SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FOX TICKER TAPE SAYS BUSH PAPERS FOUND WITH AP LAWSUIT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: FOX TICKER TAPE SAYS BUSH PAPERS FOUND WITH AP LAWSUIT Reply with quote

I just saw somehting about Bush and a resignation letter and the national guard. The letter was fond in lawsuit papers that were filed by the Associated Press.
ANYONE, DOES ANYONE HAVE MORE INFO?
Nothing on Drudge yet.
I have no clue if this is good or bad.
Shocked weds
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this has already been announced from the White House, it's not surprising that the AP is trying to lay claim to forcing these documents out to view. But in all honesty Pres. Bush and the White House have made it clear write along that there is an ongoing search for any and all documents and as they turn up they will be publicly released.

So never fear this was something that was expected from the AP biased press.

BTW It’s a GOOD THING! Makes the AP and others like them look that much more ridiculous!
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/30/bush.document.ap/index.html
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The White House said seven months ago that it had released all the records on President Bush's stateside military service during the Vietnam War, yet new records are still dribbling out as Election Day approaches.

The operative word here folks is RELEASED.

Released meens "if you request them through a FOIA request" "you'll get what your asking for if it exists".

The only reason that there is still documents poping up is because someone phrases their request differently and get different documents.

As a visual example I'd love to see someone like Major Garrett file two FOIA requests worded the exactly the same way asking for "all documentation on record". One would be for Pres Bush's records and the other one for John Kerry's records. And lets just see the difference in what they recieve.

I would think that one set would be probably tri-folded and in a envelope or just a plain vanilla envelope. (John Kerry's)

And the other would need a box and a hand dolly (Pres. Bush)
Geano
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Bush Records previously released:

Quote:
5 Sep 73
Application For Discharge
To 111th Ftr Intcp Sq/CC

"I respectfully request my discharge from the Texas Air National Guard and reassignment to ARPC (NARS) effrective 1 October 1973...I am moving to Boston, Massachusetts to attend Harvard Business School as a full time student. I have enjoyed my association with the 111th Ftr Intcp Sq and the 147th Ftr Intcp Gp.

George W. Bush, 1st LT

Killian Recommends Approval on 6 Sep 73
Bush reassigned to ARPC (ORS) effective 2 October 1973

So what else is new???? If this is the big deal, why make out that they've just discovered he resigned?....never mind, I know why....

My understanding (being enlisted, and not knowing for sure) is that Officers MUST resign their commission in writing....He apparently did a year later....so what?...
TroyS
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would think they would have learned something from CBS and Rather. Nobody cares anymore-the story has been done to death and people are judging the Pres on the past 3 1/2 years not Vietnam. It also just makes them look more and more partisan because they refuse to question the only candidate that talks about Vietnam...the 'Hero' Kerry.
swing votr
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Kerry releases HIS records it will be News worthy... This is just more of the same thing they already released to me...
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad I have u guys here to "splain " this to me.
I swear, the dems are totally utterly desperate to do this on the debate day. What fools they are. like anyone but the more extreme left winger's(dan Rather) would even care. They just count on people hearing that more documents have surfaced and not really reading much about it.

Last edited by wednesdaychild on Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geano
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you read the AP report, as well as the Reuters re-write, you'll see it's intent is only to keep the same old crap in front of peoples eyes...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: