SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steve Gardner Interview 10/2 - WEZS - Archive!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Steve Gardner Interview 10/2 - WEZS - Archive! Reply with quote

Steve Gardner appeared on "The Advocates" radio program with Niel Young on WEZS, New Hampshire. Program streamed from 8-10AM EDT and is now archived for replay.

Thanks to Niel Young and WEZS!

http://www.wezs.com/advocates.shtml
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope everyone gets a chance to hear this one before the station removes it from their archives.

The gloves are off.

My respect for these Swiftee dudes grows by the day.
no_1_momlandj
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!! Very powerful!!
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
I hope everyone gets a chance to hear this one before the station removes it from their archives.

The gloves are off.

Nope Not gonna get lost from the archive Navy3 Very Happy
I successfully downloaded this and have it as a playable file for windows media player.

You can download it from this link Steve Gardner

Just right click and save as Wink
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thank you, az! That's great!

Would you add this link to the Swifts' Audio/Video thread in the R&R forum?
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, I just listened to steve! that was great ... maybe he'll come out here. az - I'm gonna call our local VFW on Monday and see if they'll call him to speak here. I'll have to figure out how to 'save' that clip.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
igor
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

The gloves are off.

The gloves are truely off.

from WaPo - http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A2975-2004Oct2?language=printer
Quote:
"Don't you remember, Bill? That was Latch, that was Roy Hoffmann," replied McCall.
"You mean the guy who's criticizing Kerry for war crimes is the only one who ordered me to commit one?" Means said.
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to the interview with Steve Gardner late last night and was very moved by it. Moved to do something! He says there will be one Swift Boat Vet and one POW for each state, on a speaking tour during the next 30 days and they are willing to speak to any group that will invite them.

I would like to help this effort. But I need pointing in the right direction: What kinds of groups should I contact? VFW? Other Veterans' Groups? Anybody else? The media? And what information can I give them in asking them to have a Swift Vet and POW come and talk to their group? And then, if they are interested, how do I put them in touch with the Swift Boat Vet and POW for my state?
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - excellent interview!!

I haven't seen it claimed before that John Kerry had a DIShonorable discharge - which was changed by Bill Clinton. Any proof? Did we discuss this on a different thread? Why would he have had a dishonorable?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJB wrote:
Wow - excellent interview!!

I haven't seen it claimed before that John Kerry had a DIShonorable discharge - which was changed by Bill Clinton. Any proof? Did we discuss this on a different thread? Why would he have had a dishonorable?

If he said that, Steve may be in error on that point. I believe Kerry has a DD214 showing an honorable discharge in '78. Looking for it now.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
claimed before that John Kerry had a DIShonorable discharge

yup, Steve said it.

Theories on the freeper site, as to why Kerry wont sign the 180
are that there may have been a recommendation in his file for
dishonorable.

If so, imagine it had to be about the Paris meetings
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually he said something very close to, "Did you know that it's possible that John Kerry probably had a dishonorable discharge in his record?"

The host asked, "Well, how would you go about changing that?"

And Steve said, with a laugh - "Well, you'd probably have to ask Clinton"

There is so much speculation partly because of some of the documentation which has appeared and then disappeared from Kerry's own site, and because Kerry has refused to sign the form 180 and allow an independent examination of his records.

But speculation is also rife because there are ways of getting copies of things in Washington, DC if you have the right connections.

People NOT associated with Swifts were the first to put out these murmurings of a less-than-honorable discharge and to speculate as to the "why's" - but it may be that these people have passed along their information to the folks most likely to be able to get their story out. So far, only Swifts has had the kind of impact that any other grassroots movement was aiming for.

I'm speculating, here, myself. I don't know any more than anyone else and I learned a long time ago not to believe everything that I read on the internet. The tin foil hat crowd is particularly drawn to all these pixels. (Usually in lime green and tomato red text on a black background with hideous midi background music. Wink )

But, when the same allegations are coming from so many different directions, it's hard not to wonder if maybe there's fire behind all the smoke.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Actually he said something very close to, "Did you know that it's possible that John Kerry probably had a dishonorable discharge in his record?"

The host asked, "Well, how would you go about changing that?"

And Steve said, with a laugh - "Well, you'd probably have to ask Clinton"

There is so much speculation partly because of some of the documentation which has appeared and then disappeared from Kerry's own site, and because Kerry has refused to sign the form 180 and allow an independent examination of his records.

But speculation is also rife because there are ways of getting copies of things in Washington, DC if you have the right connections.
But, when the same allegations are coming from so many different directions, it's hard not to wonder if maybe there's fire behind all the smoke.

Great points! I'm glad to get the clarification from y'all - I've been tracking things pretty closely here, so hoped I hadn't missed anything.

And, yes - there are many ways to get things in the government...

There's a regulation for everything - and a waiver for every circumstance....

The SOP (standard operating procedure) when I was in the AF - keep calling until you found the person who would read the regs in a way that was favorable to your situation. Didn't work all the time - but often enough to keep people calling!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: