SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NO WMD FOUND IN IRAQ!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: NO WMD FOUND IN IRAQ!!!! Reply with quote

NO WMD FOUND IN IRAQ!!!!!

-- FDL
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Hitler DID have WMD. They were in Peenmunde, France, and his nuclear weapons development program was in Telemark, Norway.

He outsourced his WMD. So did Saddam. Libya was one of the locations. Syria is another. Iran is another. Korea. China.

It's not like Saddam didn't have any WARNING we were coming in. He had YEARS to get rid of the stuff.

Look at all those DOZENS of MiG fighters buried in the sand right UNDER the feet of ground our troops walked over *thousands* of times.

There are WMD in Iraq. Just because only a limited number have been found does NOT mean they aren't there.

Then there is the small matter of several TONS of uranium taken out of Iraq by our troops. MUCH more than they'd ever need for "peaceful purposes".

The "no WMDs" is a rope-a-dope" of the First Magnitude. They *will* surface.

There was a story just this week about some bombs *just* found left over from WWII and STILL armed and active.

Just because you can't SEE them, don't mean they ain't there.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
Actually, Hitler DID have WMD. They were in Peenmunde, France, and his nuclear weapons development program was in Telemark, Norway.

I know....my little poster is for the wingnuts, to try to stimulate what few neurons and grasp of history might remain in their brains.

-- FDL
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the prpoper terminology is "no wmd evidence found in Iraq." which begs the question, where did hte stuff go, where's the documentation, empty barrels, incenerators, chemicals or facilities to render the stuff inactive?
We are supposed to believe the stuff just disappeared.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could the whole world and the vast majority of the Iraqi people be so wrong about him having WMDs? Even Chirac said he had them.

I'm waiting to see if the recently discovered and translated documents get any media attention, but smoehow, I doubt it.

If the President hadn't invaded Iraq and Saddam succeeded in getting them to Usama and a major city was hit by a WMD attack, can you imagine the outcry from the opposition then? "Bush should be impeached, he had all this intelligence that Iraq had WMDs and he didn't act to stop them." Impeached? They'd be trying to hang him! He just can't win, no matter what he does. Confused
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, the Lamestream media's story is "No WMD".

Ignore the fact that Chirac & Co. were making billions in bribe money off Hussein.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lrb111 wrote:
I think the prpoper terminology is "no wmd evidence found in Iraq." which begs the question, where did hte stuff go, where's the documentation, empty barrels, incenerators, chemicals or facilities to render the stuff inactive?

"Proper terminology" and "Mr. Kerry" (or "Democrats") in the same sentence represents a profound oxymoron.

Anyone suggesting that Bush should have let Saddam Hussein remain in power, with the intelligence information available from multiple sources, and knowing Saddam's psychological profile and history, does not understand the concept of risk.

They suffer from the following thought malfunctions:

Faulty Pattern Recognition
Example: His last six wives were murdered mysteriously. I hope to be wife number seven.

Ignoring the Downside Risk
Example: I know that bungee jumping could kill me, but it's three seconds of great fun!

Judging Things Without Comparison to Alternatives
Example: I don't invest in US Treasury bills. There's too much risk.

Ignoring all Anecdotal Evidence
Example: I always get hives immediately after eating strawberries. But without a scientifically-controlled experiment, it's not reliable data. So I continue to eat strawberries every day, since I can't tell if they cause hives.

I can only hope they go to quack physicians with equally defective concepts of risk. Then we can be more quickly done with such people.

-- FDL

Last edited by fortdixlover on Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:57 am; edited 6 times in total
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard an interesting analogy on the stream tonight (on Laura Ingraham, I think). It went something like this:

He had the plates, the paper, the ink, and the presses. Just because he had no $100 bills, does that mean he's not a counterfeiter?

I know that wouldn't amuse the Secret Service. Having the MEANS and INTENT is the same as doing the deed.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point Cipher.

Iraq kept the knowledge to reuse at a later date. I found this LA Times article where an Iraqi General stated that too. I think the LA Times might have pulled this article, for it came up under another newspaper's site.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/special/iraq/1941943
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: NO WMD FOUND IN IRAQ!!!! Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
...He outsourced his WMD. So did Saddam. Libya was one of the locations. Syria is another. Iran is another. Korea. China....

Cipher, you're a genius...because you agree with me...or the other way around. Anyway, I've always believed this and tried to convince others that's why he bluffed that he had them. IMO, he figured he could keep the inspectors busy chasing propwash in Iraq indefinitely, especially with someone as stupid as Hans Blix in charge. And the worst case scenario would be an invasion which also would keep the forces snipe hunting for years. Being politically very clever, Saddam figured the appeasers eventually would force withdrawal.

Now, Saddam's partially correct. Kerry and his ring of pals are winning with criticism because the snipe hunt produced no birds and Bush, consequently faces great pressure for appeasement. Sounds eerily familiar. As John Wayne said they're always with us.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lrb111 wrote:

Thank you for this distinction. One of my pet peeves is the "no evidence". all that means to me is "you haven't found it yet".

Sam
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aristotle The Hun wrote:
lrb111 wrote:

Thank you for this distinction. One of my pet peeves is the "no evidence". all that means to me is "you haven't found it yet".

Sam

From http://www.hughhewitt.com/#postid996

Both candidates should be campaigning on this platform: Regimes around the world must choose Saddam's path or Qaddafi's. There is no third way. Had Kerry done this, he would have led an honorable campaign, like Dewey did in 1944. Instead he has conducted one guaranteed to encourage enemies around the globe to believe that Saddam's long game of 1991 to 2003 is once again an option for dealing with America post-9/11.

Bush will defeat Kerry, but the damage Kerry has done is already immense, and shameful. Kerry has proclaimed the presence within the American mainstream of a faction that embraces appeasement of the sort that drove British politics in the early and mid-1930s. Enemies of America around the globe can surely console themselves that, even with a Bush re-election, they need only to lie low long enough for the appeasers to return to power.

...Stanley Baldwin and Neville Chamberlain did not intend for Hitler to rise or metastasize into the monster he became, or to cause ruin and woe to the cities and people of Great Britain. They were patriots. They were also, both of them and those who supported them, terribly, horribly wrong, and the consequences of that error was the near destruction of their nation and the murder of millions.

-- FDL
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover here is a more graphic example from protest warriors

JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This "admission" is the biggest F****n "rope-a-dope" since Muhammed Ali. Just watch Kerry jump all over it and the trap will spring shut. Rummy, Bush and Cheney are not that dumb.

This will be fun to watch. Twisted Evil

http://www.thewebplace.com/
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had said that. This is one of those posts that makes me look at the upper left hand corner to see who wrote it.

Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: