SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's Defeat More Critical Than Ever

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theresa
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Kerry's Defeat More Critical Than Ever Reply with quote

Since the debate last week, it has become increasingly critical for the Swiftvets to step up their ad campaign. Unfortunately, for now, people fell hook, line, and sinker for the blather Kerry spoke during the debate. This election is not about Bush's winning; that is important, but more importantly is the danger, the absolute danger to this country if Kerry wins. Just listen to what he said about getting permission from the global community before making a decision regarding America's security. How much more clear does he have to be? I am convinced that we will be placed in serious danger of being attacked again if Kerry is elected. A good debater does not a president make, especially during a war.

Please, Swiftvets, keep up your ad campaign.

Theresa

note: Topic amended
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Bush's Success Reply with quote

"A good debater does not a president make,especially during a war".
Unfortunately thats what the American People saw and it gave him (Kerry) a boost in the polls. 30 days to go and anything can happen. The message that Kerry is unfit to be CIC needs to keep getting out to the undecided voters since they will decide this election.

RHV
theresa
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all polls show Bush trailing Kerry after the debate. Rasmussen did a Thursday, Friday, Saturday poll (2/3 of the people polled after the debate), and it showed Bush in the lead by 4 points. Gallup also shows Bush in the lead after the debate.

Theresa
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weekend polls are generally skewed towards the Democrats for some reason I cannot recall.

If the MSM can be pesuaded to actually analyze what Kerry said, instead of how he looked saying it, Bush comes out ahead factually and substantively.

If nothing else, the "global sniff test" should make any American worth his or her salt very wary of Kerry.

I do believe it is imperative that the President not let Kerry get away with any of his predicable lies on this week's debate. I am not to worried that Cheney won't be able to hand Edwards his head in their debate.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: debate Reply with quote

RNC need to get all their people out there talking about what kerry said, because I feel the american public did not get it all they saw, was a preppie who looked manicured and well dressed, so sad I really beleive that the swifties and pow's should be at the next debate, could ask kerry to respond to their, staements, and watch how quick he will lose it.what he said at the debate is a receipe for disaster, if he is challenged at the debate think of coverage that would get better than an ad
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also have to consider the source of the poll that showed
Kerry up by two points - Newsweek. The internals in that poll
were not as good for Kerry. They showed that Bush still leads
in the categories of leadership, fighting the war on terror, and
handling the war in Iraq.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I'm still kinda miffed that Bush didn't solidly put Kerry away. The Kerry supporters have been invigorated by his strong debating skills, and are just killing us on the discussion boards on it. Praying for him and Cheney this week, everyone else might consider saying a small prayer for them both! Smile

The NewsWeak information:

Liberal Media Cognitive Dissonance: The NewsWeak "Poll"
Back on September 11th (good time for a political poll, huh?), NewsWeak belched out a set of data that was based on the following partisan breakdown:
R = 39 percent
D = 30 percent
I = 27 percent
Not stated = 4 percent

Earlier today, however, NewsWeak predictably began the last-ditch media push to try and take down President Bush and to replace him with John Kerry. Part of that process, of course, is and will be a psy-ops campaign to encourage liberal college students actually to vote and to suppress turnout amongst nervous, fickle conservatives. "Polling data" allegedly showing Kerry "closing the gap" or "catching Bush" will be part and parcel of that campaign.

Here's the partisan breakdown for today's "poll" by NewsWeak:

R = 34 percent
D = 36 percent
I = 27 percent
Not stated = 3 percent

In other words, they decreased Republican sampling by 5 percentage points and increased Democratic sampling by 6 full percentage points. Furthermore, this "poll" strictly was limited to the "Pacific and Mountain time zones." In other words, registered voters from the following states completely were excluded: Texas, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Louisiana, Arkansas, Kentucky, Indiana, and the entire old south.

"Stupid is as stupid does"
-- Forrest Gump

http://politicalvicesquad.blogspot.com/2004/10/liberal-media-cognitive-dissonance.html
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiveMeFreedom wrote:
I agree. I'm still kinda miffed that Bush didn't solidly put Kerry away. The Kerry supporters have been invigorated by his strong debating skills, and are just killing us on the discussion boards on it. Praying for him and Cheney this week, everyone else might consider saying a small prayer for them both! Smile

It's looking more and more like Mr Kerry's "debating skills" may have been aided by crib sheets, pulled out with a sickening smile on his face.

-- FDL
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I don't think that too many people fell for Kerry line of fluff, at all.

People are saying that he looked more polished, spoke more fluently.

But, what did he say?

They're reading what he said and they're getting disgusted.

Contradicted himself, advocated uni-lateral talks with Korea, the provision of nuclear materials to Iran, lied, lied, lied like a run on several points and made some clearly unfounded allegations about the war on terror.

People have also caught on to the fact that the questioning was unbalanced.

That George Stephanopoulos called Lehrer "our moderator" in regards to the 2000 debates, and it's sinking in that nothing has changed since then, except the Democratic candidate.

I can't buy all the gloom and doom over the debates - the impression was created before they ever began that Bush failed and Kerry was the winner - the DNC had their email campaign started before the debates had even begun.

The impression created in the DNC headquarters was merely parroted by its lapdog, the press. The real story isn't nearly as gloomy or upsetting as it appeared at first glance.

We're going to defeat Traitor John - the question is, "by how much?"

That's up to voters - we have to be rock-solid, hard-headed, nothing-will-keep-me-from-voting DETERMINED! :)

Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Personally, I don't think that too many people fell for Kerry line of fluff, at all.

People are saying that he looked more polished, spoke more fluently.

But, what did he say?

They're reading what he said and they're getting disgusted.

Contradicted himself, advocated uni-lateral talks with Korea, the provision of nuclear materials to Iran, lied, lied, lied like a run on several points and made some clearly unfounded allegations about the war on terror.

People have also caught on to the fact that the questioning was unbalanced.

That George Stephanopoulos called Lehrer "our moderator" in regards to the 2000 debates, and it's sinking in that nothing has changed since then, except the Democratic candidate.

I can't buy all the gloom and doom over the debates - the impression was created before they ever began that Bush failed and Kerry was the winner - the DNC had their email campaign started before the debates had even begun.

The impression created in the DNC headquarters was merely parroted by its lapdog, the press. The real story isn't nearly as gloomy or upsetting as it appeared at first glance.

We're going to defeat Traitor John - the question is, "by how much?"

That's up to voters - we have to be rock-solid, hard-headed, nothing-will-keep-me-from-voting DETERMINED! Smile

My sentiments exactly. For those worried about Kerry winning because of the debates, take a look at the realclearpolitics.com polls. Especially the electoral count.....they have BUSH 291 and a##wipe 200.

Yes Kerry had more style than Bush, but he didn't win the debate. That is just lefty media spin. Like Navy 3 said, don't fall for it.

Zell Miller
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Polls Reply with quote

To Chuck54, we need to be careful about the state polls on "realclearpolitics.com". They were all done before the debate, and post-debate polls might show Kerry picking up some states.

I'm very surprised that Bush and his campaign didn't jump all over Kerry's proposal to "provide nuclear fuel" to Iran.

It sounds so crazy and suicidal--arming the enemy! If the Bush campaign doesn't attack this, shouldn't SBVT or other pro-Bush military groups?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish the MSM would get off looking at all the style and fluff and take a good look at the substance. Kerry had no substance and that is going to be his downfall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: