SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Convoluted Kerry Conversation with my boss this morning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: A Convoluted Kerry Conversation with my boss this morning Reply with quote

To make a long story short, discussion about work projects lead to the topic of fighting for the little guy. My boss, out of the blue, says that he wishes someone had spoken up for the little guy when Lt. Calley commited the My Lai massacre. I agreed, then I said that John Kerry has admitted to committing war crimes, why isn’t he in jail too?

Boss then says, “well I would put Bush in jail too.” And I reply “what for” and he says “for avoiding duty, for cowardice, and for bad decisions in Iraq.” “What do you mean avoiding duty…..” I was just about to point out the Bush flew a very dangerous fighter jet, the F102, and that certainly nullified his first two points about avoiding duty and cowardice, when Bossman said “Chuck I don’t want to argue politics with you, no, we are not going there..” I left his office rolling my eyes over another bout with another hypocrite democrat. After all, he raised the political conversation in the first place by bringing Calley into the discussion, then bails when he knows he is about to lose big.
As for putting someone in jail for bad decisions as President…well, if we did that every president would have to do jail time. Maybe that is a good idea…I don’t know.

The thing is, my boss is not an idealogue, and most of the time he is reasonably fair. There is something about this election that is driving reasonable people into unreasonable thoughts and actions. Otherwise reasonable people still have this idea that Bush avoided duty, or that he is a coward. They gag me with their blindness. I want to say that they are stupid…but they are not, they are just ostrich’s with their head in the sand

Moderator: Title changed to correct spelling. G_Dog.

Zell Miller
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you are from CA. Be careful, they put Kool-Aid in the water supply there.

Often people will have a series of half-truths and a mish mash of ideas that guides their thoughts. Sounds like your boss is the perfect Democrat voter--a head stuffed full of mis-statements, old prejudices, mixed together with a touch of class warfare, and susceptible to every new OIM splat that hits the airwaves.

I love the way these folks start this stuff, then refuse to discuss it. Typical.
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: Chuck54

Sounds like your boss could use a Zell CD???

(look for the link in Geedunk & Scuttlebutt)

Good Luck!

Wink

Mission Accomplished!!

Last edited by sround on Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donna Savage
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil I had almost an identical conversation with a co-worker the other day at work. Normally I stay out of politics at work but this woman started whining about Iraq, Bush lying, how the UN said there were no WMD, and how depressed she was that there is no one to vote for in this election. There was no way in hell I was going to let this opportunity pass. I ripped into her for not having a spine and staying the course, for not supporting our men and women overseas, for blaming America for everything wrong in the world and for thinking that the corrupt UN is the answer to everything. I told her it's simple. You have a choice and it's clear as day. Vote for what's right or vote for what's wrong.

After I spewed my venom, she said well, obviously we can't have a conversation about this. I said that's right, because I wasn't just going to sit and listen to her whining crap without ripping apart every one of her statements. What I love though is how quickly they withdraw when you shoot them down! But I'm glad she said something because now I know where she stands. Lay your cards on the table people and be prepared for an ass-whooping. As I've said before, let the stupid people speak so we know who the stupid people are!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
-President George W. Bush
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people like that hear the lib spin so much, and they do not spend the time.......and it takes a LOT........to be well informed, but in spite of that they know in their heart and their own mind if they stop to think, that everything the Kerry camp says is wrong, but they can't dispute it because they don't have the knowledge to do so. Thank-you liberal media for poisioning the minds of America.
Ed McDowell
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Deleted by Admin)
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
I see you are from CA. Be careful, they put Kool-Aid in the water supply there.

Often people will have a series of half-truths and a mish mash of ideas that guides their thoughts. Sounds like your boss is the perfect Democrat voter--a head stuffed full of mis-statements, old prejudices, mixed together with a touch of class warfare, and susceptible to every new OIM splat that hits the airwaves.

I love the way these folks start this stuff, then refuse to discuss it. Typical.

Kimmymac, you have no idea how right you are. We are a long way away from the land of Reagan now.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: A Convoluted Kerry Conversation with my boss this mornin Reply with quote

Chuck54 wrote:
Boss then says, “well I would put Bush in jail too.” And I reply “what for” and he says “for avoiding duty, for cowardice, and for bad decisions in Iraq.” “What do you mean avoiding duty…..” .[/color][/size]

Avoiding Duty retort --- print out Byron York's article from the National Review on line and hand it out to the kool-aid kids>

http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york200402180840.asp

As to putting someone in jail for bad decisions --- I think Clinton could lead the way to jail for sexual harrassment, rape, and actual violation of law in committing perjury.

As to the black co-worker that just repeats DNC talking points -- I remark to the African-American kool-aid drinkers I come across that they obviously are very comfortable living on the DNC/government plantation and don't want to think freely or they would consider the positives of the Republican administration

Home ownership at all time high, No child left behind, more blacks in the Bush administration and campaign.

Sometimes you need to shock these closed minds into opening up and thinking for themselves. Do I agree with the Bush administration on every issue -- most certainly not --- Is Kerry more qualified or even qualified to replace him --- certainly NOT.

Kerry has too many flaws to overcome even the strongest of objections to the Bush administration.

Global Tests, Nukes to Iran while eliminating our bunker busting weapons ----US weaker and Iran stronger --- Lord Help US.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: