SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manicure Gate
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Manicure Gate Reply with quote

So I put a post on here today saying Kerry's fingernails are disgusting, and he needs to cut them.

Then I hear on FOX News just now that he stops on the way to the debates and gets a manicure.

Meanwhile....the President is visiting the victims of the hurricanes in Florida, and wearing his nails down by handing out relief.

KERRY, ya big doofus, listen UP! When *I* say you need to cut your nails I mean you are suppossed to cut your nails like a MAN, you pathetic metrosexual fop--not get a manicure before The Big Debate like you are on "A Wedding Story" If he shows up on my TV screen tonight with an updo, I will puke.

Last weekend I was talking to my husband about whether or not we should be thinking about helping our 19 year old buy a newer car, and he is listening to me, leaning on the fence post, messing with his leatherman. (A leatherman is like a swiss army knife on steroids, btw) I said, "Are you cutting your nails with that?" He looks up and says, "Yeah, look, it even has a thing to smooth 'em with. You can smooth 'em with one side, and use the other to file down the spark plugs on the tractor. This thing is neat!" But then, my husband can also catch a football without making me wince.

Kerry needs a Big Brother or something.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: debate Reply with quote

Kimm,
Thanks for reminding me, Im gona go pick up a six-pac and some barf bags for the big debate! Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Manicure Gate Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
So I put a post on here today saying Kerry's fingernails are disgusting, and he needs to cut them.

Then I hear on FOX News just now that he stops on the way to the debates and gets a manicure.

Meanwhile....the President is visiting the victims of the hurricanes in Florida, and wearing his nails down by handing out relief.

KERRY, ya big doofus, listen UP! When *I* say you need to cut your nails I mean you are suppossed to cut your nails like a MAN, you pathetic metrosexual fop--not get a manicure before The Big Debate like you are on "A Wedding Story" If he shows up on my TV screen tonight with an updo, I will puke.

Last weekend I was talking to my husband about whether or not we should be thinking about helping our 19 year old buy a newer car, and he is listening to me, leaning on the fence post, messing with his leatherman. (A leatherman is like a swiss army knife on steroids, btw) I said, "Are you cutting your nails with that?" He looks up and says, "Yeah, look, it even has a thing to smooth 'em with. You can smooth 'em with one side, and use the other to file down the spark plugs on the tractor. This thing is neat!" But then, my husband can also catch a football without making me wince.

Very cool and oh so true. But then Kerry says that the President is for the rich and he is for the middle guy. Right. Thats why his "X" was rich and his present wife is soooooo rich......so he can get his manicure. Kerry you make me sick. And that tan, or bad make-up job....tanning spas....please. Rolling Eyes Maybe he used that new tanning spray.........vain, vain empty shell...... Mad
kmudd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet Kerry's fancy hair stylist has been flown in on Tereasa's private jet too.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Don't sugarcoat it, tell us how you *really* feel!

Betcha say "Hey, y'all" and "Yeehaw!", too
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I do say ya'all but I am equally likely to say "you guys" since I grew up in Oceanside, CA on Pendleton Marine Base.

So I don't say "yee haw" nearly as much as I say HOO RAH

And so I can tell you this much: neither cowboys from Texas nor Marines from Pendleton get manicures, spend time in tanning booths, or have hairdressers flown in on private jets.

HOO RAH! capice?
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmy, don't you know? The really cool dudes let their nails grow long so they don't need to carry a coke spoon. I'm not saying the Senator snorts coke, but maybe he wants the relatability factor with the really cool dudes who do. Twisted Evil

http://www.thewebplace.com/
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac, re: 'The Manicure': you are wonderful -- thanks for the best laugh of the day (so far -- I expect a few more tonight hahahahaha) Laughing
Poposwife_Retiredarmywife
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: This reminds me.... Reply with quote

My sweet husband and I were going through one of our couple of nightly rituals (when he works evenings), on this particular night it was sharing an order of french fries and a shake. (Yes I know...unhealthy, heart attack in a cup/carton...but we don't do it often)

I was talking about Mr. Kerry. My husband relies on me to keep him updated when he's on night shift because he works from 6pm-6am and sleeps during the day.

I was telling him about the hair tinting, the horrible orange skin tone...the heat thats going to be on the stage (running orange spray tan..can you say BLECH?)

I was telling him how it's not bad enough that he has no stance, or all stances...that he's a traitor and pretender....

But now he's being more "foofy" than normal (If you can use the word normal for John Kerry) too. I told him I felt like I wanted to get sick.

(This manicure thing is over the top, I don't know if I'll tell him Laughing because it would only reaffirm his position on what follows)

My dear sweet husband gave me nightmares last night, and it earned him a smack on the arm.

He said (finger in the air pointing) "I'VE GOT IT!"

Then he asks "What do women have that men don't?"

I hadn't a clue except the obvious.

He replied "Womens PEROGOTIVE, the ability to change their minds at a moments whim without any explaination."

(No ladies, this isn't when he got the smack..that comes later)

"All that kissy face with Edwards, how masculine Terry is (He calls her that because he knows she would hate it) the gay marraige support, the way he catches a football, throws a baseball. (That ALMOST got him a smack....wait...its coming) "

I waited, in dread....

"What are you talking about baby?"

He replies with a very straight face...

"He's a woman trapped in a mans body!"

THAT is when he got the smack Laughing

He then went on to say "Can you just see him with the Village people in the cowboy outfit singing Johnny boy?"

That my dear friends, is what gave me nightmares.

Shocked then Confused then <SHUDDER>

Lorelei
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Manicure Gate Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:

I "borrowed" this post for the blog. I'll return it when it ceases to be amusing. Thanks for the grins.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
HOO RAH! capice?

Yeah, I speak sukoshi Marine. Oo-ra! The "H" is silent, and the "oo" rhymes with "ew" and not "oh", and the last syllable is more like "raw" than "rah". And to do it right, you have to squeeze it out of your gut, you can't say it in your throat.

But that was in the Old Corps. No tellin' what these young pup devildawgs are sayin' these days....

Personally, I'll cut my nails with anything that's got an edge. TL-29 pliers, Ka-Bar, shell casing, whatever.

I staged out of Pendleton back in '70. Bought my first real rifle at Camphuysen's gun shop, used to watch Elvis movies at the USO. Nice, quiet town when I was there.
Becky
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Manicure Gate Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:

"Metrosexual fop" Laughing I gotta remember that one...

Laughs aside...this is pathetic...he could have spent
his day constructively with the people of Florida helping
them...but he gets a manicure...I bet Bush doesn't
worry about nails on the ranch! Bet our soldiers
aren't worried about their nails...How disgusting Kerry
is...man of the people my a**...yeah, he works...he
works at keeping his nails and hair as pretty as
ketchup's...and, oh, have you noticed his tan is turning
more orange each day? And, as a person with a pool and
living by the beach, I NEVER go from white to tan
without blistering first...as in rosy red, don't touch
me anything look...then the peeling...then the tan
glow...tan on tan, yes...white and tan, orange....
join him, for then it costs nothing to be a
patriot.”
- Mark Twain
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Robson: you know, I thought of the coke thing too! Twisted Evil How evil of us. But it is gonna take more than skanky long nails to make THAT dude cool.

Wynne: you're welcome. I hope we have lots of laughs tonight, and they are all on Senator Kerry. Razz Razz Razz

THIS JUST IN: My daughter is watching the debates tonight at a local watering hole/hang out, and all of her girlfriends are putting orange peel-off face masque on their faces, and wearing t-shirts that have yellow stripes down the back. She was a swimmer and she is going to pin a bunch of the medals she won in competitions on her shirt, claiming they were from war exploits. One of her friends has an old nasty green fatigue hat, and she is going to keep it in her purse, bringing it out everytime Bush makes a good point, pretend she is crying, and use it as a kleenex.

I ask again: where did these kids learn to behave like that? Must be on their father's side.
kman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann Coulter (Grrrrrr!) nailed it months ago by calling The Hero a rich woman's poodle.

Kurt

Last edited by kman on Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
where did these kids learn to behave like that? Must be on their father's side.

That's an interesting theory....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: