SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gen. Santa Ana and Sen. Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Gen. Santa Ana and Sen. Kerry Reply with quote

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!

I married a Texan. If you are from Texas, you know what that means. Basically, it means: adapt or die. Before our first child was born, my husband's father sent a shoe box filled with Texas soil so that the first earth that would touch the infant's feet would be Texas soil. And so it was, for each of our children, regardless of where they were born.

Being a Texan isn't about geography, it is about attitude. In Texas, our high school kids MUST take "Texas History" or they can not graduate. In Texas, a visit to the Alamo is held in the same reverence as Catholics feel about the Vatican. On my first pilgrimage to the Alamo, I actually observed a nasty verbal exchange when a visitor refused to remove his hat quickly enough.

This is my favorite part of the Alamo story, although actually it didn't occur at the Alamo, it happened later in the post-Alamo euphoria being felt in General Santa Ana's Mexican army. As we all know, General Santa Ana defeated a small group of Texas defenders at the Alamo, but the victory came at substantial cost to the Mexican army. However, filled with braggadocio and sporting several new medals, Santa Ana went bragging to all that would listen of his "grand and glorious victory" over the rag-tag Texans.

One of Santa Ana's lieutenants is said to have remarked wryly, "One more grand and glorious victory like that and we are finished."

Now who knows if that is true, Texans being somewhat prone to telling sea stories, but here is my point (yes, yes, I really do have one):

All over the OIM and 'net we read about how Kerry won the debate. The Kerry Kamp is crowing about their grand and glorious, Oscar worthy kandidate's performance. The PROBLEM is that Kerry laid one or two gaseous eggs, which are now ticking time bombs of stinking sulphuric stench.

And the envelope please: In the Internationalist Puke Category, we have: JOHN KERRY in "MOTHER MAY I PLEASE DEFEND THE UNITED STATES GLOBAL TEST"

And in the category of Once a US Apologist, Always a US Apologist, we have: IRAQ IS A MISTAKE AND OUR BRAVES SOLDIER ARE DYING BY MISTAKE"

Now, if the RNC and the Bush campaign does not flood the airwaves and media in the battleground states with commercials of these two huge, huge gaffes of Kerry's, I can't help them. I can't come to their homes and explain it any more clearly.

But if they do, the Kerry Kamp will feel, that in the end, this debate was one "grand and glorious defeat" of George Bush they simply could not afford.
MichaelP
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KUDOS AGAIN KIMMYMAC! Very Happy

My wife and I are both born Texas.

We live in San Antonio right now!

Michael
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great write up Kimmymac!

Really love your style it's like a breadth of fresh air Very Happy

I would like to include that it appears that John isn't satisfied with just dissing the current administration and our allies,
but he has to also include the holocaust survivors with his brilliant lippo on the KGB, I must say Johnny doesn't anybody
in your campaign staff know how to Google stuff and make sure it's correct. I can sure bet you that the Jews didn't need
to Google that one Embarassed and I don't even want to contemplate what may be stuck to their TV screens!

I fully believe that between now and the next debate both the RNC and the Pajamahaddeen are going to go over the
transcript of your statements with an even finer toothed comb than the one used on Desperate Dan Rather’s poor attempt
at using Forged documents to slander our current president!

Ok turning the soapbox back over to you Kimmymac Very Happy
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac - I don't know how you do it, but, as always, it's great! Keep up the good work! Laughing
MikeM
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmy, you wouldn't by any chance be related to Karen Hughes would ya?

Reason I ask is you seem to be able hit Kerry like I'm pretty sure she would want to, and how I imagine she would if she were able to without being directly linked to the WH.

You go girl!
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no relation to Karen Hughes. I am so glad you enjoy my little blurbs, you are all so kind. I really wish I knew of some way to get a job as a speech writer or political strategist. Or writing for Rush, or whatever.

I quit college to marry my husband, and then followed him around from base to base. Now the kids are grown up (everywhere but the head, ha ha) and I would love to write for a living.

Anyone have any ideas?

I could stand on a street corner with a WILL WRITE FOR FOOD sign...
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
No, no relation to Karen Hughes. I am so glad you enjoy my little blurbs, you are all so kind. I really wish I knew of some way to get a job as a speech writer or political strategist. Or writing for Rush, or whatever.

I quit college to marry my husband, and then followed him around from base to base. Now the kids are grown up (everywhere but the head, ha ha) and I would love to write for a living.

Anyone have any ideas?

I could stand on a street corner with a WILL WRITE FOR FOOD sign...

You could start your own blog and become famous when you break a story about fake memos .. o wait thats been done.

but seriously you could, I can help you set it up if you don't know what to do. You'd definately have your own following in no time.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deborah- If I can't even figure out how to contribute to pajamajournal, what good is my own blog going to do me? Confused I could START by being a guest contributor.

And this having my own blog thing sounds like a lot of responsibility...and, well...work.

On the plus side, I like the idea of working without the added stress of actually having to get dressed. As it is, I go some days from my pajamas, to my work-out clothes, back to my pajamas. Shower in between, of course.

When Dan Rather was all freaking out over "pajama-clad bloggers" I just knew he was so jealous, didn't you? Because I was sitting there in my pajamas (second set that day) swinging my pink scuffy slippered feet to and fro, eating kiwi fruit with a spoon right there in front of the TV with my wireless laptop at the ready, and I was saying, "Whatever, you dinosaur. You are so jealous, buddy. Hey--I might be a pajama clad blogger, but at least I don't get jet lag flying around hell's half acre trying to get my story straight." Then I popped the top on a can of Fresca. Life just doesn't get any better, you know?

But who is going to pay me to eat kiwi fruit and laugh at Dan Rather?

Confused
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
Deborah- If I can't even figure out how to contribute to pajamajournal, what good is my own blog going to do me? Confused I could START by being a guest contributor.

And this having my own blog thing sounds like a lot of responsibility...and, well...work.

On the plus side, I like the idea of working without the added stress of actually having to get dressed. As it is, I go some days from my pajamas, to my work-out clothes, back to my pajamas. Shower in between, of course.

When Dan Rather was all freaking out over "pajama-clad bloggers" I just knew he was so jealous, didn't you? Because I was sitting there in my pajamas (second set that day) swinging my pink scuffy slippered feet to and fro, eating kiwi fruit with a spoon right there in front of the TV with my wireless laptop at the ready, and I was saying, "Whatever, you dinosaur. You are so jealous, buddy. Hey--I might be a pajama clad blogger, but at least I don't get jet lag flying around hell's half acre trying to get my story straight." Then I popped the top on a can of Fresca. Life just doesn't get any better, you know?

But who is going to pay me to eat kiwi fruit and laugh at Dan Rather?

Confused

Money is over-rated.

You are already a guest contributor. I've been pasting your posts into Pajama Journal directly from this forum and that works pretty EZ. Laughing

Do you mean to tell me you havn't been reading? Is this why you don't know your being published daily? Hmm?

- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deborah: When can I expect my first royalty check?

Put the link to pajamajournal in your sig line, why doncha? Then I could read myself in stereo, no muss, no fuss.

Money is OVER RATED? Tell that to John Kerry! The only people who think money is over rated are rich Republicans. Are you a rich Republican, Deborah? If you are really, really, REALLY rich John Kerry wants your phone number. He says he would be willing to switch parties, no prob.

I am going to Boston on Friday. I could do guest- remotes from there. Sort of like an "inside the enemy lines" report.

Can I have one of those satellite trucks? And I will need a staff, nothing too much, maybe 4 or 5 people. I'll do my own wardrobe, of course. Pajamas, how hard is that, right? But my hair, I was thinking of getting that fabulous person Kerry has...
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimm,
The Alamo :
Its just not the same , since they moved it!
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimm,
Ive decided to move my 300 plus K movie mobile to a more kindler, more sensitive spot in the scheme of things!
I must report that I am now in Eugene, Oregon, currently Iam watching a blown off mountain gettin ready to do it again.
I will of course, keep you to date!, signing off-this is shark-bait!
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
Deborah: When can I expect my first royalty check?

Put the link to pajamajournal in your sig line, why doncha? Then I could read myself in stereo, no muss, no fuss.

Money is OVER RATED? Tell that to John Kerry! The only people who think money is over rated are rich Republicans. Are you a rich Republican, Deborah? If you are really, really, REALLY rich John Kerry wants your phone number. He says he would be willing to switch parties, no prob.

I am going to Boston on Friday. I could do guest- remotes from there. Sort of like an "inside the enemy lines" report.

Can I have one of those satellite trucks? And I will need a staff, nothing too much, maybe 4 or 5 people. I'll do my own wardrobe, of course. Pajamas, how hard is that, right? But my hair, I was thinking of getting that fabulous person Kerry has...

Umm, look down at the sig line.. the link has been there all along. I am beginning to see why the blog authorize thing wasn't working.

The URL is www.pajamajournal.com just in case it isnt showing up as a link for you for some reason.

Hairdressers, remote trucks and staff? You dont want all that, you'd loose your edge and it's your edge that makes you so good. Same thing for royalties, bad idea.

Just keep posting and I'll keep borrowing your posts and all will be well in the world.

- Winston Churchill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: