SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hypocrite Kerry 'Couldn't Think' for 40 Minutes on 9/11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjohnson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Hypocrite Kerry 'Couldn't Think' for 40 Minutes on 9/11 Reply with quote

President Bush has been sharply criticized by anti-Bush factions for his initial reaction to the 9/11 incident. Bush was attending a classroom lesson for children about the time the jets were crashing into the towers. However, it is complained that Bush “didn't act” for twenty minutes after Andrew Card whispered to Bush in front of the children that a second jet had flown into the other tower. However, I presume that Bush had at least started thinking about what was going on while he was in still in front of the children regardless that people who claim to be able to read minds would have us believe that this was not so. (Bush was mainly listening as the teacher gave her lesson.) Try:

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/schoolvideo.html
http://www.buzzflash.com/contributors/04/08/con04340.html

But for an idea of how John Kerry initially reacted to the WTC incident, sit in a chair in a familiar room with some friends when it's relatively nice and quiet - and with your mouth hanging open for 40 minutes. Try:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/8/6/92357.shtml

Not only did Kerry not even know what to think for 40 minutes into the incident but he unwittingly told the media what wasn't in his head during that time. And “lethargic” Bush was still able to snap into action 20 minutes before Kerry was out of his stupor!

And Kerry wants to be our Commander-in-Chief!?
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Hypocrite Kerry 'Couldn't Think' for 40 Minutes on 9/11 Reply with quote

bjohnson wrote:
President Bush has been sharply criticized by anti-Bush factions for his initial reaction to the 9/11 incident. Bush was attending a classroom lesson for children about the time the jets were crashing into the towers. However, it is complained that Bush “didn't act” for twenty minutes after Andrew Card whispered to Bush in front of the children that a second jet had flown into the other tower.

Right.

Bush should have sharply barked the following orders while his secret service and intelligence team were putting together his escape route:

Captain Bush to crew!
We're under attack by the dastardly Romulan Empire!
Battle stations!
Red alert!
This is not a drill!
Full power to the shields!
Helmsman, warp 6! Course 911 mark 2001!
Arm the phasers!
Arm the photon torpedos!
Long range sensor scan!
Activate transporter!
Beam me up, Scottie!

It would have made for excellent drama, and entertained the kids, too.

Of course, John Kerry would have been upset. How dare Bush speak badly about the poor Romulans? Everyone knows that it's the Federation's fault that the Romulans are insane bloodthirsty killers.

-- FDL
m_drummond
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry was thinking - wondering if he could get another Purple Heart out of it. You know, trip while pushing past others, falling down and getting a boo boo on his knee.
________
The Cigar Boss

Last edited by m_drummond on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cazador
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

For all the anti-Bush people harping on this very subject -- including Michael Moore -- I say this:

Up yours.

You haven't a F*cking clue what it's like to be President of the US and the whole world is watching and listening to you all the time. The fact is that this man still has a button to push -- a nuclear one. Great care must be exercised when using force. Extremely good judgement is a must and patience too. Weigh your options carefully. He did just that all the while the cameras were rolling.

Imagine being in those shoes for say 7 minutes.

Do you:

a) Panic in front of the kids? (Nope, he didn't).

b) Run out the door after saying see ya? (Nope, he did not). Note: That's what Kerry would have done.

Or do you:

* Recover your wits as best as you can as you have a good idea that this is the exact position that FDR was in the afternoon of Dec. 7, 1941. (Yep, he did).

* Then think about the response you must give since you cannot run away and hide from it -- and oh, by the way, you are well aware that the Secret Service would have dragged your butt right out of there had there been an immediate threat on your life. (Yep, sure did).

* Then you give the kids some hope which the rest of the country needs right then and there. (Yep, he showed remarkable composure considering the circumstances).

* Seeing as how you know your crack team of people is already working on the full extent of the attack and would have yanked your butt out of there if the extent was truly known at the time, you remain calm and composed as best as one can knowing that the entire Friggin' world is looking to you to make some sense of it all.

You stay (where exactly would you have gone, Mr. Kerry?) in the building and not run off in a huff and leave everyone hanging about what is happening and what you going to do about it. The country needs you now, Mr. President and not an hour from now!

One the pictures I loved seeing was of Rumsfeld helping with the wounded at the Pentagon. Typical of him I might add and yes, I have personal knowledge. He really cares about the troops even though at times the troops might not realize it. Hey Patton wasn't loved by his troops until after the war:-)

Okay, phasers back to stun.

Cazador

Last edited by Cazador on Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk Shortly
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard 20 minutes.... I've always heard 7 minutes.... and he also had live cameras on him for local tv. besides he couldn't just jump up and leave, I'm sure Secret Svc had to do an additional check of the area for him to leave in advance of the scheduled time... and his people had everything already in the works that could be - he couldn't rush out of there in case whoever was 'attacking' us was also after him - very logical! Card didn't seem to expect Bush to get up and follow him - he just turned from Bush and walked back out of the school room door. I figure Card told him to wait until final security checks were made and the car was ready to take him to the airport. People also complained cause he didn't go back to DC - duh! Right! we really want our President to rush right into harms way! They have their security procedures all preplanned (earth to Kerry people). They have alternate secure positions!
Those 7 minutes weren't gonna save any of those planes.
I wish someone could find the tape of Kerry coming out the side door of the senate bldg, looking to both sides and then running down the steps - alone. Other members of congress were seen coming down front steps with the men helping the women (in high heels) and elderly! Not chicken liver Kerry - side escape alone for his precious body and hair do!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Poposwife_Retiredarmywife
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Lets put it in perspective for families. Reply with quote

In Seven minutes:

I can MAYBE cook some scrambled eggs, if I'm fast about it.

Be halfway done with a shower, after waiting for the water to heat up.

Drive my kids to school, if theres no traffic.

Eat a bowl of cereal, then rinse the bowl

Brush my teeth, hair and floss.

Grind beans, and brew a pot of coffee...but not have time to drink a single cup.

Listen to four songs on a CD (If they are short)

Use the restroom (If you're my husband Laughing )

Load one load of laundry and have the tub fill with water.

Macaroni and cheese takes 7 minutes to cook, IF the water is already boiling. But thats only to cook, not draining...or mixing. Just cooking the noodles.

Read the front page of a newspaper (each article)

The list goes on and on.

Perhaps that will place it into perspective on seven minutes
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry spent those 40 minutes trying to find his bottle of spray on tan. He knew the TV cameras might be on him when he left and he wanted to have that beautiful orange glo when he made his appearance. Unfortunately, in his haste and confusion he grabbed a tube of Preparation H and slathered up. Now he needs the botox to remove the pruney look. Laughing
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What people always forget is that it took much longer than seven minutes for the Secret Service to set up a secure communications station at the school, secure the school itself, secure a new exit route to Air Force One and prepare for a short media address by the President prior to his departure.

What was he supposed to have been doing for those seven minutes? This has always been one of the silliest pretensions at an attack on this President that I've ever seen.

That look on his face said it all - that moment as Andrew Card left the room - when he set his jaw and stared off into space and nodded slightly to himself.

You could almost hear him thinking. We had been intentionally attacked. Someone was going to pay.
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inatizzy wrote:
Kerry spent those 40 minutes trying to find his bottle of spray on tan.
Heh.. what do you think the odds are that the idiot who suggested this is still on the payroll...

highlight below for answer:
100%, it was the candidate
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush stayed calm, cool and collected. That's exactly what I would expect from my President. Film of him running out of the room would not have been good for the enemy to view.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: