SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Breaking:Saddam had WMD's and extensive contact w/terrorist
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Breaking:Saddam had WMD's and extensive contact w/terrorist Reply with quote

http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewSpecialReports.asp?Page=\SpecialReports\archive\200410\SPE20041004a.html

Exclusive: Saddam Possessed WMD, Had Extensive Terror Ties
By Scott Wheeler
CNSNews.com Staff Writer
October 04, 2004

EXCERPT

(CNSNews.com) - Iraqi intelligence documents, confiscated by U.S. forces and obtained by CNSNews.com, show numerous efforts by Saddam Hussein's regime to work with some of the world's most notorious terror organizations, including al Qaeda, to target Americans. They demonstrate that Saddam's government possessed mustard gas and anthrax, both considered weapons of mass destruction, in the summer of 2000, during the period in which United Nations weapons inspectors were not present in Iraq. And the papers show that Iraq trained dozens of terrorists inside its borders.

One of the Iraqi memos contains an order from Saddam for his intelligence service to support terrorist attacks against Americans in Somalia. The memo was written nine months before U.S. Army Rangers were ambushed in Mogadishu by forces loyal to a warlord with alleged ties to al Qaeda.

Other memos provide a list of terrorist groups with whom Iraq had relationships and considered available for terror operations against the United States.
Among the organizations mentioned are those affiliated with Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and Ayman al-Zawahiri, two of the world's most wanted terrorists. Zarqawi is believed responsible for the kidnapping and beheading of several American civilians in Iraq and claimed responsibility for a series of deadly bombings in Iraq Sept. 30. Al-Zawahiri is the top lieutenant of al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden, allegedly helped plan the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist strikes on the U.S., and is believed to be the voice on an audio tape broadcast by Al-Jazeera television Oct. 1, calling for attacks on U.S. and British interests everywhere.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. May I introduce you to the first salvo in the war that will become The October Surprise?

Have a great month, everyone! Very Happy
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for the squealing to begin. The Dems will howl like their butt is on fire. Wanna bet they say these documents are "planted" or "phoney" or "doctored" blah blah blah.

They really don't want to know the truth and the certainly don't want the American people to know the truth. The only way they can get elected is by lying and hypocrisy. God, how can ANYONE stand to be a Democrat. I'd have to get deloused after going to a rally.

This is great news. Now lets see if ANY of the MSM print this. Wonder if Dan Blather will report? Rolling Eyes
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Nice find. I sent it in to Drudge. Hope the MSM picks it up.

Stolen Honor
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said on the October Surprise thread I emailed this everywhere and I mean everwhere with the question Are you going visit CNS? The squeaky wheel gets the grease. We need some reporters and experts to get on down there. This one is a good one to add to our prayer request.
Good to see it on NR on Kerry spot. Already sent to them. Get out email list and SEND SEND SEND
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powerlineblog has it up on their site, they were one of the three that really broke Rathergate

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
JCBoston
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear god , please let these be genuine.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mainstream media won't pick it up until the background noise is so deafening that they can't ignore it any longer.

I hope this reporters source is extremely reliable.

The stuff will hit the fan if this story pans out.

Where's Dan Rather when you need him? Wink
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pin the 28 dead in Somolia on Saddam and there goes Kerry's "we were attacked by OBL not Saddam" --- there goes the no terrorists in Iraq

This proves that Iraq was exporting terror and would continue to do so.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why Drudge hasn't posted this yet? Anyone email Rush?
Whacker77
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the story and have all along believed that Bush hasn't done enough to move the story forward. It's obvious that Saddam had WMD's and ties with terrorists. For all the beliefs that Bush and Rove are politcal masters, they are very poor on the communications front.

Despite this story, I guarantee this it won't make it any farther than websites like this. I know it's a gloom and doom outlook, but the media will only report this story if there's a big tub marked WMD or a picture with Saddam and bin Laden holding hands.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush s breaking the Saddam WMD story now
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They say the docs can't be authenticated...Maybe Rather will run with it... Very Happy

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNS were the ones that broke the Rathergate saga. I cannot wait til it hits the MSM news and I am now waiting for Fox to carry it. This is just the begining! Very Happy
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrushKerry.com has picked it up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: