SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rather again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Rather again Reply with quote

Dan Rather: White House out to 'Smear' Me

Disgraced CBS newsman Dan Rather accused the White House on Saturday of trying to "smear" him after he used forged documents in a bid to discredit President Bush's National Guard record.

Speaking at a media forum in New York City, Rather insisted, "I don't have a political agenda."
"I'm an independent journalist," he claimed, in quotes picked up by the Washington Post.

Rather pledged that he wouldn't give in to his critics, who he said were themselves guilty of "bias."

The embattled newsman denied reports that he would step down as anchor of the "CBS Evening News" anytime soon, vowing to "not to give up the fight" to clear his name.

"NBC Nightly News" anchorman Tom Brokaw, a fellow panelist, offered supportive words for his colleague and attacked Rather's critics on the Internet for waging "a kind of political jihad against Dan Rather and CBS News that is quite outrageous."

"When it comes to fraudulence, forgeries and claims that cannot be supported, that's where you see an enormous harm being done to the country," he complained.

Brokaw singled out the Media Research Center's L. Brent Bozell, who the network newsman said was "doing as much damage as he can, and I choose that word carefully, to the credibility of the news divisions."

Also on hand to defend Rather was "ABC World News Tonight" anchorman Peter Jennings, who explained why anchormen like his CBS colleague sometimes seemed to take the side of the enemy in their news coverage.

"[It's] not a natural instinct for those of us in the establishment media to cheer the country on," Jennings said.

from newsmax

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how Jennings would have handled it? I think ABC would not have covered such a story. Not that I think highly of Jennings, but he is too egotistical to take a chance ruining his so called credibility.

The establishment media as he calls it all stink, with the exception of perhaps Fox News, but lately I am wondering about them too. Sad
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just goes to show "theres no cry-baby like an old cry-baby!"
Sir Hillary was the same way.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://danrathermustgo.com/
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing Mr Blather is it is not the White house that is out to get you. It is your 'ex' viewers who you insulted by thinking you were way to smart and could fake a story and get away with it. I am not a pajama blogger, as I prefer boxer shorts and an old t-shirt. You have been caught.
Second, you are not an independent honest newsreporter. You are a patsy of the Kerry campaign actively using your position in an attempted overthrow of the honest election system. In any other country it would be called a coup and you would most likely be put to death in a not so nice manner. I think we should take a lesson from them. I do not consider you as a fellow american, but as a terrorist working within our country to destroy the fairness of the American way. I say this as a veteran (yes I made it through boot camp, unlike you) who beleives you are as dangerous to this country, if not more, than the warriors who attacked us on 911. They were at least men willing to say what they beleived and take action, rather than trying to hide behind the skirts of a 86 yr old secretary, who you coerced and bribed into a fake interview.
Please for once in your life stand up, be a man, tell the world you are wrong, tell them you are a liar, tell them you are a fake. We all know these things already, but we want to hear it from your mouth. Then get the f*** out of our country and never come back. You are not wanted and definitely not an American.
gerson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is UNBELIEVABLE! Can someone post email addresses again for these three idiots? However, the best thing would be to set up a website -- a Big Web site -- where Dan, Tom and Pete can go read the messages we write them. Seriously. There ought to be some place where thousands of messages from thousands of people can be permanently gathered in one place to show these idiots and their bosses that a sizeable portion of the public is not only on to them, but we are mad as hell and we're not going to take it any more.
tmpusfugit
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not certain a website for these 3 idiots would do any good. Can they even read? Given, they most likely can read, would they? Not unless it was loving notes from their supports...certainly would not read anything from most of us....
gerson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just for these three, but for the public to address any individual member of the MSM. The problem is, we write letters and as anyone can see looking around just this forum alone, they are mostly very trenchant pieces. But there is no reason for the big columnist or anchorman to read or pay attention to them. We're all constantly (it seems!) wondering how we can get the attention of BOR or Hannity or whoever... Whereas, if our letters to these large public figures were posted in a public place, and there were a large accumulating mass of them that anyone could go and read, I think that would have a big effect in equalizing things. Just think how totally shielded these people have been from attack all these years. The bloggers and swiftboaters are scaring them, but the shots are still scattered and relatively unorganized. But suppose the public attacks were organized. Suppose there were a site where you could go write about Dan's latest lapse of judgment and journalist integrity. Your letter wouldn't be flushed into an unread black hole, but everyone could read the very astute things you have to say. And suppose it was not just you writing, but thousands of people. Suppose everyone knew this was the place to post and see public reaction to some particular piece of journalism. I really do think an organized site like this could have a big effect on getting the media to clean up its act. We need to do SOMETHING so that these very well-reasoned letters we see in so many places on the internet can start having the impact they ought to have.
I realize this idea has some bugs in it, but it's a start...

As Sundance said, "You jus' keep thinking, Butch."
"Think you used enough dynamite, Butch?"
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Tijuana Doesn't Have That Much BRASS!! Jennings??? Reply with quote

Arrow Peter Jennings JUST recently obtained AMERICAN CITIZENSHIP!!!!
Question Why would he care about us any more than KERRY??
Exclamation He is CANADIAN through and through!

By the way,
Kerry's speech/debate/articles at Yale for that Society that he founded AND the commencement
were CRITICAL OF US FOREIGN POLICY.

He went to Vietnam with an AGENDA.

Dan Blather has managed to leave and equally damning trail of BIAS!!!

Idea TO EVERYONE
-No matter what! Ask everyone that you know if they are registered to vote!
-If they ARE, ask them if they are GOING TO VOTE
-Ask if they HAVE A RIDE TO THE POLLS!
-If they DO NOT help everyone with a ride

Please everyone. We can do this.

Trust me, my sister lives in a county where they have more voters than they do residents!!
We are the little engine that could and would and will.

Make it a great day.
Mary Ann Parker
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same old stuff---Can dish it out but you can't take it!
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Message to Kerry Reply with quote

It has been reported that what Kerry took out of his pocket at the debate was a message from Dan Blather that was written on a 3X5 card that simply said "Courage".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: