SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

florida accepts late regiistration (dem ones) on Drudge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: florida accepts late regiistration (dem ones) on Drudge Reply with quote

I see another 2000 election coming up, and not just in FL. I don't ever recall hearing so much about registration fraud in the past. We have to get the vote out, unfortunitly for me I live in NY, and that translates into driving Democrates to the poll! I hope the Amish and the Catholics come out in mass. I hear the Arab block is for Kerry this time.... Everyone say a prayer for Bush tomorrow. He is really under the gun to perform. I really hope Kerry puts his foot in it big time.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find..and here is the link for those that have not read it on Drudge yet:

http://drudgereport.com/flash3.htm

amazing..Palm Beach County again..here we go, off to the races..more Kerry tactics now on behalf of a Muslim group?? What is going on..anymore incidents ??? I say we post here, sounds to me like rush of fraud is upon us.. Evil or Very Mad

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaPore had no right to accept those registrations.
Samileino
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this has been covered but one thing I heard this morning on intelligent talk radio is part of the reason for the "get out the vote" campaign by the left has nothing to do with people actually voting (they were recruiting people in strip clubs etc) but that they are going to FLOOD the voter reg places so that when it comes to the time to vote and one person is not registered because they couldn't input all the requests, they will cry foul. They are seeking new ways to say people are disenfranchised. Another reason to say the vote wasn't legal.....irks me so much.

Sami
The Ghost
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voter registration process causes concern
Alleged irregularities in several counties are being probed.
By Dara Kam

Special to The Palm Beach Post
LINK
Thursday, October 07, 2004

TALLAHASSEE — Law enforcement officials are investigating voter registration irregularities in at least three counties in Florida, and election supervisors fear that the problem is so widespread it could lead to massive confusion on Election Day.

Third-party groups, including tax-exempt organizations known as 527s that engage in political activity, have been conducting voter mobilization drives in an attempt to persuade new or apathetic voters to turn out in support of their causes — mostly Democratic — on Nov. 2.

But problems with the applications, already reported to authorities in Miami-Dade, Duval, Monroe, Leon, Hillsborough and Pinellas counties, could result in people who thought they had registered showing up at the polls only to discover they aren't eligible to vote.

Of the forms collected by the voter mobilization groups, many are incomplete, have suspicious signatures or may have been forged, elections officials said Wednesday.

They have created an accountability problem that the legislature is expected to address in the session beginning in March, the incoming Senate president said.

Supervisors are concerned about "the quality and the timeliness of the work being received" and about the lack of accountability for the application-gatherers, said Bill Cowles, Orange County supervisor of elections and president of the statewide supervisors' association.

Supervisors have 15 days after the Oct. 4 closing date to report new registrations to the state Division of Elections. Potential voters whose applications were incomplete or unsigned are out of luck if they did not correct their forms by the deadline.

Applications bundled

Many of the third-party groups delivered bundles of applications, some collected as long ago as January, on the final day. Cowles said he received about 15,000 registration applications Monday, which he called "a disservice to voters."

"It is taking the control, the education and the accuracy of the work out of our hands," he said.

Voters who have not received registration cards by the end of October should call their elections office to check on the status of their applications and to find out where their polling places are, Cowles said.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating voter registration irregularities in Miami-Dade County and anticipates more complaints as supervisors sort through the applications, a spokesman said Monday.

In Leon County, elections officials are investigating 1,500 applications, including many from Florida A&M University students that were photocopied. All were for registration as Republicans.

Leon County Elections Supervisor Ion Sancho said most of the students contacted by his office indicated they had chosen "No Party Affiliation" and his office registered all of the applicants as independent.

In St. Petersburg, the state attorney's office is investigating allegations that the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, a group pushing the minimum-wage ballot initiative, fraudulently changed party affiliations on voter-registration applications.

Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Theresa LePore said she received dozens of applications collected by an unknown third party at a high school, all completed in the same handwriting and with similar signatures. LePore plans to send them to state elections officials but said the questionable applications left her in a quandary.

The 1995 National Voter Registration Act, known as the "Motor Voter Act," took registration out of the exclusive domain of supervisors.

"It's also opened the door for fraud," LePore said. "We can't investigate unless there's something really glaring."

It is a third-degree felony to lie on a voter registration application, but state law provides for no penalty for those who sign up voters but do not hand in the paperwork or wait until the last minute, depriving voters of the opportunity to make corrections.

Election issues piling up

Legislators almost certainly will address the 527s, the voter registration process and other election issues in March, said incoming Senate President Tom Lee, R-Brandon. Setting the stage, he said, are legal challenges concerning provisional ballots, touch-screen machine paper trails, voter registration anomalies and the felon purge list.

"Much of it has been designed to lay a legal predicate for litigation in the event that this election is close and Florida's electoral votes are determinative in the outcome of the presidency," Lee said.

Lee, in Tallahassee, said he has told his staff to be prepared for an election challenge if the race is close and the Democrats lose.

"I guarantee you there will be challenges, ad nauseam," he said. "So we might as well get prepared for more satellite trucks in Tallahassee, because you can see them papering the various county courthouses around the state with complaints."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: