SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GOOD IDEAS FOR RNC TO RUN
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: GOOD IDEAS FOR RNC TO RUN Reply with quote

Any good ideas for a new commercial for RNC or the Republican 527? I think they should hit the draft issue on the head and kill that misguided notion. Also feel they should show Kerry waffling on coalition for Iraq and bilateral negotians for N. Korea, then maybe hit the idea Kerry espoused and Edwards earlier endorsed of giving the mullahs nuclear fuel. They could certainly use excerpts of Zell Miller's speech on Kerry's defense shortcomings and Tommy Franks killing the idea of dividing resources from the hunt for OBL. Any other ideas? I have been writing the Bush campaign begging for this.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there's a 527 "Cowboys for Bush", but there should be. They could show up at rallies in a pickup with some hay bales in the back, and cook up some chili for the crowd. They'd have a sign on the side that says:

NO Slogans--- Cowboys are Men of few words
NO Marching---Cowboys ride
NO Protest signs---Cowboys ain't whiners
NO Kerry-------Nuff said
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm, shadowy, we have that already. We call them "High School Football 527's" and you will find that exact thing happening in every high school parking lot and stadium across Texas, every Friday night in the fall.

I would dearly love for the football fool from Mass to come to one of our high school football games and speak to the local crowd. Even the Secret Service, good as they are, wouldn't be able to get Kerry out with his hide intact.

Very Happy
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I'd like to come over and see that. JF'nK isn't likely to be showing his orange self in Texas, though, is he? Send 'em to Lambert field, where Kerry's known to be a regular.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, though--I think the RNC could make some hay out of the Polish president's remarks about Kerry dissing his country and their soldiers. Lots of Polish Americans want to know. Also the response from Iran to his offer to provide them with nuke fuel--believe it or not, the mullah's don't trust Kerry to keep his word.
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowy <snicker>

Lambert Field. So, what are the latest poll numbers out of Wisconsin?

Naw, we can't hope for JfK to come to Texas. Well, wait, he was at the University of Houston last spring, I know because my daughter's friends were there. It was a total flop. The kids were yelling SHUT UP, KERRY! They were not being "Texas friendly". I would have told them all they were rude, but it was Kerry, after all.

He was probably in the vicinity anyway, having a little pow wow with the Texas Democrats for Truth. <snicker>

Those Texas Dems that are so worried about getting Kerry elected to national office better worry about trying to keep more than the 3 or 4 Democrats they have in local offices here in Texas first. And they have not helped themselves with their perceived involvement in Memogate.

You know, Bush was very popular here. Even Democrats liked him. The sane ones, anyway. When he ran for President in 2000, the former Democratic Lt. Governor, Bob Bullock, endorsed his candidacy.

Seriously, how is Kerry doing in Wisconsin, home of Lambert field. Lots of Polish Americans there...

And the mullahs don't trust anybody...but even they know Kerry is unstable, and foreign leaders hate that.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Nuclear Fuel to Iran Reply with quote

I think the RNC should run an ad quoting Kerry (in the debate) as saying that Iran is developing nuclear weapons, and the quote of Kerry saying that he wants to provide nuclear fuel to Iran. Then a voice over:

"John Kerry: Fighting the war on terror by arming the enemy. Whose side are you on, Senator?"

Kerry can't deny this, because he said it on national TV before 60 million people. Maybe some people were half asleep, and Bush let this go by the boards, but replaying this over and over might get voters thinking that Kerry is downright dangerous! You Swiftees know how dangerous he is!
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Nuclear Fuel to Iran Reply with quote

Steve Z wrote:
I think the RNC should run an ad quoting Kerry (in the debate) as saying that Iran is developing nuclear weapons, and the quote of Kerry saying that he wants to provide nuclear fuel to Iran. Then a voice over:

"John Kerry: Fighting the war on terror by arming the enemy. Whose side are you on, Senator?"

Kerry can't deny this, because he said it on national TV before 60 million people. Maybe some people were half asleep, and Bush let this go by the boards, but replaying this over and over might get voters thinking that Kerry is downright dangerous! You Swiftees know how dangerous he is!

Hey I may have been asleep but I have it taped on VHS Cool
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry in Debate wrote:
Iran is moving toward nuclear weapons and the world is more dangerous.

Kerry in Debate wrote:
And Iran and Iraq are now more dangerous -- Iran and North Korea are now more dangerous.

Kerry in Debate with himself wrote:
With respect to Iran, the British, French, and Germans were the ones who initiated an effort without the United States, regrettably, to begin to try to move to curb the nuclear possibilities in Iran. I believe we could have done better.

I think the United States should have offered the opportunity to provide the nuclear fuel, test them, see whether or not they were actually looking for it for peaceful purposes. If they weren't willing to work a deal, then we could have put sanctions together. The president did nothing.

buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That debate was a classic cloud with a silver lining. If you paid attention, Kerry was throwing clunkers out left and right, just waiting to be used in an ad. Guys, please write the campaign and MoveonAmerica.org to address these issues in a commercial. I have a feeling the Iran thing and using Tommy Franks would hit paydirt!
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Ad about Nuclear Fuel to Iran Reply with quote

I've already E-mailed the Bush campaign about this--so far nothing has been done. It's amazing that the President himself and his campaign have so far let this blunder go by the boards.

Kerry has actually SAID that he will, in effect, arm a "dangerous" enemy, in front of 60 million people! Somebody has to wake up and attack him on this! Do we need to wait until Kerry gets elected, and an Iranian nuke lands on an American city?

Maybe if there are thousands of E-mails to the Bush campaign and conservative commentators, this issue might get played up, and will look like a "colossal mistake" from Kerry.

If that doesn't work, how about an SBVT ad on this subject?
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed the campaign, and called the local Bush guy. You know, it takes a little time to put together a commercial, and Bush has been out there talking about what Kerry said Thursday. There are lots of articles and editorials in the press and discussion on the airwaves about Kerry's BIG THREE goofs, so it is not like nothing is happening. (I know, I know, I want him to choke on what he said, too. It's maddening, ain't it?)

BIG THREE
1) Internationalize US defense. (I would like to see a commercial showing a platoon of Marines being told they must put on blue UN berets)
2) Arm Iran with nuclear fuel to "see if they really are going to use it for energy" Kerry wants to give Iran the capability to blow up half the world so we can show good faith with the hostage taking, terrorist funding mullahs of Iran. (I would like to see an ad with a Clint Eastwood character ending the commercial with, "You feeling lucky, America?"
3) Acquiesing to N. Korea's demands for bilateral talks. (Kerry caves to N. Korea--and he isn't even the president, yet. Who will he be caving to after he moves into the Oval Office...and can your family afford to find out? With footage of 9/11 being played during voice over.)

It's time to get down and dirty with these @$$wipes. No more Mr. Nice Guy; we have too much at stake. Bush and the RNC owe it to us to come out swinging a 100 pound bat, straight at their heads. Remember Bush Sr.'s ad about Dukakis paroling murderers? It was down and dirty--and it worked.

I'll repent later for saying this stuff. Right now I just want us to win this dammed thing. Twisted Evil
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
I emailed the campaign, and called the local Bush guy. You know, it takes a little time to put together a commercial, and Bush has been out there talking about what Kerry said Thursday. There are lots of articles and editorials in the press and discussion on the airwaves about Kerry's BIG THREE goofs, so it is not like nothing is happening. (I know, I know, I want him to choke on what he said, too. It's maddening, ain't it?)

BIG THREE
1) Internationalize US defense. (I would like to see a commercial showing a platoon of Marines being told they must put on blue UN berets)
2) Arm Iran with nuclear fuel to "see if they really are going to use it for energy" Kerry wants to give Iran the capability to blow up half the world so we can show good faith with the hostage taking, terrorist funding mullahs of Iran. (I would like to see an ad with a Clint Eastwood character ending the commercial with, "You feeling lucky, America?"
3) Acquiesing to N. Korea's demands for bilateral talks. (Kerry caves to N. Korea--and he isn't even the president, yet. Who will he be caving to after he moves into the Oval Office...and can your family afford to find out? With footage of 9/11 being played during voice over.)

It's time to get down and dirty with these @$$wipes. No more Mr. Nice Guy; we have too much at stake. Bush and the RNC owe it to us to come out swinging a 100 pound bat, straight at their heads. Remember Bush Sr.'s ad about Dukakis paroling murderers? It was down and dirty--and it worked.

I'll repent later for saying this stuff. Right now I just want us to win this dammed thing. Twisted Evil

AMEN SISTAH! Preach it. The Bush camp needs to take off the kid gloves and play rough. We know when that happens the MSM is gonna attack and say we're mean spirited yada yada, but so freakin what? We're not gonna get a fair shake from the MSM no matter what so let's play hardball. We've got the goods on Kerry, let's use em. Maybe that's part of the "October surprise"......get down and dirty time. yathink?
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to George Dubya Bush: Act like the Texan you are, and not the gentlemanly New Englander you were raised by. Remember the Alamo and punish the "victor" for his cheating victory.

I would pay a LOT of $$$$ to get into that debate hall Friday. Twisted Evil
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and we know that if Kimmymac got in, she would be as close to the front as possible and raising alot of ruckus Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: