SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Debate Topic - COMMENTS HERE ONLY Please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Putt4eagle
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Simple Questions Reply with quote

If John Kerry is so convinced that he can gather an international coalition over and above what Bush has done already, isn't he duty bound to be doing so now instead of waiting until January 20th?

What is he waiting for?

How will he convince the French and Germans to supply troops to the fight when they have already said they wouldn't do it even if he is elected? What can he offer them? Cash, oil, contracts...what?
Ogre
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I point out that President Bush was talking about what he has actually done as opposed to Kerry promising a chicken in every pot? Any peckerwood can say 'I will do this' without any explanation as to how. It hasa bit more substance when you have a record and actually dealt with things rather than changing your position weekly.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ontheright wrote:
Just wanted to 'voice' my opinion on tonight's debate. For the first time I'm really concerned that we may just end up with that good for nothing, worthless hunk of flesh Kerry as CIC.

He was strong tonight and Bush was ineffective. If people are just getting around to paying attention to what's going on in this campaign, I'm afraid Kerry was able to convince quite of few of them that he can do the job.

I'm very discouraged. Crying or Very sad

Don't be - Bush does have a habit of making you feel like you want to route for him...make you nervous a bit when he loses his way. But he does always come back very strong. I think I am glad it is Kerry running against Bush, because it is not that hard to expose his incompetencies. Someone like Lieberman that isn't a lying traitor would be harder to fight. Stay encouraged.
ashter
Seaman

ontheright,

I'm concerned too. Kerry lied so much during the debate, but he was so confident that people will believe him. And, the media is not pointing his lies out.

Bush, as much as I love him, was ineffective.

God, Kerry as CIC really scares me. I think the Republicans need to start fighting back. The need to start talking about Kerry's past.... Get off the current topics and show this nation the TRUE KERRY....I honestly think a man like Kerry will ruin this nation during the 4 years he is president.
JCBoston
Seaman

This "Take the high road" crap has to end. I hope that his campaign managers recognize that after tonight.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noc wrote:
So the moment that most struck me was when Kerry said we need to pass a global test and Bush's response to it. Bush said something like the only test I will have is whether it makes America safe.

That did it for me.

Bush talking about if it was worht it where he showed honest emaotion about the solider who died compared to Kerry's reaction was like Dukas's was when he was asked about his wife being raped and murderd.No emotion at all. Kerry has no feelings for the soldiers.Bush does.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanna wrote:
I think one of the things we got from this tonight is Kerry's leaning toward Internationalism and globalism. We need to pound that and pound it and make it clear to the general public exactly what that means. I am quite sure that a lot of people don't have a clue about that.

oh yeah! so glad bush got kerry on the 'global test'
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do wish Bush had hit a Grand Slam and he didn't. But remember one thing Bush may have is his favor. Polls have proven the more people see Kerry, the more they DON'T like him! He just didn't come across likeable tonight. Everytime he goes on vacation and gets out of the limelight, his numbers rise. When he comes out to campaign, they drop. No matter how articulate he came across tonight, he still didn't come across likeable.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kerry DOES win (not saying he will).. you think I can ask to renounce my citizenship and become Japanese? Embarassed
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
JCBoston
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrJapan wrote:
If Kerry DOES win (not saying he will).. you think I can ask to renounce my citizenship and become Japanese? Embarassed

If that happens I might come with you.
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Someone like Lieberman that isn't a lying traitor would be harder to fight.

Well, true, but Lieberman is not a lying traitor, therefore, not so dangerous to the country. I'd still vote Bush over Lieberman, but Lieberman as POTUS doesn't scare me the way Kerry does.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox News said tomrrow Kerry will air commercal showing cutaways of the debate.But according to the agreement of the debate both campaigns agreed not to use video from the debate.
ontheright
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashter ~

Quote:
God, Kerry as CIC really scares me.

Me, too! It kind of hit me like ton of bricks tonight. I sat and watched some of the discussions on FOX afterwards then had to come here to see what others were thinking.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCBoston wrote:
MrJapan wrote:

I'll save some room... just in case..
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCBoston wrote:
MrJapan wrote:

you two sound like Babs Streisand and Alec Baldwin. Last I heard, in japan it's hard to find a door tall enough or a bed long enoug for westerner. Shocked Just think if kerry wins, we may be spending the euro instead of the dollar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 23 of 45

Jump to: