SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now on Drudge - Kerry Cheated??? (debates)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Must be something to this cheating thing - two Kerry KookAde drinkers debut on this thread? Wink

You tell 'em. they're even coming here to spin Shocked

someone just said on tv CNN about Kerry, he showed his teeth to much.

boy, that's for sure... I noticed that right away.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Endaar
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New here, but been around on various boards for a while. Smile

Actually, I'm not trying to create a thread there. Just trying to submit this as a topic. It's a form on the website, but the php script doesn't seem to complete and the submission won't go through. The same problem exists when trying to register for the message board there, so I'm wondering if there isn't something funny with the site right now.

Thanks for the comments in any event.

Endaar
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, gosh, he's got those pretty new porcelain veneers - why shouldn't he show them off? Wink

I would..... See? Very Happy
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may or may not turn out to be a "gotcha" but I don't agree. Kerry did not pull the item out in front of everybody. He turned his back on "everyone". And the cameras were not supposed to be taking pictures from behind the podium. It may have been a sneak he expected to get away with. Or it might be something legit that he was allowed to have.

The president was writing because they were not impeded from taking notes during the debate. They could not bring any props or helps to the podium.

"props, notes, charts, diagrams or other writings or other tangible things," but they have unfettered flexibility when it comes to taking
notes."
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/9760312.htm?1c

wikunit wrote:
D -

I saw the video. I saw him pull something out of his pocket and start writing, I also saw Bush writing something, Bush was also writing something. Kerry also pulls this out infront of everyone and no one says anything. I really doubt any rules were broken because he pulled it infront of everyone and no one said anything, he didn't hide it or sneak it. He just did it without thinking about it. It is suspicious but there is no solid evidence that he cheated or did anything wrong, no more then there is for the Bush argument, and no less. This seems more hopefull and wishfull thinking then anything else, I'm not the first one to say this in this thread.

Kathy Kay - Agreed!
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that everyone can calm down, inspite of the 'trolls'. It would be a shame for this thread to be closed. I am disabled and watch a lot of tv. I noticed Kerry's 'deed' after watching that same intro on Fox about a gazillion times;) and came here to disclose what I saw and ask questions. If it weren't for many people sending information to the bloggers and media, it probably would continue to go un-noticed.

Since I started this thread, I have noticed many of the republican pundits question each other about why Bush seemed so distracted, distant, indignant and angry. I have speculated that Kerry's deed may have been seen by Bush and that may explain Bush's behavior. It's IS pure speculation on my part, I know. If I've broken a rule, I apologize, please advise if needed.

Thank you
Kimberly

(Admin note - you didn't break any rules and you're cool. We now return you to your regularly scheduled investigation. Wink EJ)
oasis
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Here is how I relax. Cheers..

Sometimes I like to play games so Election Games

Please donate to the.. RED CROSS

Last edited by oasis on Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endaar, it may not work till in the morning. I can't tell you how many times I've had problems on the weekends with various sites. I don't know if they get hacked, just overloaded, or what. Good luck.
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we know so far is that Kerry brought something to the podium that he removed from the right inside coat pocket with his left hand. He did this removal while his back was turned to the audience. Everything else to this point is speculation.

We know that the rules stated that nothing was to be brought to the podium, no notes, no pens, no props.

Question: What did he bring? As the answer to this question could have influenced the debate in a substantial way, it must be answered. Did he have permission to bring something from both the moderator and the Bush campaign? The moderator alone could not have given permission to bring any additional items without the agreement of the Republicans. Did the Republicans give such permission?

The obvious speculation is that he brought something in the form of a cheat sheet. If so, what was in it is irrelavent. Speculation of what it was or where it came from is only going to lead to many dead ends. The only thing that would matter, if true, is that he violated the rules; he cheated. What type of cheating matterials matters very little.

Is Kerry capable of such shameful and low class behavior? Well I guess one would have to look at his history. Everyone on this site knows the answer to that question. This entire website exists because of his shameful and low class behavior. He cheated on his medals, he cheated to get out of Viet Nam early and he cheated in his VVAW activities to name just a few. He has a long history of this cheating behavior. Cheating in a Presidential debate would not be out of charactor from his past behavior.

What he took out of his pocket must be brought to light. The American have a right to know the truth of what took place, not speculation. Will it change how the debate went? No! But it will give the American people important information as to the charactor of the men who seek to be President for the next four years. And that will have to do.
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wikunit wrote:
Defensive.

Edit; And I agree, it's wrong. But we don't know what went on behind the scenes. For all we know he asked if he could bring whatever he had and it got Ok'ed. We don't know. I'm just very skeptical about this.

If that is true, all the campaign has to do is say so. If there is a simple explanation, it's a done deal. Apparently there is no explanation because they are just saying Republicans are liars. Standard fare when the dems get caught at something. Their real problem now is the fact that this is on tape and being spread around at the speed of bloglight.
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB Stacker wrote:
What we know so far is that Kerry brought something to the podium that he removed from the right inside coat pocket with his left hand. He did this removal while his back was turned to the audience. Everything else to this point is speculation.

We know that the rules stated that nothing was to be brought to the podium, no notes, no pens, no props.

Question: What did he bring? As the answer to this question could have influenced the debate in a substantial way, it must be answered. Did he have permission to bring something from both the moderator and the Bush campaign? The moderator alone could not have given permission to bring any additional items without the agreement of the Republicans. Did the Republicans give such permission?

The obvious speculation is that he brought something in the form of a cheat sheet. If so, what was in it is irrelavent. Speculation of what it was or where it came from is only going to lead to many dead ends. The only thing that would matter, if true, is that he violated the rules; he cheated. What type of cheating matterials matters very little.

Is Kerry capable of such shameful and low class behavior? Well I guess one would have to look at his history. Everyone on this site knows the answer to that question. This entire website exists because of his shameful and low class behavior. He cheated on his medals, he cheated to get out of Viet Nam early and he cheated in his VVAW activities to name just a few. He has a long history of this cheating behavior. Cheating in a Presidential debate would not be out of charactor from his past behavior.

What he took out of his pocket must be brought to light. The American have a right to know the truth of what took place, not speculation. Will it change how the debate went? No! But it will give the American people important information as to the charactor of the men who seek to be President for the next four years. And that will have to do.

Thanks for putting it all into perspective! Though the debates are over, do you think that if Kerry's deed is in fact revealed as 'cheating', will the polls and swing voters be affected by the news.

Kimberly
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimberly, I would think so. It depends on how well the information is put out. The fact is there is no way to repeat the audience of the first debate. And the Dems are spin-masters extroadinare. Still, enough media time could make a difference if it is done quickly. The longer it takes to get the info out the less effect it will have.
tford60
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: What did kerry take out of his pocket? Reply with quote

Wharever it was, is illegal! The lad will not stop, an Mad d neither will the democrats, and jim lehrer! Why bother watching that lying waste of human skin? You know, whatever he does wont pass the smell test!

"kerrius stinlimus maximus"

Tom
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next thing we are going to hear is that he did have permission from Lehrer or someone else.
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been away all day. When I left this morning this thread had 6 pages -- now it has 12! AND the topic is on DRUDGE! Way to go, guys and gals!!!

Going back to p. 6 now to read through all the posts.
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:
The next thing we are going to hear is that he did have permission from Lehrer or someone else.

I would submit that Lehrer does not have the authority to give permission for Kerry to bring anything. The Kerry and Bush campaigns worked out the agreement. Could Lehrer give Bush permission to bring some prop without the knowledge and agreement of the Kerry camp? I think not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 12 of 32

Jump to: