SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

military.com

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LubyStarling
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: military.com Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, how many members of this site have been harangued on military.com and held liable rather than the liberal perpetrators?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean - could you explain what happened?
LubyStarling
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: military .com Reply with quote

Maam, I've been a member of military.com for several years. I only posted topics once in a great while. Because I wanted to get more involved with the site, it's members and topics, I posted more than the norm. I was looking for support of ideas such as donation jars in military exchanges for helping displaced vets, for incorporating the M-468 into the USMC now when it's stopping power is needed in street fighting in Iraq and also issueing it to the army special forces and airborne and for navy seals so more of our active duty personnel could come home alive and well.
I also sing and pretty good too, everything from old and new country to Elvis ballads to southern rock, spiced with a little gospel to keep my head straight and me off drugs and getting my highs naturally from adreneline. So, having no business agent, I tried promoting myself a little.
I didn't know that on that site, the word marine or gospel were considered spam. Liberals jumped all over my posts, slamming them, slandering me and complaining to admin. They spammed the site with garbage for responses. They should have been the ones required to get permission before posting or replying. I should have been allowed equal access as federal law mandates for mentioning bible verses in posts or replys. That didn't matter to those admin. They apparently want their members leading each other to hell, I didn't. I'm curious as to whether this was an isolated incident or the norm for conservatives sincere posts. LC

Last edited by LubyStarling on Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Military.com and associated service newspapers are now owned by USAToday. I no longer go there. That's a bad experience you had.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't advertise on military.com discussion boards, but if you have specific issues that you want to bring up regarding better support for the USMC, you might want to consider the Marine Open Discussion Forum. (MODF)
LubyStarling
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Advertise? Reply with quote

I didn't advertise, I bragged. I couldn't afford a press agent,so I let em know I can go ballistic rocking to songs like Brooks and Dunns ...Rock My World, and I can. I'm 57 and would prefer credit for the ability over the old acid rock groups before I'm any older . Military,com would apparently be a good site to get vets support for a lead-off in a USO tour or similar event. Who should get to entertain the military? Vets or acid freak stars supported by freaks and vacuum heads like Gall, Moore, etc.? By the way, I didn't start singing in public until I was 50 as I refused to become a victim of the devil and his drug cult. LC

Last edited by LubyStarling on Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
LubyStarling
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
You can't advertise on military.com discussion boards, but if you have specific issues that you want to bring up regarding better support for the USMC, you might want to consider the Marine Open Discussion Forum. (MODF)

Been there, done that, wrote all over for God and Country too, maam. LC
LubyStarling
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Advertising on military.com Reply with quote

Navy,Navy,Navy, This is an example of my self promotion. Notice I've been labeled a spammer by Greenhat. I juste-mailed him and asked if he intended to remove my restrictions after the election to be sure aI can't use a conservative /christian position to influence the results. Sorry I haven't kept in contact but, we've had some hurricanes here in Florida and surviving 3 of them has kept my attention. These are the only topics I put on site not directly related to military affairs, but I* have to promote myself and my talents somehow. LC

To: Webmaster <Webmaster@swiftvets.com>
Subject: Elvis who?, Go Marines..Do you consider this spam?
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 8:41 PM
Here's a web page on Military.com Forums( http://www.military.com ) that you may
be interested in reading:

http://forums.military.com/1/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=78919038&f=3691931514&m=426103232

Here are the messages I thought you'd be interested in:

----------------------------------------

Subject: Elvis who?, Go Marines
Author: LubyStarling
Date Posted: Mon, 05 July 2004
When Elvis was matched to Ann Margaret, I should have been matched to Haley
Mills! Then, representing family and christian values, I'd have pursued an
entertainment career and been renowned for my fun rock. Thats much better than
sin and sex idols and x-rated rock of James Dean, Buddy Holley andf Elvis. I
refused to become a victim of the devil and his drug cult. I didn't start
singing in public until 1998. I can go ballistic with southern rock like Brooks
and Dunns"Rock My World "or Joe Diffes "Honky Tonk Attitude. I've even rocked
(my style) to Hank Jr.'s Hillbilly rock, ever hear of anyone even trying that?
So, now tell your elvis idol worshippers to get their knives out of my back, I'm
better! LC

Subject:
Author: NQA
Date Posted: Tue, 06 July 2004
So I assume you've never been a great fan of the Sex Pistols then?

_'Only the dead have seen the end of war' Plato_

Subject: no drugs, no vd, no idiot, sir.
Author: LubyStarling
Date Posted: Tue, 06 July 2004
I can still quote William Shakespears speech by Mark Anthony from junior high
so, I've always considered the British and Europeans to be our allies. I've sent
demo tapes to members of your royal family. I just wish and pray that like King
Richard, You vets (Gods men of war) would stand solidly behind me to promote
decency, democracy and christianity. According to the news, we're losing the war
on aids. I don't want you vets or U.S. vets to become victims of drugs or aids.
I'd rather know you all live in Condom country as that prevents unwed mother
welfare burdens and vd. I can sing Beatles songs but have always preferred good
gospel, Elvis ballads or country music ballads. May God bless you all and as I
close, know that solidly together, I can be engraved on Mt. Rushmore and you can
all rise with me. Sincerely, LC

End of message(s)
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, hope this doesn't disappoint you too much, but if Greenhat_ says you're a spammer, then I think you've probably done a good job of coming off as a spammer. Wink

I have never known Greenhat_ to lie and I think of him as an honorable person. I would have been proud to serve with him, just from what I've seen from him, online.

Commercial ventures should not be posted over there without the permission of the admin, and neither should they be posted here without the permission of admin. People who do so are usually banned for spamming.

You may include a link to your site in your signature line, though.

And now, I think this matter is one that you should take up with the admin of the boards at military.com - I am only a participant there, not a moderator or admin.

Thanks,
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: