SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iraq attacks and Presidential debates--election

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Iraq attacks and Presidential debates--election Reply with quote

I don't know where to put this thread but I think it's worth dicussing: the link between Iraq attacks and US presidential debates/election. Last Thursday, a week ago, there was the massacre of the Iraqi children. Attacks have been escalated since yesterday. Tomorrow we have 2nd presidential debate. This to give an impression that Iraqi is out of control of the US, the mantra that is being used by Kerry's camp. If you follow the talking point of the democrats today on TV, they are pointing to these attacks as a legitimate basis to claim that Iraq is a total mess.

Will the majority of voters be buying to the democrats' arguments?

This is sort of Madrid 3/11 with a different mode.
JCBoston
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really answer difinitively, all I can do is hope to god that they aren't falling for it.
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good assessment from Major Bob at Fox who stated that the insurgent is trying everything they can to "elect" John Kerry.

I think the logic is this: if the secutiry in Iraq is much better, it will help Bush significantly, otherwise Kerry could exploit it for political purpose. As we have seen, Kerry will do ANYTHING for political gain.
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I hear Major Bob say that, as well--

Major attack on the Sheraton Hotel in Baghdad about an hour ago--I'm sure that they were hoping that it would be more devastating than it turned out to be--

And I'm more than a little worried about what might happen here between now and 2 November--C

Last edited by CandiM on Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CandiM wrote:
Yeah, I hear Major Bob say that, as well--

Major attack on the Sheraton Hotel in Baghdad about an hour ago--I'm sure that they were hoping that it would be more devastating than it turned out to be--

And I'm more than a little worried about what might happen here between now and 2 November--D

I think a direct copy of Madrid 3/11 will work against terrorists' intention. A terror attack in the US will only strengthen Bush. But a "messy" Iraq will weaken him. I just deeply feel sorry for the innocent Iraqis and the US troops.
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Months ago FoxNews had this on their website but I haven't seen it offered for quite awhile. I kept it in my favorites.

www.foxnews.com/video2/bagCam.html

The webcam faces Paradise Square. It has made Iraq real for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: