

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/696twoqc.asp
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody please tell me that this URL has been sent to the RNC for their use in debate prep - or post the appropriate e-mail address and I'll do so.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be willing to bet that the RNC has already got this going.

I don't know if Jim Lehrer reads the Daily Standard, but the Weekly Standard is on the recommended reading list for White House staffers.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
I'd be willing to bet that the RNC has already got this going.

I don't know if Jim Lehrer reads the Daily Standard, but the Weekly Standard is on the recommended reading list for White House staffers.

I sure hope so.
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: A very good summary about why&who wants Iraq to fail Reply with quote

THE REAL STRUGGLE FOR IRAQ
By AMIR TAHERI

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/29325.htm
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the article pows! Stephen F, Hayes wrote a book called THE CONNECTION, which was overshadowed by the 9/11 report when it came out. I recommend it to anybody who wants to read more about the links between Hussein and Bin Laden.

There are alot of links to Al Qaeda and Hussein, but no "direct" links, ie a smoking gun. But everything I have read on these guys indicates that they always worked through middle men to give them deniabilit
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: A very good summary about why&who wants Iraq to fail Reply with quote

azTrish wrote:
THE REAL STRUGGLE FOR IRAQ
By AMIR TAHERI

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/29325.htm

Whoa! Nailed this down pretty tight! Excerpt:

Quote:
The terrorist hopes to force history in his direction with the help of bombs and guns. He tries to substitute his will for the will of the people. While claiming to fight in the name of the people he is, in fact, excluding the people from the political process if only because "ordinary citizens" are not prepared to die, let alone kill, for abstract ideas.

So the "insurgency" in Iraq is going nowhere fast. It will be as roundly defeated as were its predecessors in so many other countries. The danger for Iraq's future lies elsewhere.

It comes, in part, from Americans who want Iraq to fail because they want President Bush to fail. Some 81 books paint the president as the devil incarnate; Bush-bashing is also the theme of three "documentaries" plus half a dozen Hollywood feature films. Never before in any mature democracy has a political leader aroused so much hatred from his domestic opponents.

Others want Iraq to fail because they want America to fail, with or without Bush. The bitter tone of U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan when he declared the liberation of Iraq "illegal" shows that it is not the future of Iraq but the vilification of the United States that interests him.

Add to this the recent bizarre phrase from French Prime Minister Jean-Pierre Raffarin. The head of the Figaro press group went to see him about the kidnapping of two French journalists in Iraq; Raffarin assured him they would soon be freed, reportedly saying, "The Iraqi insurgents are our best allies."

In plain language, this means that, in the struggle in Iraq, Raffarin does not see France on the side of its NATO allies — the U.S., Britain, Italy and Denmark among others — but on the side of the "insurgents."

neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was also a great interview on FOX yesterday or the day before by their Pentagon reporter of the general in charge of special operations forces in which he stated very clearly that putting another two divisions in Afghanistan would not work. I wonder if Kerry has heard of our special operations teams working in the sub-Saharan Africa with great success using small teams.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: