SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Passive?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Passive? Reply with quote

Ok... 1 thing I have observed in my short time on Earth.. and even shorter time reviewing politics... is that in my lifetime, no offenese intended to the Democrats or Independants here, that in general, the conservatives are very passive to the MSM and all the hype.... mud slinging, name calling, etc... the LEFT, especially the EXTREME LEFT (and also the EXTREME RIGHT, to be fair) call foul on ANY POINTS, proven or unproven...

What I see is the Moderate to Right leaning people (within the last 20 or so years) "grin and bear it"..... The take the blows and don't fight back since is is agasit out/their moral values (it's childish?!)...

What I see now, for the first time in MY lifetime, the Right standing up for themsleves.... They/we see a greater evil coming forth and they have no other option but to stop this evil being (sorry, not trying to sound too far fetched... but it's a reality now... scary, huh?!?)....

We tolerated what we, as a country... no better yet.. as a people, our 'Democratic" govt (it's actually a Republic) this far with not many diffenreces, depending on where you draw the lines.

In MY lifetime, this has to be the MOST devided instance in this country (and I think one of the most devided in most, if not all, in the history of the United States of America)... I AM partially relieved to see that there is NO bias in this cause; there are no boundaries here.. we have Democrats, Independants AND Republicans here...That is what this country was supposed to be.

(Deleted by Admin) I respect ALL people, no matter what party they are from for being able to actually open their eyes to the triuth. THAT'S what this country is supposed to be about.

This is going out to the Democrats... How much BS can you take.... WE, as the people of the USA want the best for everyone... So let it be...

For the Republicans.. Speak out our beliefs more... STOP being so damn passive....

For the Independants.... Keep it up... bring up the non-covered points to the public.... I am a freaking Republican, but I try to keep an open mind.and listen to all sides... I BELIEVE most Republicans are the same....

It's honestly not important whether we choose a DEM or REP (or even an IND)... It's important that we choose a person who will be able to take the pressure from all side and make the right decision for whatever the situation is at the time.

Kerry is the WRONG person for this situation.. and here, I KNOW that I am preaching to the choir, but I think it is importan to attempt to 'inform all of your friends, family, whatever to be able to have an open mind.

Sorry... just babbling again... but, IMO, I think that everyone (at least in USA) should consider that.... have an open mind...

Any opinions, advice on these matters?
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry... a few typos in my statement.... and to clarify... the cause is meant to mean the Swifts (this site)...

Cheers..
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on the passive thing and I see it coming the other way now. It might have something to do with people being Christians in belief that causes the passiveness.

I heard a sermon years ago from a preacher about Christians needing to drop the passiveness and start waging a war against those that are evil.

I'm not saying we're all Christians here, but I do see a lot of those types of values from the posters whether they know it or not.

My hope is it's not too late in the game for the people that have gotten involved.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SangRun Hunter wrote:
I agree on the passive thing and I see it coming the other way now. It might have something to do with people being Christians in belief that causes the passiveness.

I heard a sermon years ago from a preacher about Christians needing to drop the passiveness and start waging a war against those that are evil.

I'm not saying we're all Christians here, but I do see a lot of those types of values from the posters whether they know it or not.

My hope is it's not too late in the game for the people that have gotten involved.

Intersting point... although,I haven't heard about bringing on a war.... The last thing I remember from my pastor, was about letting the person choose their beliefs....... Not going religeous here... It's about the feedom of what each individual wants to believe... It's a 'free' country.... THAT is what America (in my case, being overseas.... the United States of America) is all about...
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin, could you please PM me what was cut from my origional post? I'm not offended, just curious what I typed that was cut... Sorry, don't remember what it was... Razz

Note: As you are now aware, that info was PM'd to you at 11:56 AM Wink
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Maturity is sometimes mistaken for passivity.

2) Good sense is sometimes mistaken for passivity.

3) Real passivity among Conservatives is caused, imo, by sheer burn out -- it is VERY DIFFICULT to get through to people who do not think and radical Liberals simply do not think or they twist everything you say around so much it is unrecognizable. John Kerry is a prime example of this. When Bush said his job is 'hard work' in last week's debate I couldn't help but think a lot of that 'hard work' was being done right there in the debate -- trying to get closed minds to accept the truth! I sometimes think radical Liberals' brains are not wired for clear, logical thinking processes.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100% Wynne... and it's nice to know that there are some from every party coming involved in the Swiftvets.... It must be saying a lot.

I have one more question while I am at it; WHAT is the difference between a Liberal and a Libertarian? Before this election, if I heard either comment, I thought they were the same; but now there are people that are claiming the other and saying they are different...
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason for that is historic. The conservatives realive they have to keep a low profile to win elections. What has changed in this election is that the liberals have pulled out all the stops and the American People see it. This then gives the conservatives a little latitude to defend themselves. The MSM in recent elections would have tared and feathered any conservative for doing what is happening today in the Bush Campaign. An example in the 2000 primary the Bush campaign was accused of attacks on John Mc Cain. It was really Col. Hackworth that brought up the question of his activities in the Hanoi Hilton that got him special treatment when he was imprisoned. Don't get me wrong. I met John Mc Cain this summer at a rally with Dick Cheney and I thanked him for what he had to endure and for his service to our country.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what you've noticed in conservatives is simply tolerance. Yes, it's the liberals who scream tolerance at the top of their lungs 24/7, but they find it extremely hard, and often impossible, to practice. They make all the noise, and we do the heavy lifting. Just like compassion. Who gave more to charity in the past 10 years, "right wing extremist" Bush, or much richer, middle class champion Kerry? They talk, we walk.

We tolerate them calling us bigots, liars, sexists, and every filthy thing they can think of to shut down discussion. We tolerate them demanding the right to be more and more immoral, and degrading our society. We tolerate their slurs against our religions, our morality, our character, and our belief in our country. We've even tolerated their takeover of our public airwaves and our children's schools, trusting that the truth can't be stamped out in a free society. But when we are at war, we can't tolerate them getting us all killed. When they want to dismantle our constitution, we can't tolerate that. I think it's called choosing your battles--something you have to do when dealing with children.
ArmybratNavywife
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrJapan wrote:
I agree 100% Wynne... and it's nice to know that there are some from every party coming involved in the Swiftvets.... It must be saying a lot.

I have one more question while I am at it; WHAT is the difference between a Liberal and a Libertarian? Before this election, if I heard either comment, I thought they were the same; but now there are people that are claiming the other and saying they are different...

I think Libertarians are about personal freedom and responsibility. At least those are the answers I keep giving in tests and I keep getting labeled a Libertarian. I don't think I agree with their foreign policy though. Maybe eventually...but we need to accomplish a few things first.

http://www.lp.org/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: