SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This could be a problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Claudius
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: This could be a problem Reply with quote

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/9/28/93019.shtml

http://www.economist.com/media/pdf/YouGovM.pdf

FYI, The economist is a conservative British mag that endorsed Bush, and newsmax is very, very supportive of us.

So Kerry's coming back. He's damn tenacious.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: This could be a problem Reply with quote

Claudius wrote:

Ackshully, that talking point isn't supposed to start until tomorrow after the debates. Wink

Rush has already predicted that as soon as the debates were over, the media would immediately start pronouncing the return of another "comeback kid," and claim that Kerry was closing the gap.

This is why we have to keep fighting, right up until election day.

The MSM are firmly in Kerry's Kampf. It's going to be an uphill battle all the way to the end.

As Hugh Hewitt says, "If It's Not Close, They Can't Cheat."

Last edited by Navy_Navy_Navy on Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
© 2000 The Associated Press

How OLD is that article?
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be a problem in your mind, not mine.

Firsly those poll numbers are totally out of whack with nearly every other national polls. We do not know where it was taken or by whom.

Secondly there may be a lot of new registered voters, but are they all Democrats ? Not likely

Will they go to the polls in November? It has been my experience that these door to door regitrers get people worked up for a day or two but a clutch time they don't make the grade.

Here in Oregon, we vote by mail , don't even have to get off out fat duffers to votre. All kinds of inroads are made each election in registering people and yet they are even too lazy or too cheap to put a stamp on a envelope and take their ballot to the mail box. (My granddaughters included )

Maybe I will be worried Nov 3, but I am not into doom and gloom now

I first voted for Eisenhower (his first term) and have never mssed an election since - even during my 24 with Uncle Sam
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MSM has no choice but to try to convince the public that Kerry is turning things around. It's called HYPE.
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: This could be a problem Reply with quote

Claudius wrote:
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/9/28/93019.shtml

http://www.economist.com/media/pdf/YouGovM.pdf

FYI, The economist is a conservative British mag that endorsed Bush, and newsmax is very, very supportive of us.

The open question is whether those registrations are real and whether people will actually show up to vote. Some states have surges in registration and voter turnout still doesn't match it. It's harder to actually vote than it is to register (probably a good thing.) But, in general, we need to fight for better laws that validate who somebody is to minimize potential fraud, which, IMHO, generally benefits the Dems who are trying to register anyone and their (convicted) brothers...

Key response to this is to not let up our guard - as many others are also saying...and get out the voters around us!
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My conservative Republican mother keeps trashing the voter registration for my mindless, liberal, financial parasite sister. My mother says I don't want her to cancel out my vote.

My mother has a follow up plan. Given my mother drives my sister back and forth to work each day my mother plans on voting during the middle of the day on Nov. 2 and not driving my sister to the polls.

I just laugh. My mother has voted straight Republican for 50 years.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:
My conservative Republican mother keeps trashing the voter registration for my mindless, liberal, financial parasite sister. My mother says I don't want her to cancel out my vote.

My mother has a follow up plan. Given my mother drives my sister back and forth to work each day my mother plans on voting during the middle of the day on Nov. 2 and not driving my sister to the polls.

I just laugh. My mother has voted straight Republican for 50 years.

If you live in another county then doesn't it change things a bit? I can't remember. What I mean is this: the delegate's votes are the ones that actually count, and they swear to vote based on the citizens' (popular) vote in their area.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
FYI, The economist is a conservative British mag that endorsed Bush,

I've not seen that endorsement. My daughter and son-in-law gave me a subscription to "The Economist" in mid-August. So I've only seen a few issues. But what I've seen does not lead me to believe that the magazine is either conservative or in support of Bush. In fact, I'd rate it worse than the average MSM for anti-Bush, anti-SBVFT (yes, there are some), etc., comments, some downright malicious.

As far as I'm concerned my daughter and son-in-law wasted a lot of money...

(I can give specifics if wanted or needed)
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spin on J.F.Kerry's alleged "comeback" started last weekend. It's purposeful even though most polls do not support it. Confused

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://slate.msn.com/id/2106527/

I know polls aren't all in all however this is interesting, NJ is now a swing state. This just on Rush.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twicearound wrote:
http://slate.msn.com/id/2106527/

I know polls aren't all in all however this is interesting, NJ is now a swing state. This just on Rush.

There is an awful lot of red and pink on that map! Go Bush!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: