SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voter Registration Fraud In Central Ohio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Voter Registration Fraud In Central Ohio Reply with quote

I live in the NW Quadrant of Franklin County In Central Ohio. Within a mile is Delaware & Union County....Drudge on the radio is reporting some disturbing news.

In Franklin County, the census has 815,000 people over the age of 18. The latest reports have 817,000 people registered to vote.

In Delaware County, the 2003 census was 95,348 and the registered number of voters is 96,509. This county is growing very rapidly, so the census numbers are sure to have been increased, but this is ridiculous.
http://www.columbusdispatch.com/election/election-local.php?story=dispatch/2004/10/01/20041001-D1-00.html

To make matters even worse, Drudge's radio report says new voter registration is coming in at 8,000 per day and they are having to hire extra staffers to deal with the increase in registration. This is interesting to me because I was registered to vote in Athens County while going to school at Ohio University. Recently, I graduated, and went to my local Franklin County library to register in Franklin County. It was very simple to fill out the form, and you just placed it in an open basket with the others. There were hundreds in the stack where I placed mine, and I went at about noon! I have a very bad feeling this election is going to be even MORE disputed than in 2000. If Kerry loses, its going to be ugly with lawsuits in every state they figure they have a chance to swing the votes.

UPDATE: I just talked to my dad, and he said the reason is because the system is all screwed up, and they have not taken people out of the registration voter total that should have already been (such as people moving, dying, etc.).

Last edited by ord33 on Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just hearing Drudge talking at length about this!! What is going on here?? How come the RNC is not investigating this??

I am very disturbed about this, and this just added to the chain of bad news...

Coupled with the double registrations in NY and Florida...

Kerry cheating his way in the debates.

THese scums will do anything to win the whitehouse!!!
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My neighborhood paper says hundreds of election judges are still needed in my city. It's something those of us who can spare a little time could do--there's no time like the present.
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had spent the past couple of hours emailing this info to various national ( sean, rush, gop, etc ) and state of Ohio news outlet. I really hope that people take this seriously because Ohio is an utmost critical state; and given how there are recent swings in the polls, it is iimperative that the cheating liberals must not get away with this!!! The state of Ohio cannot go Kerry, otherwise Bush is done!

Another number I found is the federal election commision,
1- 800-424-9530
Inspector General's email: oig@fec.gov

I am not sure how helpful the feds will be, but it's still important to get the message out.

If there is anybody in Ohio who has suggestions, please let us know as well!

I cannot express my concerns enough over this!
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter a hill of beans if in Ohio you have to show a valid form of ID before you vote. Does anyone know if Ohio requires that?
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand, you do not have to show a valid ID in order to vote in Ohio, you just have to be on the list as a registered voter. You do have to show an ID if you are casting a provisional ballot, which is another thing causing such a stir here. Our Secretary of State Blackwell (who Kerry supporters are calling for his resignation) is saying you can only cast a provisional vote if you show up at the correct precinct (makes sense) and for some reason you are omitted from the registered voter list. Well, the Kerry Campaign Manager Mary Beth Cahill went nuts over this, saying it was unfair...

Am I wrong here, but it makes sense to me you SHOULD have to show up at the correct PRECINCT in order to cast a vote. Hell, the reason they wouldnt be on the registered voter list is because they didnt show up to the correct precinct in the first place, yet the Kerry campaign is complaining about this??? Its absurd. An article link is below for details.

Quote:
Also on Thursday, Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry's campaign suggested that Blackwell is turning Ohio into the Florida of 2004.

"Instead of chads in Florida, it's provisional ballots in Ohio," said Mary Beth Cahill, Kerry campaign manager, as she urged supporters to sign an electronic petition against Blackwell.

"Don't let Secretary Blackwell get away with blocking votes and handing Ohio to George Bush," she added.

Cahill referred to Blackwell's order that provisional ballots be issued only to voters who show up at the correct polling place. Democrats sued, saying voters should have the right to obtain a provisional ballot and have it counted if they mistakenly go to the wrong precinct.

http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/news/state/9805618.htm?1c

This whole thing is ALREADY getting ugly, I cant even imagine what its going to be like in November!
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An orginization of Kerry supporters pulled a scam in Florida. They went door to door and asked people of they were registered to vote. If not, they produced the registration form and helped them fill it out if the people wanted to register. The forms have to be mailed into the county election board, and these helpful dems said that they would just mail all the forms together, talking the registrant into not mailling it themselves.

Then, according to an offiicial in the organization the canvassers simply through out any forms that had Republican checked on them. Today is the last day to register, so many Republicans will go to vote only find out they were never registered. Gov. JEB Bush is aware of this, so I expect the state will provide some way for those people to vote anyway.

Just goes to show, when a skumbag is running for office, all the scum in country rises to the top and tries to muck up the works.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Dennis Miller says -- to call these people ******** is being unfair to bags filled with scum.
OKLady
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In OK - when I bought a house, I kept getting the voter registration cards for the previous owners who had moved to TX - When I called the election board - I was told that their names would stay on the books for x number of elections. They wanted to take the names off, they just could not take my word or proof of ownership that they did not live in my house. Since then, I have voted late in the day and check the records to see if anyone signed in using their names. The past owners are now off the books. I have written my reps requesting that photo id be required.

In Lee County FL - my aunt just died before the primaries - when I called to stop the absentee ballot, they had already taken her off the books based on the published obit. I have made several follow up calls to make sure her name is still off the list and no one signed up using her address.

Conclusion = check with the county officials - I think most do want to have clean elections.

But - how can anyone complain about possible problems with elections in Afghan. and Iraq when there are such critical problems here....
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were having problems in New Mexico in August while I was there. I can't find the story I wanted, but this will do.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110005654
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dems attempting to rig elections with voter fraud is a tried and true thing. Haven't you'all ever heard of Box 23 and then candidate for Senate Lyndon B. Johnson? In I think, 1948, the election was a dead heat and then "mysteriously" this Box of votes showed up and they were all for Lyndon! LBJ goes on to "win" and the rest is history. This happened in Duvall County, Texas. The joke around town was that a certain little boy showed up every election and waited vainly outside his polling place. When asked what he was doing there, the little boy said he was waiting for his father. "But your father died in an accident before you were born" the child was told. "Yes, but he still votes straight ticket Democrat" the child responded. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Some things never change, if you can't beat'em square by winning them with your ideas and agenda, CHEAT!
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Licking County in Ohio and I know that today my sister needed me to pick up her registration in Knox County as she had broke her leg and couldn't get to the board of elections. I did and took it to her and she filled it out, then I dropped it off. The whole time we kept thinking this isn't right. How do you know whether or not she was a real person as they do not ID you when you vote. I know that people were on the street in Columbus signing people up today. Something's not right and I have been worried about it for awhile. I can see Kerry smirking right now as I know they have been working the colleges around here pretty tight. My son goes to a college in Westerville and we live by probably one of the most liberal colleges in the US, Dennison University. Kerry signs are everywhere and yet when I talk to my friends, no one seems to want Kerry. Scares me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: