SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BOR's hypocrisy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tex
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: BOR's hypocrisy Reply with quote

I know there have been a lot of O'Reilly topics lately, but something I heard today on his radio show got to me.

He was summing up the portion of his interview with Pres. Bush that aired last night, and he said something to the effect of, "The President said he doesn't think he got preferential treatment getting into the Guard, I disagree."

How many people who were in the Air Guard at the time have come forward and defended the President against charges that he received preferential treatment? Col. Staudt - who was complimentary in REAL documents, but not in CBS' "fake, but accurate memos" - for one. I know there are several others, I just can't recall their names.

Now, here's what I'm getting at. In response to the Swift Boat vets charges against John Kerry, what has been O'Reilly's position? We've heard it countles times. "8 of the 9 men on Kerry's boat say he was a hero, I'm going to take them at their word."

Do you see the hypocrisy? When it comes to Bush's Guard service, O'Reilly insists that he knows what was really going on and that the President received preferential treatment, despite countless claims to the contrary.

But when it comes to the questions surrounding Kerry's service, the word of "8 of the 9 men on Kerry's boat" who say he was a "hero" is good enough for O'Reilly - despite EVIDENCE to the contrary. Their word is gospel, and 250+ Swift Boat vets are all Republican liars. Rolling Eyes

This is just one of many instances of late in which O'Reilly has made inconsistent, contradictory, or just flat out false statements.

Another example - O'Reilly recently said that Kerry never admitted to comitting atrocities. We know that's not true. I e-mailed him the "I committed the same kinds of atrocities" quote. No retraction, no correction from O'Reilly.

You know, it's a shame. O'Reilly used to be someone I trusted. But, as others have observed, something's changed. In his quest to appear Indepenent and "Fair & Balanced", O'Reilly has abandoned the one thing that made him unique - the truth.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well put, Tex. You ought to email him.
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Liar is the word Reply with quote

At the end today as I came back from lunch , turned him on long enough

to here this a caller after telling he was great, to get past the "fence"

said, Bill I think you have been unfair to the Swift boat guys you compare

them to Move on .org. , Bill says ", well I've had "dozens of calls on here

from the swifts" I'm done with that, they made it to personal"

now just how many listners does he claim????/ 40,000,000 and he

thinks say 12x 10 = 120 (his dozens) aginst the calls from 40,000,000

FAIR AND BALANCED

he to may trun orange, God watches.
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you need to know about BOR is summed up in this small comment to Bush.

He asked Bush if the media (521's etc) have been fair him, he commented how they are out to get him etc, Bush said he understood and BOR then said he knew how he felt because HE gets the same treatment.

He basically was putting himself "on par" with the Leader of the Free World, as if they were "colleagues", he is so dillusional about his own standing in the world, he has become something to "laugh at", a sort of pathetic freak who you feel sorry for and laugh AT.
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR’s occasional negative comments regarding SBVT are undoubtedly irritating BS, but I think that’s all it is. It seems to be a game that BOR apparently feels he has to play to get the widest audience, and also to get Kerry on his show (BOR’s Godfather philosophy—keep friends close, but keep your enemas closer). And I think that after the debates Kerry will probably (have to) come on his show. As I see things, that’s ultimately good for our side.

BOR knows Kerry’s an empty suit, and I expect that a BOR/Kerry interview will probably reflect that, and hurt Kerry. Before this campaign is over, I’d not be surprised if some of y’all might actually even start to like BOR again.

Of course I could be wrong about all this.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BOR knows Kerry’s an empty suit, and I expect that a BOR/Kerry interview will probably reflect that, and hurt Kerry.

I have to disagree with that statement. Many months ago when it seemed every Democrat in the country was throwing his hat in the ring, BOR made the statement on "The Factor" that Kerry was the best candidate of the bunch. For whatever reason, BOR endorsed Kerry (among the DEM rivals) at that point. And he's been soft and apologetic since.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR needs to do some homework...not anyone can pass the test required to become a fighter pilot.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: