SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are You Listening America?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Are You Listening America? Reply with quote

AMERICA - ARE YOU LISTENING?

America, thirty years ago you abandoned us. You turned your back on us, forgot our sacrifices and classified us as losers, drug addicts and social outcasts. Hollywood gladly persisted in portraying us to a younger generation and to the world as drug-addled sadists, loners and borderline psychopaths.

You never welcomed us home with open arms or words of comfort for our wounds. Instead, we were greeted by sneering leftists, Communists and fifth columnists posing as students, professors and members of the almighty press, all anxious to document the return of its wayward sons to a country all too quick and pleased to forget us.

Our own families, force-fed a diet of lies by its trusted television newsmen, doubted the nature of our sacrifices and quietly, shamefully, accepted our unadorned return.

Faced with such singular ignominy, we quietly resumed our lives, jobs, educations and careers. The overwhelming majority of us succeeded in those interrupted lives and careers, becoming doctors, engineers, architects, lawyers, businessmen, accountants, and all other professions imaginable. We established businesses, became wealthy, raised families, paid taxes, had grandchildren. By any measure, we achieved the American dream - not because it was handed to us in payment for our service, sacrifices or victimization - but earned by us in spite of it.

For thirty years and more we quietly persevered in our march to heal the wound inflicted on our souls, not by the armed enemy we faced on the battlefield, but by our countrymen in our rear - some, but not very, very many at all, who had even worn the uniform. Such a deep wound had been healing slowly and without any help from those who gleefully inflicted it.

And then, one of the men who wielded the original knife . . . the dagger sharpened by his ideological masters in Hanoi, Beijing, Moscow and Havana . .. . re-emerges from our past and begins to once again twist that knife he so deeply thrust into our backs. He now emerges, wearing the mantle of respectable member of Congress, who rode his once-shameful Vietnam service into the halls of political power . . . who now seeks the highest office in the land, professing to be one of us . . . the abandoned ones, the forgotten ones, the murderers, rapists and sadists he so loudly and theatrically damned in front of a world watching, listening and reading in 1971.

He now proudly proclaims shedding blood for a Nation whose service he condemned in 1971, whose medals he contemptuously threw on the Capitol grounds and which he now wears, unstained by the shame of his rejecting them when his Nation needed solidarity. He now claims heroism as his badge of honor in an army of savages not seen since the "hordes of Genghis Khan."

And he does all of this without shame, guilt or remorse in front of us, the forgotten ones, the abandoned ones . . . and what is most terrifying to us, the ones who were never ashamed of our service, who have quietly kept the faith of our fathers, who have faithfully remembered and honored our dead, who have never "cashed in" on our military service, and who had slowly and painfully learned to accept our anonymity - is the fact that this opportunist, this sunshine patriot, this back-stabbing traitor to his uniformed compatriots . . . this elitist, gold-digger . . . may possibly become our Commander-in-Chief.

And you . . . America . . . our dearly loved Nation . . . who abandoned us so many years ago, and to whom we have remained faithful nonetheless . . . are you going to shame us once again?

Author Ray Calafell

Do you remember me America? I was the one which others cared not to be. I went where others feared to go and did what others failed to do. I asked nothing from those who gave nothing. I reluctantly, accepted the thought of eternal loneliness should I fail. I have seen the face of terror, felt the chill of fear, warmed to the touch of love. I have hoped, pained, and cried. But foremost, I have lived in times others would say are best forgotten. At the very least, in these later days, I am able to say with the greatest pride........that I was indeed! .......an American Soldier!
Taken from one of the best vet sites I've found. You can find it, and hundreds of others in the very first 'LINKS TO VET SITES" ( viperash).....if you shed no tears,feel nothing, ...you have a MAJOR problem!! THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!

enya2
Owner/Administrator
(10/3/04 3:48 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: America, Are You Listening?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
members.aol.com/viperash51/kerry/kerry.html

Here you go! Read ALL of them!!!
Taken from my website : Stories From the Troops.Forum
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope America isn't that stupid again. How they can believe that traitor and listen to his lies again is beyond me. I cannot understand why they can't see what a traitor he is to this country. He is out for himself. God help USA if he does win.
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Are You Listening America? Reply with quote

Marine's Wife wrote:
AMERICA - ARE YOU LISTENING?

Thanks MW for a superb message. It says it all. No way to improve or expand on it. Thanks again.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Post. But it saddens my heart when I see the anti-War creeps marching in Washington. It saddens my heart to have read the story of the Iraq war GI beat up and hospitalized by anti-War jerks while home on leave.
I blame 100% of this on John Kerry.
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: subject Reply with quote

I cry every time I remember how they were treated. What I feel is so close to hatred I can smell,and taste it. We ALL have to work hard, doing what we can,no matter how small it may seem,or it will happen again.

Kerry and his ilk are not fit to lick the boots of our warriors,past,present,or future!They love to talk about their "rights" on every website I go to.Who the hell gave them their "rights?" PLEASE,help me! Sign up voters,send letters to editors,anything to defeat Hanoi John.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's even more amazing is these moronic "polls" that show up on college campuses and on the MSNBC website that ask the question, "Will the draft be more likely to be reinstated if President Bush is reelected?"

When I saw this today on MSNBC, it was running about 65% answering "President Bush".

Shows you that college no longer means higher education, and the willfully ignorant at MSNBC are only too happy to keep the BIG LIE alive.
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I really do think they are listening. My in-laws watched the debate. They are Die Hard Democrats that have been extremely solid behind Kerry. They often ignored what I tried to show them but after the debate, they said they would be voting for Bush. They both said they just did not trust Kerry, that he seemed like a used car saleman saying what he thought they wanted to hear and they finally listened to some of the things I have been telling them. I still cannot believe that they actually changed so completely.

The problem with many elder people is that they do not have access to the internet, many do not even have cable so they see the likes of cBS, NBC, and ABC. Is there any wonder that they do not know they are being duped?
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will continue to beat the drum that once Kerry is defeated. SBVFT should focus its resources on defense of the troops and when ever a wrongful depictions occurs SBVFT needs to rise up and squash it before the cancer of disinformation has a chance to gain any validity.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wear my Kerry Lied t-shirt anytime I step out of the house for reasons other than work and church. If I have to I will wash it everynight until Nov. 2nd.
Fphamm
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad thing is that where I live if you dont dare show support for GWB, or the troops. Everybody thinks that it is Bush's fault for the 9/11 and that the troop deserve what they get, and it really makes me pissed. Not too mention the democratic anybody but bush attitude where I work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: