SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rebut Contra Costa Times letter, slanders Swift vets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhuCat to Phu Quoc
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Rebut Contra Costa Times letter, slanders Swift vets Reply with quote

Vets, Swift vets and friends, please help.

This letter slanders Swift Boat vets, and by extension my brothers, slanders all of us. In one line Swifties are called liars. Write a letter to the editor of Contra Costa Times to answer the slanderous allegations of this letter writer, see below.

I just got one letter published on Sunday - http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=90819#90819
and today the paper published this slanderous piece of crap.

Please note that Contra Costa Times supplied the title to the letter, not the letter writer.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contra Costa Times
Letters
Tuesday, October 5, 2004

Swift obfuscation

Even as the swift boat gang and their allies in the Bush campaign and the media impugn and refute 35-year-old official Navy records of John Kerry's military service, questions about the president's own military service remain curiously unanswered.

In 1972, Bush failed to take an annual physical exam required of all pilots.

For an 11-month period in 1972-73, he apparently never reported for duty in Alabama.

No one he "served with" has ever come forth to corroborate that he did, in fact, show up, much less complete his service there.

My hunch is that the erstwhile party-boy was partying during this period, and that his dad -- who'd gotten him into the "champagne unit" of the Texas Air National Guard in the first place -- smoothed things over with the military authorities.

This theory at least makes more sense than the Swifties' cockamamie notion that Lt. Kerry shot himself to earn one of his Purple Hearts.

Perhaps the media could devote as much attention to investigating that stubborn gap in Bush's military resume as they have to printing every piece of garbage the Swift ones have been dumping on Kerry.

Terri Hinte

Richmond

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Contra Costa Times
http://www.contracostatimes.com/

Letter to Editor
http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/editorial/letters/

# Press releases, send e-mail to newsrelease@cctimes.com.
# News tips, call 925-943-8227 (after 8 p.m., call 925-945-4774)

Senior Editors
John Armstrong jarmstrong@cctimes.com
Editor, vice president/news

Did Jane Fonda help the North Vietnamese communists?
http://vikingphoenix.com/politics/polls/jfondapoll-1.htm
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheeee!

That's a 180 proof Kool-Aid drinker there!

Kerry shot himself, if you count being stupid with an M-79 a couple of times and catching some shrapnel splinters from the blast. And he fragged himself the other time. Kerry wasn't good with grenades. Or grenade launchers. That's pretty much self-admitted in ToD and born out by Kerry's own accounts of the actions.

I won't address the Bush stuff, since who cares?

As to the media printing what the Swiftees say, I ask "Where?" I'd like to read that. Outside of a couple of OpEds and the Chief's article and a few letters to the editor, where is this mythical media coverage?

It's plain this nut has NOT read ToD, UFC, nor any of the official Navy records. He's just rabidly spewing the Talking Points.

I'm not sure there's any redeemtion for him.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously a beneficiary of the Chris Matthews concept of "self-inflicted wound".
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Rebut Contra Costa Times letter, slanders Swift vets Reply with quote

PhuCat to Phu Quoc wrote:
Vets, Swift vets and friends, please help.

This letter slanders Swift Boat vets, and by extension my brothers, slanders all of us. In one line Swifties are called liars. Write a letter to the editor of Contra Costa Times to answer the slanderous allegations of this letter writer, see below.

I just got one letter published on Sunday - http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=90819#90819
and today the paper published this slanderous piece of crap.

Please note that Contra Costa Times supplied the title to the letter, not the letter writer.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not a swift vet just a friend.

Did you want to respond? This is what I would respond with:

1. Bush transferred to AL. They did not have the F102 that he was trained to fly. Since he was not going to be flying anymore, he didn’t need to take the physical. 1+1=2 Shocked

2. Missing months…. He was on an undercover CIA mission (just kidding); check docs released by Pentegon. If not there, keep digging. Maybe in another 5 years, you’ll find something. Shocked

3. Several people that served with Bush have come forward, as has his Commander and the head of TANG. You have not been paying attention.
Please ask your local Kerry network to run a special on it. Shocked

4. Now, now don’t get so upset, he wasn’t trying to commit suicide! He just didn’t know how to handle big boy weapons! So, lest he kill himself and sue the Navy, he got sent home early. Shocked

5. You have imaginative hunches. Write a book. You’re sure to get a 3 part interview on ABC. Shocked

6. The media printed every piece SBVT has on kerry???? No way, they’d have to cut down more trees! They have tons more info on Kerry… but they don’t have to try and use forged documents. So far regular ‘ol military docs verified by the Navy have backed up enough to show Kerry is a liar. Shocked
be arrested, exiled or hanged.

Last edited by Stevie on Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No one he "served with" has ever come forth to corroborate that he did, in fact, show up, much less complete his service there.

Wouldn't it be odd for another serviceman to have records on the service of another? Kerry won't even release his records, but nobody writes articles in the MSM papers about that.

Kerry can claim that he went to Cambodia, and do so for 30+ years, apparently without a single witness (because it NEVER HAPPENED!) but that was never questioned until the "swift boat gang" (LOL!) came to town!

Nope, no double standard here!
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhuCat to Phu Quoc wrote:
Vets, Swift vets and friends, please help....

Here's my letter:

Regarding Terri Hinte's letter October 5:

First, as the Texas Air National Guard has pointed out many times, BUSH WAS NOT REQUIRED TO TAKE A PHYSICAL! He was excused because the Alabama Guard had no airplanes for him. He was being phased out as the war wound down with a large surplus of pilots returning from Vietnam.

Secondly, the guard is very permissive regarding accumulation of required points. He earned all the points required (50) for every year served. In fact he earned enough for his entire hitch in the first two years of full time duty. Obviously, Ms. Hinte is not familiar with National Guard procedures.

Thirdly, MANY OF BUSH's BAND HAVE COME FORWARD, including many of his commanders and all comments have been favorable. The very great preponderance of Kerry's band, on the other hand, have negative things to say. Those two or three who seem to have something favorable to say about Kerry are being vigorously protected by handlers and they cannot be interviewed.

Fourth, as General Staudt has eloquently stated, at that time, the Texas Air National Guard was experiencing a shortage of F-102 pilots. Consequenlty, they were taking anyone who was able to qualify. Bush qualified and did not need help from his dad, who, by the way was not very powerful in Texas at that time.

Fifth, the "champagne unit" experienced approximately the same fatality rate as the population in Vietnam. The F-102 was a very difficult plane to fly, according to ANY pilot who flew it. Clearly, Ms. Hinte knows nothing about fighter aircraft.

Sixth, for the last time, KERRY DID NOT SHOOT HIMSELF! He simply made a rookie error with an M-79 grenade launcher and received a ricocheted, pin-head-sized piece of shrapnel in his forearm. When he asked for a Purple Heart, a la MASH's Frank Burns, it was refused by several who were senior to him, including his commander. Not to be denied, he simply waited until everyone who knew anything about it was sent home, and then asked for it again. Clearly, Ms. Hinte knows nothing about the Swift Boat issues and simply parrots without study.

Finally, the media already has devoted five years of elapsed time, and countless hours of air time to Bush's National Guard service and turned up NOTHING. They even scrounged up a disgruntled and disturbed ARMY (NOT AIR) National Guard veteran to say bad things about him (medically discharged for reasons not related to mental problems). They also scrounged up another shady character to say bad things about Bush. This man was disgraced in Texas for involvement in the Sharpstown Bank scandal, the Texas Lottery scandal and the famous real estate scandal which may have ruined Governor Connally. He now lives close to Senator Kerry in Massachusetts. Ultimately, to make a point, they FORGED DOCUMENTS TO INCRIMINATE Bush.

The media did all this without investigating in detail a single accusation about Kerry. The media is as shameful as their candidate. I know this exceeds 200 words but the rebuttal always takes longer than the sound bite.
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Response Reply with quote

Any problems with this response:

It is quite obvious that you and many of your readers unfortunately have no desire to learn the facts before engaging in Democratic campaigns designed to blur the truth. I will not go into all the inconsistencies regarding Mr. Kerry's medals but hopefully a few will suffice. First he stated that he was returning fire while in a skimmer, a small boat that is roughly equivalent to a Boston whaler. Yet several days later he writes in his own diary "We had not been shot at yet." So how can he get a Purple Heart for a non-combat injury? Next, is the Bronze Star. I won't go through the entire sequence but I will the state the relevant facts. He stated that all the boats fled except his and he stayed behind to assist the boat that was damaged by a mine. Now he has admitted that his boat fled and all the others stayed behind. Ignoring the inconsistencies in Lt. Rassman's telling of this story Mr. Kerry states that his boat, while fleeing, was under fire for a distance of 5,000 meters which is over 3 miles. Also, he was under fire for the 90 minutes it took to get all the boats away from the area. Yet, the only damage anyone could find were three bullet holes in all the boats combined. Assuming they did not come from a previous engagement, what this means is that a squad of 9 enemy soldiers (I won't even go with a platoon of 30) firing AK-47's at half their rate of fire (300 rds. per minute; not 600) for 90 minutes would have fired 243,000 bullets at the boats. Yet there were at most only three bullet holes? What kind of magic material was on the boats? What type of miracle was performed? Who was their guardian angel? And yet you say that the Swift Boat PAC is not telling the truth? Give me a break!!!
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did my e-mail Very Happy
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Response Reply with quote

1AD wrote:
Any problems with this response:

It is quite obvious that you and many of your readers unfortunately have no desire to learn the facts before engaging in Democratic campaigns designed to blur the truth. I will not go into all the inconsistencies regarding Mr. Kerry's medals but hopefully a few will suffice. First he stated that he was returning fire while in a skimmer, a small boat that is roughly equivalent to a Boston whaler. Yet several days later he writes in his own diary "We had not been shot at yet." So how can he get a Purple Heart for a non-combat injury? Next, is the Bronze Star. I won't go through the entire sequence but I will the state the relevant facts. He stated that all the boats fled except his and he stayed behind to assist the boat that was damaged by a mine. Now he has admitted that his boat fled and all the others stayed behind. Ignoring the inconsistencies in Lt. Rassman's telling of this story Mr. Kerry states that his boat, while fleeing, was under fire for a distance of 5,000 meters which is over 3 miles. Also, he was under fire for the 90 minutes it took to get all the boats away from the area. Yet, the only damage anyone could find were three bullet holes in all the boats combined. Assuming they did not come from a previous engagement, what this means is that a squad of 9 enemy soldiers (I won't even go with a platoon of 30) firing AK-47's at half their rate of fire (300 rds. per minute; not 600) for 90 minutes would have fired 243,000 bullets at the boats. Yet there were at most only three bullet holes? What kind of magic material was on the boats? What type of miracle was performed? Who was their guardian angel? And yet you say that the Swift Boat PAC is not telling the truth? Give me a break!!

fyi for the future - it is my understanding that the bullet holes were from an incident the previous day - according to a found boat damage report - so, they lost that 'evidence' of a firefight.

someone can either back this up, or debunk it Smile
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: