SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NJ Teacher may lose job - displays photo of Bush
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: NJ Teacher may lose job - displays photo of Bush Reply with quote

This will make your blood boil. Teacher stook a stand and wouldn't remove photo of President Bush after parents COMPLAINED.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/WABC_100304_middleschoolteacher.html

Middle School Teacher In Trouble Over Presidential Photo?

By Ken Rosato
(Monmouth Junction-WABC, October 3, 2004) — You might say it is a symbol of the Great American Divide, a teacher putting up a picture of President Bush in the classroom. Some say it is partisanship while others say it is patriotism.

Rita Bianco, Parent: "Children should know their president and their first lady!"

Parents expressing outrage after a teacher is kicked out of her public school for hanging a picture of President Bush next to pictures of other presidents in her classroom.

Still Images from the Story: http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/features/wabc_100403_bush_slides/wabc_100304_picture1.html

Shiba Pillai-Diaz, Teacher: "It happened on a small bulletin board near the American flag and also with a poster of the Declaration of Independence."

This is Crossroads South Middle School in Monmouth Junction, New Jersey. On Thursday, there was a back-to-school night for parents of students. Veteran English teacher Shiba Pillai-Diaz says she was shocked when three parents confronted her. The three, insisting the teacher either add John Kerry's photo to the montage of presidents or remove the Bush photo. When Pillai-Diaz refused, she says the school's vice-principal threatened her job which is an act that has parents here fuming.

Photo Trouble For "NJ" TeacherVideo: See the Story
Paula Sjolund, Parent: "She didn't do anything wrong, and I think that it should have stayed up there."

Pillai-Diaz ultimately removed the entire bulletin board and says School Principal Jim Warfel told her she disrupted the school with her "inflammatory politics". She says he then ordered her out of the building. While she says she is a Bush supporter in her personal life, Pillai-Diaz says she keeps politics out of the classroom.

Shiba Pillai-Diaz, Teacher: "There was no political intent, nor was there any political content in that photograph nor on the bulletin board."

School officials would not talk on camera but insist nobody here has been fired. To that, Ms. Pillai-Diaz asks what does it mean then when your boss asks you to hand over the keys and kicks you out of the building? She also says she is not sure if she'll be returning to school tomorrow.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Principal Jim Warfel needs to go.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>School Principal Jim Warfel told her she disrupted the school with her "inflammatory politics".<<

Classic totalitarian comments.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

board of education phone # Mod Edit: Do not post peoples phone numbers here on this Forum!

maybe paste it and email out with story to all on email lists.

Last edited by Guest on Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powsnmias wrote:
board of education phone # Deleted by Moderator

maybe paste it and email out with story to all on email lists.

I was hoping you'd say that!!!! I am doing it -please please let's help this issue. NJ is a swing state!
When a teacher can't display a picture of the President of the United States in her classroom, then all hope for us is lost... Those wackos actually wanted her to put Kerry's picture up there, along with all the past Presidents. They've been drinking too much wacky kool-aid.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would be great move if GW showed up at the school and announced "since they won't put up my photo i'll give you the real thing"

Last edited by Guest on Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a great idea! Now if we can just figure out how to get the idea in front of the right eyes.
oasis
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Here is the kicker.

Quote:
The three, insisting the teacher either add John Kerry's photo to the montage of presidents or remove the Bush photo.

Video News Teacher in trouble displaying president's picture

I would fire the principle.

Please donate to the.. RED CROSS

Last edited by oasis on Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This story was just posted on Drudge - maybe with the extra attention this will all be put to a stop. Of course shipping the 'Principal' off to Cuba would be great ,but wishful... Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just told the woman on phone to get ready for onslaught of calls, told her i put wrong number up and would correct it on the web but may be too late.
she said didn't matter now that phone ringing off hook. original number was the board of education's number for monmouth junction just a different extension maybe

Last edited by Guest on Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mess with us! I called too. The phone just rang and rang..... Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing
JCBoston
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL....We are fueling Rush's show today. He's reporting on this now.
MSeeger
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least I'm glad to see that she has an attorney. GW Bush is the 43rd president of the US. His picture was up there with all the other presidents, so it was legitimate.

It's bad enough that those 3 parents were ignorant, but to think that the school administration would be a party to such ignorance is disgusting! Clearly, President Bush's picture was a part of a larger display, and John Kerry would have *no* place in such a display.

I sincerely hope her teacher's union gets involved with this on the teacher's behalf. If not, they may be minus one teacher in New Jersey...

And people wonder why there is such a shortage of teachers in this country? Well, look no further than school district policies.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powsnmias wrote:
i just told the woman on phone to get ready for onslaught of calls, told her i put wrong number up and would correct it on the web but may be too late.
she said didn't matter now that phone ringing off hook.
bahahahaahahaha

MOD NOTE:There will be no more posting of Phone numbers on this Forum! You get it wrong and some poor, unsuspecting person gets hammered. Please do not do this again.
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievable. Most teachers are brainwashing kids with liberal propaganda EVERY day, and now they can't even hang up a picture of our 43rd president. Unbelievable... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: