SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BOR tonight on corrupt Kerry would-be allies & more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: BOR tonight on corrupt Kerry would-be allies & more. Reply with quote

I know BOR isn't a favorite around here -- he was still showing sympathy for RaTHer tonight. But, then I think he more than made up for it.

On one segment he pretty much backed Bush & Rumsfeld for moving on the intelligence they had. Then he criticized the war's aftermath, but that was just a setup: The analyst he had on did an excellent job of explaining how Turkey not allowing U.S. and British troops coming in from the north allowed most of the Baathists to escape, not to mention being about 60,000 troops short (not enough boots on the ground) in the critical period after Baghdad fell. BOR seemed rather surprised by the analysis -- I am not sure why -- it's not exactly new info. -- but it's good to see him getting the info. out.

After that, BOR got into the whole oil for food scandal -- it looks like there are new developments concerning finding corruption in high places in France, Russia, and China, related to the oil for food program. Also basically re-explained the relationships between France, Russia, and China, with Saddam, and why it is preposterous to expect they'd have ever been willing to join us in a coalition. It was even stated that the French probably assured Saddam that we would NOT invade. (The French are so arrogant that they probably thought Bush would listen to them, but I'm pretty sure Bush knew what the real score concerning these countries was.) It was not said directly, but the obvious implication was that Kerry was / is a naive fool!

Again, not all of this information is new, but it was presented extremely well and needs to be spread far and wide!!!

If you haven't seen it, try to. 2nd half of show.
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: BOR Reply with quote

I'm getting so tired on BOR.

He actually had his listeners rate him on his interview with GWB.

Now he won't give up about trying to interview Kerry. Makes it sound like he's the one person in America who must interview anyone in order for that person to have any credibility.

If he does interview the Poser, he'll just throw some Swiftvet softballs and then blow it off and tell Kerry he's on his side on this.

It's all about Billy.

Can't believe I used to respect him.

Moore and Garafulo probably like him now.
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's all about Billy.

Well, true enough. At least when Rush inflates himself, it is tongue-in-cheek. Sometimes I think BOR is 2nd only to Clinton in smugness.

Nonetheless, useful information is useful information. BOR has a sizeable audience, and last night might have been a good start in getting this knowledge out to more people. If this info. could somehow be disseminated to, say, 1/2 of likely voters, I think it'd be good for a percentage point or two. It made a big impression on my wife, and she is pretty apolitical.
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit I still watch him. As large as his ego has gotten I think that overall he's supporting Bush over Kerry as of late. Also he doesn't allow much smear on the show on either side. When he gets irritating I just change the channel or tune him out.
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also found this* (more ammo on another Kerry flip-flop) but please, can anybody help with more SPECIFICS on the Kerry would-be-allies corruption issue??

Any military people to comment on the Iraq invasion analysis?

* http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=80902#80902

===========================================================

Inside the Beltway

By John McCaslin

Kerry out attack
During a 1997 debate on CNN's "Crossfire," Sen. John Kerry, now the Democratic presidential nominee, made the case for launching a pre-emptive attack against Iraq.
So reveals Rep. Peter King, New York Republican, who appeared with Mr. Kerry on the program.
Mr. King says the U.N. Security Council had just adopted a resolution against Iraq that was watered down at the behest of the French and the Russians. Yet the candidate who now criticizes President Bush for ignoring French and Russian objections to the Iraq war blasted the two countries, claiming that they were compromised by their business dealings with Baghdad.

"We know we can't count on the French. We know we can't count on the Russians," said Mr. Kerry. "We know that Iraq is a danger to the United States, and we reserve the right to take pre-emptive action whenever we feel it's in our national interest."
While no "Crossfire" transcripts from 1997 are available, Mr. King in recent days produced a tape of the show, sharing it with New York radio host Monica Crowley for broadcast, and this Inside the Beltway column for publication. Stay tuned.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: