SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great Article by Ollie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Great Article by Ollie Reply with quote

After turning on Fox this morning and seeing them talking about the bogus Newsweak poll, I turned off the TV news, and found this article that really made me feel encouraged. Hope it boosts some morale a bit this morning, it did mine. A personal heartfelt thanks to all our brave men and women fighting the war on terror and may God keep you all in His care. Thanks guys - you're all heroes.

http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/20041002-102022-7716r.htm

Debbie
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the truth will get out about the progress in the war - it is getting out. I believe people want to by nature be optimistic - and all of Kerry's negativism and pessimism only encourages his base. I love Bush's line about climbing the mountain and seeing the valley of peace below. It infuriates me how the media lies about our progress in the war and dismisses the good our military has done and puts them at greater risk, but the good news is more and more people don't listen to the MSM as their gig is up and their biases has been exposed for all to see. I do feel hopeful.

Debbie
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Great Article by Ollie Reply with quote

Debs wrote:
After turning on Fox this morning and seeing them talking about the bogus Newsweak poll, I turned off the TV news, and found this article that really made me feel encouraged. Hope it boosts some morale a bit this morning, it did mine. A personal heartfelt thanks to all our brave men and women fighting the war on terror and may God keep you all in His care. Thanks guys - you're all heroes.

http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/20041002-102022-7716r.htm

Debbie

Thanks for the great article. We need more of this type of reporting to counteract the constant din of negativity coming from the left. God bless our fighting men and women. And, yes, they are all heroes!
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will post every good and truthful article I can find as we all need to get our gloves on and buck up and fight. It makes me so angry to see our press report on the war, as they are just a propaganda machine for the terrorists now. And seeing the anger the troops feel about the negative reporting in our press makes me so angry at our press. We are fighting two wars - the terrorists and the media (and that includes the Kerry campaign as they are obviously in cahoots with the media). Our brave soldiers, airmen, marines, sailors and guardsmen hear all this BS from our media, but they have a job to do and they are doing it brilliantly. We need to get that same courage to fight, and not get down, as these guys are depending on us to fight for them. We brought down SeeBS and showed our MSM for their corrupt and traitorous ways. We have the power - this is a war - we need to put on our gloves and keep fighting. Our troops are getting the job done - they need our support and encouragement - that is our job in this war, to support them and get the truth out. Report for duty, guys, turn off the TV, get your fighting spirits up, and get to work. We are at war, in more ways than one - our troops are depending on us, they need our help in so many ways, and we cannot be wavering or faint of heart. This is a war for our survival and we all must do our part.

Debbie
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the great article Debs. I emailed it to John
Kasich on Fox. On his show Heartland yesterday, he said
that he was angry with Iraqi's for being complacent about
these terrorists. Thought he needed a dose of reality
from someone who is over there and not just sitting in a
spectator seat!
Razz

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SooZQ wrote:
Thanks for the great article Debs. I emailed it to John
Kasich on Fox. On his show Heartland yesterday, he said
that he was angry with Iraqi's for being complacent about
these terrorists. Thought he needed a dose of reality
from someone who is over there and not just sitting in a
spectator seat!
Razz

Joh Kasich has sadly become complacent about supporting a fellow Republican, President Bush.
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, SooZQ, and maybe this article will help open Kasich's, and others, eyes. But if not, we just have to keep getting the word out to anyone who will listen. The truth is here - not everyone, sadly will listen, but we have to keep spreading it any way we possibly can.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04277/388986.stm

This article talks about how there are more Iraqi's volunteering for the military than there are slots to fill in their military. They realize they are the targets now, and they are rising up to take control - very encouraging news.

I truly believe and feel the tide is turning in this war, and that the Iraqi's and Afghani's are taking more and more control of their own destiny. Bush has said freedom is God's gift to man and the human spirit longs to be free, and that desire is a powerful and relentless force - I believe John F. Kennedy said something similar and they are both right. The people of Iraq and Afghanistan are free, but it is new to them and they are slowly realizing the responsibility that comes with the gift of freedom. And, with our continued help in the war, our encouragment, our support, they are beginning to envision an attainable goal of freedom and peace - they are starting to grasp that their future is in their hands - they are rising up and beginning to meet the challenge and the responsibilities they face as a free people, and as always when that happens, the best that is in human nature shines through and will always prevail in the end against evil.

I remember Bush's speech in London - in my view, one of the best, most impressive, visionary, and brilliant speeches he has ever given. He is a man with a vision, and if that vision can prevail, it will change the world. It is a big vision, but it is slowly, I believe, evolving in what is happening in Afghanistan and Iraq. Bush was right - this is hard work and it will take time and there will be setbacks, but we must keep our eye on the prize - a freer, safer world. The yearning of the human spirit to be free and the power unleashed when that goal is in sight, is a force no evil can overcome. The seeds of freedom have been planted in Iraq and Afghanistan - they are taking hold but they are fragile, they need much nourishment as they have many storms to weather, many setbacks to endure, but with our continued unwavering and steadfast support, with the hope of a future of freedom in the hearts of the good people of these two countries, I believe we are seeing Bush's vision becoming reality. Bush has said about the war on terror, we must not waver, we must not falter, and we will prevail - he is right - and it's happening right before our eyes and it is a beautiful thing to behold. The flower of freedom is beginning to bloom through the storm, heartache, and horror of war, the sunlight is beginning to peak through and nourish the seedlings of freedom and, and I truly believe that valley of peace is in sight, and though it may be a long, stormy and winding road still ahead before the valley is reached, it is in sight. Maybe I'm a dreamer, but I think in the end, good will always overcome evil, and to see it happening right before our eyes is heartening - and breathtaking. Bush was right - we will prevail.

Debbie
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: