SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this too much or will it make people think?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Is this too much or will it make people think? Reply with quote

New T-shirt design.. tell me, is it too offensive?

(never mind .. It was, I'll think of something else)

If you all dont think that it's over the top I will add it to The Pajama Shop. If anyone wants any of the designs I can email the jpg to you and you can print your own shirts. Cafe-shop is expensive and even though profits are going to SBVT its only 1.00 to 2.00 per item profit. Anyone thats only ordering because of the donations would be better served to just donate to SBVT directly and let me send you the files you like.

(edited to remove the offensive picture)

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill

Last edited by dmackto on Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Too Offensive Reply with quote

Yes. We should not bring the Memorial into play regarding politics, IMHO.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Too Offensive Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:
Yes. We should not bring the Memorial into play regarding politics, IMHO.

Ok, thank you for saying so. I'll think of something else to express the sentiment.

- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Deborah,
although my initial reaction is one of overwhelming enthusiasm, I'm forced to agree with mtboone. Neither you nor I are Vietnam Vets and we have no right to use their memorial in our personal statements. Furthermore, even if we were Vietnam era vets, we couldn't say that we speak for ALL Vietnam vets, as the use of the wall would indicate.

Mandotory pontifications being said, count me in! I'd love the file for my personal, rapidly growing collection of anti-Kerry stuff. All the best,
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the flag or purple heart?
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd gen Navy wrote:
Dear Deborah,
although my initial reaction is one of overwhelming enthusiasm, I'm forced to agree with mtboone. Neither you nor I are Vietnam Vets and we have no right to use their memorial in our personal statements. Furthermore, even if we were Vietnam era vets, we couldn't say that we speak for ALL Vietnam vets, as the use of the wall would indicate.

Mandotory pontifications being said, count me in! I'd love the file for my personal, rapidly growing collection of anti-Kerry stuff. All the best,

Yah I have to admit I was flinching a little bit about it but was wavering because it would make people react and hopefully realize that is exactly what they would be doing with a Kerry vote. I'll think of another way to say it or try to.

- Winston Churchill
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msindependent wrote:
the flag or purple heart?

I was just thinking purple heart but I wince over that too. He's already done so much damage to the symbolism the purple heart.

- Winston Churchill
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"msindependent"]the flag or purple heart?

The Purple Heart because he threw his away would be appropriate.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:
"msindependent"]the flag or purple heart?

The Purple Heart because he threw his away would be appropriate.

Ok purple heart it is...

- Winston Churchill
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's good, but only people that earned those should really wear the shirt or whatever. In *my* opinion. You know, I am sensitive to the whole Purple Heart thing.

Hey, dmacktoo--how come the pajama shoppe doesn't sell pajamas? I am looking for loose fitting, cotton pajama bottoms. You know, like boxers but long. The kind of pajamas my husband hates me to wear. Comfortable, in other words. If he doesn't like it, he should have married Doris Day, not Kimmymac. I am going to order one of your shirts, btw. I think it will be very unique. A piece of history. Too bad I can't send the shirt around this site and get all the pajamaheeden to sign it.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
Yeah, that's good, but only people that earned those should really wear the shirt or whatever. In *my* opinion. You know, I am sensitive to the whole Purple Heart thing.

Hey, dmacktoo--how come the pajama shoppe doesn't sell pajamas? I am looking for loose fitting, cotton pajama bottoms. You know, like boxers but long. The kind of pajamas my husband hates me to wear. Comfortable, in other words. If he doesn't like it, he should have married Doris Day, not Kimmymac. I am going to order one of your shirts, btw. I think it will be very unique. A piece of history. Too bad I can't send the shirt around this site and get all the pajamaheeden to sign it.

We could do that. Everyone would need to "sign" on a piece of paper and then scan into an image file and then each email me the file I can put them on shirts. Not exactly ideal because the signatures will all end up fitting in a rectangle roughly 8/12 x 11 inches but the advantage is that it is at least doable.

- Winston Churchill
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I agree with you on the medal shirt Kimmy.. something about it doesn't sit well with me. Not sure what I want to do with that one. Meanwhile here is another new one.

- Winston Churchill
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOohh, that's rough...I like that. You have doggie T-shirts? EXCELLENT. I have three dogs that are my babies. Each time a child left, I got a dog. Got three dogs. Then my husband said three dogs was probably enough so I started getting other animals instead. My kids actually experience sibling rivalry with the dogs. I tell them if I knew how much more obedient and loving dogs were, I would have just skipped the kids and went right to raising dogs, ha ha.

On a serious note, wrt the t shirts, bumper stickers, etc. I work at the local Bush hdqtrs, and alot of people stop by, donate, etc., but they don't want to put bumper stickers on their cars because they are afraid of vandalism. Seems to be a real area of concern. Really makes me angry. Has anyone else encountered this sentiment?
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Bush sign in my yard and was ready to guard it if need be but so far the only comment I had was a women wanting to know where she could get one.

- Winston Churchill
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
OOohh, that's rough...I like that. You have doggie T-shirts? EXCELLENT. I have three dogs that are my babies.

I can just see three dogs running around with anti-Kerry slogan shirts.

- Winston Churchill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: