SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MTV and the draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: MTV and the draft Reply with quote

I despise MTV. I'm thirty and tune in from time to time. MTV is running a "Choose or Lose" campaign. One clip shows a guy talking about his future and when he is interrupted by a girl saying "if you don't get drafted" then it cuts out. It is so misleading it sickened me. They are trying to scare kids with all kinds of crap including the draft. Its a horrible campaign and parents out there should be aware that MTV's "Choose or Lose" campaign is a liberal front group that lies to kids under the guise of civic responsibility.
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Bush clears up this issue in the debates tonight. He and Rumsfeld have both stated that they would not consider a draft, but the MSM (and MTV) just ignore them. Tonight is Bush's only chance to get the MSM to listen. Down with Kerry!
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a young enthusiastic African American girl where I work that is a co-ordinator for rock the vote in this area.

She is blatantly a liberal to a fault and she is going out everynight to events getting kids registered to vote. I find her intention noble, but I have heard her around the office giving the spiel about John Kerry and this being the most important election.

I wonder how many conservative young people are working for MTV doing the same? I would think it would be very few if any. I'm only 35 and I grew up in the MTV culture, but I was growing out of it as they were getting more political.

Remember Viacom owns CBS as well as MTV.........
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the 7-11's in the area had the Rock the Vote theme going! Now they have the Bush and Kerry Coffee cups telling you to "Go Vote" ! Also you can register to vote everywhere and anywhere. I even saw them registering folks at the V.A. hospital in Detroit.

MTV has always been a wading pool for "Lefties" !
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Announced in the news today for my county.

That people who registerd to vote thru a 3rd party like Rock the vote or any other org should check and make sure they are really registered.

They said that the 3rd parties are not following procedure or something of that manner. This came from the county board of elections for Hamilton county where Cincinnati sits.

It's all starting to get very weird and if the election is close can you imagine how much shouting about voter fraurd there will be?
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is the one who wants a draft

from http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/8833094.htm

Quote:
Posted on Fri, Jun. 04, 2004

Kerry says Army needs more troops

By KEVIN MURPHY The Kansas City Star

The United States needs more troops for an Army stretched thin by the Iraq war, Democratic presidential hopeful John Kerry said Thursday in Independence.

Kerry called for 40,000 more troops, a doubling of special forces and a greater homeland security role for the National Guard.

ArmyMedicsMom
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flipping through channels the other day, I saw Teressas son, I don't remember his name, speaking to college students. He said something about 200,000 students would get there college education paid for if they did volunteer work. He rabbled on about various volunteer services making it sound like after brunch church clean up duty (my words, not his). Below is from the kerry (barf) edwards website. Would they work this out to be a back door draft or whatever it is called.

http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/education/college.html

"Offer National Service Opportunities. John Kerry will make a new deal with hundreds of thousands of young people: If you will serve America for two years-working in a school, a health center, or strengthening America's security-we will make sure you can attend four years of college tuition-free."

Is this different from what we already have if you join the military? College money put aside while in the military.

Are they planning to blend the Democrats bill H.R. 163 with the above plan?

H.R.163
Title: To provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Rangel, Charles B. [NY-15] (introduced 1/7/2003) Cosponsors (14)
Related Bills: S.89

Sorry if these are stupid questions.
MichaelP
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SangRun Hunter wrote:

Remember Viacom owns CBS as well as MTV.........

I am 37 so I remember when MTV was just that Music TV not all the shows and two channels and lefty bias.

I moved out to an area in Texas where Cox Cable was not out here and I had to pick a dish and I got DirecTV and shortly after that the only other choice dish network announced that the were dropping Viacom so CBS and MTV. Now I shoot myself in the foot for making a bad choice.

Michael
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like European style civil service.

2 years mandatory duty in civil service or the military then you can go on with your life.

A friend of mine had to do his military service recently to keep his citizenship. His country has a plan for those that live abroad. They can do an 8 week training and pay $6000 to the government instead of the 18 month service.

Not a bad idea until you start to see it as a back door draft. It might also dovetail with his "I will create 10 million jobs" BS he speaks of.

I guess he would be able to put 40,000 more troops in the military with this plan,

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KERRY DAUGHTERS BOO'D AT MTV AWARDS!

THE BOOS THAT ROCKED THE VOTE: KERRY DAUGHTERS RECEIVE RUDE AWAKENING AT MTV AWARDS
Aug 29 2004

MTV, ROLLING STONE and the rock and roll establishment -- past and present -- have cast their vote, and their man is John Kerry.

So on Sunday night when John Kerry's daughters were announced to speak at the annual MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS, the MTV youth were expected to welcome his daughter's as pop culture princesses.

Instead, in an era of the unexpected, the daughters of the Democratic candidate were met with a resounding wall of boos at the filming in Miami.

From the moment Alexandra and Vanessa started speaking, the boos outweighed anything close to cheers, and the reaction turned worse when the daughters asked the VIACOM youth to vote for their father. So shocked by the reaction, the taller of the two daughters tried to 'shhhhhh' her peers to no avail.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true they were boo'ed, but that was in Miami and not the usual location of NYC where the awards have been held.

I still have hope for the MTV crowd as my 19 year old neighbor told a Kerry worker he didn't want a sticker because he would tear it up and stomp on it.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArmyMedicsMom wrote:
Flipping through channels the other day, I saw Teressas son, I don't remember his name, speaking to college students. He said something about 200,000 students would get there college education paid for if they did volunteer work. He rabbled on about various volunteer services making it sound like after brunch church clean up duty (my words, not his). Below is from the kerry (barf) edwards website. Would they work this out to be a back door draft or whatever it is called.

http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/education/college.html

"Offer National Service Opportunities. John Kerry will make a new deal with hundreds of thousands of young people: If you will serve America for two years-working in a school, a health center, or strengthening America's security-we will make sure you can attend four years of college tuition-free."

Is this different from what we already have if you join the military? College money put aside while in the military.

Are they planning to blend the Democrats bill H.R. 163 with the above plan?

H.R.163
Title: To provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Rangel, Charles B. [NY-15] (introduced 1/7/2003) Cosponsors (14)
Related Bills: S.89

Sorry if these are stupid questions.

Certainly not stupid questions. That's how we all learn the truth.

It is very important to recognize the steps that are being taken to accomplish the MANDATORY National Service for ALL young people. It is also tying in with monies for public schools depending on the community service hours kids do in high school. It is at the John Edwards site. The National Service Bills are to side step a draft and it is the platform of the Democrat Party. Kerry will only achieve his 40,000 troop increase by as he said a "call up". Shocked Shocked He supports the National Service Bills. Read the bills; they are for MANDATORY service in the military, civil service or for any other purposes... by all young people including women..

There are plenty of programs to have financial support for college by working in underserved places.

While one may feel it is a good thing to serve your country in some way you should have a CHOICE. for God sakes these are the same people who fought for women's freedom of CHOICE re: abortion but they will not support freedom of choice for their young children??? Go figure Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked And yes, another European policy Kerry wants to institute in America. MANDATORY is not a favorable word to Americans. "Give me freedom or give me death" sound familiar? CTW

Never Ever Kerry
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the follwoing article, print it out and show it to your Liberal friends and co-workers. From their own sites, just who is proposing reinstating the draft laws;

Quote:
Hollings Sponsors Bill to Reinstate Military Draft

Senator cites current heavy use of reserves and national guard, need for shared sacrifice

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Fritz Hollings last night introduced the Universal National Service Act of 2003, a bill to reinstate the military draft and mandate either military or civilian service for all Americans, aged 18-26. The Hollings legislation is the Senate companion to a bill recently introduced in the House of Representatives by Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) and Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.).

Draft Legislation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: