SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the end

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluesteele
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: the end Reply with quote

Okay folks, can I start recording my celebration compact disc for election night?
I heard JFK was a fan of the Doors when he was "over there"; nothing would give me greater pleasure than playing a complilation of "Light My fire" and "The End" (ala "Apocalypse Now") on election night loud enough to blow my speakers--talk about a flashback!

This has even got me thinking about old slogans... how 'bout

"hey hey JFK, how many vets did you betray today?"
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: start it up Reply with quote

Its ok by me! lets get this party started! now where did I put my Stevey Ray Vaughn tapes? Wink
thrawn21
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No victory music yet, guys. There's still a month and some to go. God only knows what can happen in that time. I have everything to make a feast on Nov 3rd in the event that Kerry loses. On the other side, if Kerry does decide to win, I can used that food as "comfort food" and some ale that my roommates have left over to ease the pain.
bluesteele
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey bluet, what's going on in Oregon? saw last night a news clip that said some 30 oregon vets were prevented from going to a GOP rally featuring Laura Bush to present some kind of Kerry support letter? I remember from being up there in OR that there were a lot of disenchanted vets up that way. What's the deal?

Yeah, SRV was the man!
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
....playing a complilation of "Light My fire" and "The End" (ala "Apocalypse Now") on election night

Can you imagine all those, like, San Fernando, y'know, total JFK babes, like, leaving California, on election night? It's so, way totally Apocalypse Now!

Like, Flight of the Val Kerry's, y'know?
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey bluet, what's going on in Oregon? saw last night a news clip that said some 30 oregon vets were prevented from going to a GOP rally featuring Laura Bush to present some kind of Kerry support letter

From the Salem Statesman Journal (not really a bundle of Conservatism)

Quote:
Student Jennifer Cartwrigt, 19, of Dallas (Oregon) had planned to protest Bush's visit with other students but could't find any Tuesday afternoon so she and a friend joined about 20 veterans for kerry (or claimed to be) to wave signs and American Flags and march towards Bldg 7. The group was stopped by campus Public Safety Manager Ken Chiceister, who forbade students fromcoming within 75 yards ofthe Bldg 7

It might be worthy to note that Willamette U. is a private school and not the bastion of liberalism we have in Eugene (UofO) and Corvallis (OSU)

I am also a disenchanted Oregon Vet - with most Democrats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: