SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Mexico Voters - Stand up and speak, then Vote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: New Mexico Voters - Stand up and speak, then Vote Reply with quote

Quote:
ONE KEY VOTE FRAUD CASE SETTLED, ONE PENDING [09/30 09:40 AM]

In New Mexico, three Democratic judges and one GOP judge made a 4-1 majority ruling that voters do not need to show a picture ID at the polls.

Legions of new voters who registered in voter drives this super-heated election season will not have to show IDs when they cast their ballots, the state Supreme Court ruled.
Siding with Secretary of State Rebecca Vigil-Giron, the court in a 4-1 decision said only new voters who registered by mail will have to produce identification.

A Republican lawmaker who filed the Chaves County lawsuit that led to the ruling called it an "abusive reach by a partisan court."

"They never asked me what my intent was," said state Rep. Dan Foley of Roswell. "What they meant was, they understood the intent of the Democrat-controlled Legislature and the partisan secretary of state."

The high court ordered Chaves County Clerk David Kunko, a Republican who had challenged Vigil-Giron's interpretation of the law, to abide by the decision.

Other county clerks statewide would have to follow the ruling as well, according to the attorney general.

The court heard arguments in the case Monday.

Democrats — who had said a last-minute, broader ID requirement would mean confusion at the polls and the disenfranchisement of new voters — hailed the decision.

Vigil-Giron said it "puts an end to frivolous attempts to disrupt the election process." And Democratic Attorney General Patricia Madrid said it "should put an end to the Republican Party's efforts to put obstacles in the way of first-time registrants' right to vote."

Well, forget it, then. Put New Mexico in Kerry's column now.

THIS ON THE KERRY SPOT, LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD, LOST NEW MEXICO LAST TIME BY WHAT LESS THAN 500. I wouldn't take many cheaters to accomplish the dems felonious tatics. Contact your reps.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the risk of wide spread voter fraud this election will require tougher voter registration and photo IDs required at time of voting.

In Virginia last year I went to vote at my old polling place because I had not changed my registration to my new address. I had to produce picture IDs and fill out a form swearing that I was not voting at another location, it was about 20 minutes of paper work and delay.

It was a hassle, but I deserved the hassle.

This year I am registered to vote at my new address.
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think govt issued photo ID's should be required at the time of voting. Why do people oppose this? Just because you would have to prove who you say you are?

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the opposition to this (but no one will ever say so, in so many words) comes from the fact that illegal aliens can't get picture IDs in most states.

Wink
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But illegal aliens are just that illegal and aliens --- therefore no rights as a US citizen --- including voting -- should apply.

I agree with Michael Savage from early this week --- Mexico should be sending the US 20 million barrels of free oil each day to pay for the cost of 30 million illegal Mexicans in the US.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:
But illegal aliens are just that illegal and aliens --- therefore no rights as a US citizen --- including voting -- should apply.

I agree with you; but the operative word in your sentence is should.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling after this election if there is not a landslide there will be a long drawn out battle that may precede an outcry for national criteria voting regs. As I said on another thread the dems will fight this tooth and nail because they can't win unless they cheat. In the age of terrorism and illegals this is insane. God what has happened to common sense. I guess it has been traded for out and out stupidity wrapped up in the buzz word nuance. Gag! We need a grassroots uprising after this election and there are enough of us to do it.
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
jataylor11 wrote:

I agree with you; but the operative word in your sentence is should.

You've got it crystal clear Scott!

I'm a native Arizonan and we have been fighting this very problem for a long long time. Look at a sample of what we keep finding.

Sting at MVD nabs 26

And one of the steps we are taking this election year to combat this problem with fraud. Look at this site Save Arizona Now

This is something that is very hotly contested here but thank God we have the majority behind this proposal.

Pray for us and our fight.
swing votr
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bsjracing wrote:
I think govt issued photo ID's should be required at the time of voting. Why do people oppose this? Just because you would have to prove who you say you are?

You are a 1000% correct.

The one, and only one reason I could see not wanting to require ID's is if you changed the law too close to the actual election. Changing the rules might make people think its too much of a hassle or whatever...

but...

WE HAVE OVER A MONTH!!!

What I can't understand is how people can survive (and some do) with out valid photo ID. Getting a job, going to the Bank, Driving, Buying Alcohol/Cigerettes, entering the building where I work, EVERYTHING requires ID and voting should be no different.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: