SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bush readies 'significant speech'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:
There is already a NYT's article out saying the ISG is going to report tomorrow to Congress there are no WMDs or significant programs for developing them.

Now, that would be truly odd, considering that there has been a steady trickle of reports of finds over there since shortly after the major offensive ended.

I will be shocked to the core if that's what the ISG's findings are - especially in light of the fact that the "leaked" preliminary findings of the ISG is 180º off from that.

If I'm not here tomorrow, it's because I'm heavily sedated! Shocked
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chief scientist for Saddam's nuclear program recently wrote a book about how he kept the research alive and with the missile technology they had and tried to acquire it wouldn't have taken long to develop a warhead. There was 500 pounds of yellowcake taken from a nuclear reactor also. Who's fooling whom here?
Somebunny
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard anything about this speech yet today? I'm at work so I can't listen anywhere.
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is on Fox right now. He is talking about the economy and healthcare right now.
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mo3, keep us posted.

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is talking about the war on terror now and Kerry's stands during the debate. He said listening to him it's no wonder someone might make a face. That got a HUGE laugh. Talking about the "global test" and waiting for a grade from other nations. The President's job is not to take a global test, the President's job is to protect the American people.
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm going to take all kinds of grief for saying this and maybe even risk being mistaken for a troll, but Bush is missing a major opportunity with this speech.

He has the networks tuned in and he is making a stump speech.

Who is writing his speeches? This is not significant as advertised. We've heard all this before.

This is a chance to reveal in detail Kerry's earlier statements about Sadamm. This is a chance to read from a paper and explain what Tommy Franks said about Tora Bora and Afghanistan. Global tests, giving nuclear fuel to Iran and going it alone on North Korea.

Bush is speaking in platitudes. He can do that off the cuff. This is his opportunity to speak to detail with a prepared speech with all the pertinent details writtne down.

A chance to specifically explain the concept of fighting a Global War. Why it is not enough to only focus on Al Queada. Why it is important that the world know that when we say a missile is on the way ....we mean it.

I'm voting for Bush because the alternative is simply unacceptable. But man Bush is missing what may be his best opportunity to seal this deal.

Okay it's starting to pick up a little now.....starting in on the points about global tests...and international courts......disrespecting our allies......keep going...come on.....good line about kerry has a plan it's known as the Bush plan.....kerry has a plan for retreat and I have a plan for victory.......laying out some specifics now.......

Last edited by jim_nyc on Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: UNBELIEVABLE!!! Reply with quote

I love GW Bush.....what an awesome slam dunking Kerry speech!

after listening to what Kerry had to say....you'd make faces too, lmao

Great job, well done!

and it's still on if you're interested.

Kimberly
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked when he said parts of Kerry's plan for Iraq already had a name, The Bush Plan.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: No Doubt Reply with quote

This is BUSH at his BEST!!

Question, if this is not a scheduled campaign speech, does he just get to 'address' the nation anytime he wants? How does that work?

The dems have got to be squirming like crazy!

Kimberly
JCBoston
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Im sure you can expect Kerry to be announcing his rubuttal speech any moment now.
Ed McDowell
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry does not give rebuttal speeches, it's reanal speechs. Laughing Laughing Laughing Someone give Kerry a gallon of Kaopectate, he is so full of it.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCBoston wrote:
Oh Im sure you can expect Kerry to be announcing his rubuttal speech any moment now.

lol, gotta give his camp a 1/2 second to pick themselves up off the floor!

They'll be on the defensive for awhile.

Kimberly
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry would have responded immediately but he has a manicure/pedicure scheduled for 10, then Hans will be giving him his rub down at 11:30, then it is a light lunch and a facial and re-tanning at 1 pm.

HE'S A BUSY MAN, PEOPLE! What part of "busy" don't you people get?

It was a good speech, served the purpose perfectly: re-focus his message, re-energize his base, get his agenda out there again, while putting Kerry back on the defensive. The self-deprecating humor was a deft finesse. Excellent. The timing was impeccable, and Kerry will be caught flat-footed and bath-robbed.

I am happy because I was BEGGING the Bush Campaign to get the President out there and put Kerry back on the defensive. Of course, I am sure I was one of thousands, but hey!

kimberly--the president can use the media anytime he wants by calling a press conference or announcing he has a speech, etc., but so can Kerry. The President, in reality, is somewhat limited to how many "official" type speeches he can make, and Bush is too honorable a person to take advantage. But there is an element of an incumbent being able to utilize "the bully pulpit," as TR called it.
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's rebuttals: "I'm rubber your glue whatever you say bounces off me and sticks on you." and "I know you are but what am I?"

Sorry, I spend a lot of time with children 10 and under, but I figure that will be about the age level of the democrat's response. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: