SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Going Up River: The Long War of John Kerry"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkhorse18
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: "Going Up River: The Long War of John Kerry" Reply with quote

Does anyone know where this thing is going to be showing? I'm interested in knowing who shot the combat footage in the film. I'm intersted in hearing from the boat crews who appear in the footage as to who shot it. Did Ol John boy shoot it? Or did you guys take out any one "officially" a combat photographer? The film is suppose to out Friday 1 October.

I'm in the DC area and haven't seen anything in print yet. But did see some clips on the Sundance Channel on the Al Frankin show, on 28 Sept, when Frankin interviewed Butler. The film is being sponsored by www.thinkfilmcompany.com

I hate to give these guys and money put I'm going to see it the first chance I get.......you know.......know the emeny.
Stop Hanoi John
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully it will pllay at a mega-plex and you can buy a ticket to another movie and sneak in.

Personally I don't see any reason to go watch a self serving piece of propaganda and lies. Hollywood can try to change the election with their fictitious movies touting their hate agenda, but America is paying much more attention to the SwiftBoat ads.

Kerry stuck with his same old allies, even enlisting people from his traitorous book 'The New Soldier', which Kerry is doing his best to hide from the public.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on Swifts for 24 months and in that entire time I never saw a single news guy or combat photoghapher. Kerry either shot the film himself of had one of his crew shoot the John Wayne footage for him.
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused I just watched the trailer...located here http://www.goingupriver.com/trailer_win_hi.html the whole thing makes me sick. They show just a glimpse of the protesters back then and if you look at the protesters today through the videos of "protestwarrior.com" it looks as if nothing has changed. They also take a shot at John O'Neil.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: sundance Reply with quote

Gee-go figure,robert redfords sundance channel. I heard it was going belly-up.............I hope its true! Crying or Very sad
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the title is ridiculous. "Going Up River: The Long War of John Kerry"

Like it was John Kerry's personal war. Like he is Don F. Quixote.

What a JERK
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think Up the River is *precisely* were Kerry needs to end up. Making big ones into small ones for life.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
MichaelP
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
Personally, I think Up the River is *precisely* were Kerry needs to end up. Making big ones into small ones for life.

Me Too! Very Happy

I think that jfk could have used flipper for his stunt double!LOL

Michael
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does anyone know where this thing is going to be showing?

The film is suppose to out Friday 1 October.

I went to the website and as near as I can determine is they have not even selected a cast yet - or they do not do a very good job of updating their website.

Also, it looks like it may be a Canadian outfit based in Toronto and that alone will give you some idea as to credibility
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opened in Philadelphia last weekend in one of the artsy-fartsy theatres located in an artsy-fartsy area of the city. Not making any impact at all as far as I can tell. No one is talking about it here.

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: