SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NYT Kerry's Health - Help us rebut this propaganda
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry's Jaw surgery Reply with quote

barbgeo wrote:
Somehow, I remember reading long ago that Kerry had his jaw surgery done at the VA at our expense long after he left active duty and before he was a Senator. Not sure how he was able to do this since the jaw deformaty in no way could have been "service connected". I just thought it very odd that someone with his resources would go to a Government facility for this. Probably just another way he was trying to establish himself as someone "who had been there". God, this guy is a piece of work!

I believe he had surgery on his chin sometime back. I read somewhere he did.His chin used to be real pointed .
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry's Jaw surgery Reply with quote

barbgeo wrote:
Somehow, I remember reading long ago that Kerry had his jaw surgery done at the VA at our expense long after he left active duty and before he was a Senator. Not sure how he was able to do this since the jaw deformaty in no way could have been "service connected". I just thought it very odd that someone with his resources would go to a Government facility for this. Probably just another way he was trying to establish himself as someone "who had been there". God, this guy is a piece of work!

Here is what the NYT Article has to say about it.
Quote:
Until surgery in 1974, Mr. Kerry had a misalignment of his jaw that prevented him from biting properly and made a loud clicking noise when he ate. "It was exasperating," Mr. Kerry said. While critics have suggested the procedure was cosmetic, both he and his dental surgeon, Dr. Walter C. Guralnick of Massachusetts General Hospital denied that.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: NYT Kerry's Health - Help us rebut this propaganda Reply with quote

ord33 wrote:
However, CT scan X-rays taken at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston document that two pieces of metal shrapnel are embedded deep in Mr. Kerry's left thigh, next to the femur, said Dr. Gerald J. Doyle, Mr. Kerry's personal physician in Boston who reviewed the X-rays at the request of this reporter, who is a physician. Doctors treating the wound in 1969 decided to leave the shrapnel in place. "One piece of shrapnel is about the size of a bullet, the other a bit smaller," Dr. Doyle said.

As a physician, I opin that this report is very suspicious. A piece of shrapnel the "size of a bullet" that had penetrated deep enough to make removal difficult would have caused extensive soft tissue damage on its passage inwards (much as the shock wave of a bullet does). This is especially true if something penetrated all the way to the femur (long leg bone). It would have resulted in an injury that Mr. Kerry would not have walked back to duty with shortly thereafter.

Would you be walking and fit for duty soon after getting shot in the leg with the bullet deeply imbedded in your thigh next to the femur? I doubt it.

In fact, it occurs that shrapnel, being irregular in shape, would have likely caused MORE damage than a bullet in its passage.

The reported findings do not seem consistent with the historical reports.

-- FDL
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician), I concur with Doc...BUMP!
Who's taking point on getting this to Rush, Boortz, et al...anyone besides me think it's worth the effort?
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry's Jaw surgery Reply with quote

barbgeo wrote:

I suppose his jaw surgery could have been considered been 'service' related if someone had popped him in the mouth at some time, and broken his jaw. Smile
Sure would like to see the real medical records. There might be a fellow office of JFnK out there that deserves some kind of medal. lol
shorty
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry's Jaw surgery Reply with quote

lrb111 wrote:

I suppose his jaw surgery could have been considered been 'service' related if someone had popped him in the mouth at some time, and broken his jaw. Smile

Oh my, you should have put a spew warning on that one. ROFL..
Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: