SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Debates..Lose the Battles Win the War

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oasis
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Debates..Lose the Battles Win the War Reply with quote

Hello,

From memory and my notes.

When I first tuned into the debate last night it looked like President Bush was apologizing and Kerry shaking his head as though go on, go on.

Please donate to the.. RED CROSS

Last edited by oasis on Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it may be public knowledge about this weapon, but I'm not sure. Either way, I agree Kerry should not be talking about it, and I agree with you that Kerry is a security risk. It is traditional to get intelligence briefings as a nominee, but he he very undeserving of them. He is a traitor.
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the mags (Maybe pop sci) did a story on it. They're researching ways to make the bomb go deap enough to not scatter radioactive particles and still close enough to do major damage.
oasis
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

One mention in my notes was a nuke suit case for $250 million dollars.

Umm, how does Kerry know the going price of this weapon?

I would not have brought this to the debate unless he has good reason. What could that reason be?

Maybe he wants to be the one to say I told you so. Sorry Kerry this is old news and you are out of the loop.

We've covered this in our debates awhile back but no need to scare people needlessly with well known facts.

Just in case you are wondering what a nuke suitcase is this is what it looks like.

Alexander Lebed and Suitcase Nukes

If this is news to you I apologize but thanks to "I don't care how I do it to get into the White House Kerry."

Last edited by oasis on Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:54 am; edited 3 times in total
SWVTsupporter
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Article on Nuclear Bunker Busters...

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=0000C2FA-CC78-10FA-89FB83414B7F0000
kman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of bunker busters, did you folks know the MOAB has a big brother? It's nearly ten thousand pounds heavier, narrower, and is a penetrator. Aviation Week (leak?) had an article on it a few months ago. What do you suppose they'll call it? How about MOUG? I wonder how deep would that rascal go in when dropped from 40,000 feet.

BTW: It's bunk that only a C130 can drop the MOAB. It will fit internally in a B2.

Kurt
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oasis, that image is a dummied up version created as a prop for the senator explaining it. CIA did it, iirc.
Here are some links about actual "small" weapons.
http://flashofemerald.jmtaylor.us/sadm.htm
http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/News/DoSuitcaseNukesExist.html
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several thoughts here. I think "W" was letting the American people meet John Kerry.
He had the full stage. "W" said you know my stance and position and John seems to numerous positions on Iraq. He said this almost apologetically. The American people got to see John Kerry position himself as a flip flop who is weak on defense. To think the enimies of America will drop their nuke program if we scutttle ours is insane. His 80s playbook. It didn't work then it won't work now. He is talking to his 20% peacenik fringe. The Bunker busting nuke is just another military program/weapons system he will vote against. To North Korea he will bend over and grab the ankles and "trust" them. They will do likewise because "he" is president?
oasis
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Here is some wishful thinking during the debate.

Kerry spoke about Iraqi veterans at his rope line.

1 active
1 guard.

Kerry said, 'they told me what it was like in Iraq and that they were worried about how tough it is to get our troops out of there and take care of them."

Now lets see what really happens when a traitor meets real members of our armed forces.

Quote:
Kerry was treating running mate Sen. John Edwards and his wife, Elizabeth, to a Wendy's lunch in Newburgh, N.Y., for their 27th wedding anniversary — an Edwards family tradition — when the candidate approached four Marines and asked them questions.

The Marines — two in uniform and two off-duty — were polite but curt while chatting with Kerry, answering most of his questions with a "yes, sir" or "no, sir."

But they turned downright nasty after the Massachusetts senator thanked them "for their service" and left.

"He imposed on us and I disagree with him coming over here shaking our hands," one Marine said, adding, "I'm 100 percent against [him]."

A sergeant with 10 years of service under his belt said, "I speak for all of us. We think that we are doing the right thing in Iraq," before saying he is to be deployed there in a few weeks and is "eager" to go and serve.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: