SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WP: Broder on Kerry- I'm so tired of the word "insurgen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: WP: Broder on Kerry- I'm so tired of the word "insurgen Reply with quote

re: this Washington Post article by David Broder I wrote the following reply. His basic argument was that Kerry sounded some believable themes in the debate and put himself (back) "in the game." I took extreme issue with his word choice..

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 11:10 PM
To: davidbroder@washpost.com
Subject: You sir, are wrong to use the word "insurgent" or "insurgency"
for child murderers.

"as the insurgency in Iraq gathers momentum...On a day when the headlines carried news of more than 40 deaths -- most of them children -- from insurgent attacks...the reality of the growing resistance...Bush's real opponent in this campaign is not John Kerry but the Iraqi insurgency..."

You sir, are wrong to use the word "insurgent" or "insurgency" for child murderers. What in the world does this mean? "Insurgency" "Resistance" - sounds like Ghandi - is that what you mean? Idiocy - please make some distinction - English is a very powerful and exact language. I know that you can do it - this is how you make a living, correct?! Just because a bunch of butchers are killing children and women in Bagdhad to try to upend the US and Iraqi elections does not mean this can blithely, stupidly be considered "gathering momentum" for an "insurgency." Try, heinous sick extremists attempt yet again to strongarm the world through cowardly acts...those of us who are truly courageous, most of all our incredible armed forces, will not allow this to happen. By calling the terrorists and murderers of children in Iraq an insurgency you do a diservice to reality and to the Iraqi/Coalition/American bravery and resolve. What sort of brazen motivation might you have to do such a thing a day after children were mass murdered? Inconceivable...

Why don't you try grabbing a thesaurus and using a word akin to "murderer" or "terrorist?"
Terrorist - radical, fanatic, extremist - would be a good start.
Child Murderer - slayer, slaughterer, executioner...

"Bush's real opponent in this campaign is not John Kerry but the Iraqi insurgency..." Nope - his real opponent and ours are heinous, cowardly, child killing, head sawing off with kitchen knives terrorists...call a spade a spade sir...

"no viable exit strategy" - what do you consider our exit strategy from 9/11? I know what the exit strategy was for dozens and dozens in those buildings murdered by the child killing murderers...they had to jump out of them...most others were incinerated in moments of utter horror almost too gruesome to contemplate...and where does that leave us? To take the fight to the front and back yards of the terrorists themselves - that's where...and that's EXACTLY WHAT President Bush and our brave troops are doing and the Army Corps of Engineers and the Rebuilding teams continue to provide goods and services whereever and whenever the murderers, extremists and terrorists are put down. That is our exit strategy sir - we are not dealing with an enemy who will fight us to our face - we are dealing with cowards who will shoot children in the back and blow them up as they reach for candy - heinous sick monsters when you think about it.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got it - I think it was Ann Coulter who made the same point yesterday?

"Insurgency" is home-grown and these butchering barbarians are definitely imported - so call them "disgruntled tourists" if the word "terrorists" is too hard on your sensitivities, but lay off the "insurgency" crap.

She said it a little more delicately than I did. Wink
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant and excellent!!!

Wish I would have written it.

I'm finding it harder and harder to believe what has become of our world.

Broder is a very useful tool for the those who would destroy us.

It sickens me.

Great letter.
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
You've got it - I think it was Ann Coulter who made the same point yesterday?

"Insurgency" is home-grown and these butchering barbarians are definitely imported - so call them "disgruntled tourists" if the word "terrorists" is too hard on your sensitivities, but lay off the "insurgency" crap.

She said it a little more delicately than I did. Wink

Yeah, home grown and receiving some legitimacy from the local population - how long will these butchers stay around if they're murdering kids? So insurgency and resistance implies legitimacy - & these butchers have just proven to have none.

The Samara action and many others are coming 1 to 110 and better - I like those odds...may the family of the soldier who died in the cause of freedom be comforted and proud...
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I thought you were quoting the Broder article at first and I just skimmed it - now that I see this is a letter you wrote, I changed my note from "He's got it," to "You've got it."

Very good letter - I especially like the exit strategy paragraph.

Over 200 people jumped or were pushed or fell that day - a quicker and relatively painless death compared to the slow, agonizing one that had been dealt to them at the hand of the terrorists.

The jumpers or fallen accounted for most of the relatively intact remains found at the site of the WTC.

As a fire chief's daughter, I think I know what hell it must have been inside those towers to make people so desperate to escape. The plight of the jumpers has always been especially touching to me.

You are absolutely correct - our best exit strategy is to keep killing them in the ratios that our Marines and Soldiers at Samarrah are managing.

Great letter!
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jim_nyc wrote:
Brilliant and excellent!!!

Wish I would have written it.

I'm finding it harder and harder to believe what has become of our world.

Broder is a very useful tool for the those who would destroy us.

It sickens me.

Great letter.

Thanks Jim - we just need to keep the pressure up in a coherent fashion - our side will win the day! Keep up the fight for Bush in NYC!! We're watching the battleground states! Is NY a battleground state - is Kerry nervous yet? Can you say "desperation" and "hail Mary?" Kerry needs more than a home run in the debates - he can only get four with a homer - no folks - he needs a hail Mary - we've just got to keep our guy from getting behind us deep- and Orangeman John Kerry, you aint no Doug Flutie...hahaha

Go Swifties & POWs - you are double time heroes and examples to us all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: