SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guess what I saw today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Guess what I saw today Reply with quote

......a bunch of Kerry/Edwards bumperstickers on cars belonging to US military personnel.

I have not really seen any political advertising over here in Germany, its just an accepted rule that its not done. It is however allowed.

I do not want to come across as being prejudiced, but all of the cars belonged to black people.

I just happened to ask one of them where all the Kerry stickers came from, and he told me the European Chapter of the NAACP had them and was giving them out..........now ain't that a kick in the pants. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why African Americans are so easily duped by the left?

I know no Republicans that the liberals paint them to be these KKK lynch mob types.

I've actually known some Democrats that were very racist, but then again they had their own issues too.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The democrats have African Americans in their pockets and use voter suppression as a whip to keep them in line. How does anyone not say to themselves, "hey i can think for myself. why do people make the choices for me?"
ProudArmyWife
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be a bit of an oddity in Germany, maybe a whole being a small group away from home. My husband's enlisted 18+ active duty years and a majority of the soldiers that he has spoken of over the years....as being conservative family value oriented people seem to have been his fellow NCOs who happen to be African American. I've also noticed that these men and women seem to have a real heart to give back to and participate in their home communities....must be very difficult sometimes considering the historical way the military and republicans have been portrayed (reference horrible commerical Sean Hannity talked about I'll spare the details here...). Just judging from comments I've heard, the majority of the African Americans that my husband works with (and was deployed with) are voting BUSH.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I manage a website for a mostly black church here in Florida. While there isn't any official endorsment I definately get the impression the church will vote Bush en masse.

The only thing I'm aware of the Bishop saying officially to the congregation however is "know why your voting the way you are."

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SangRun Hunter wrote:
I don't understand why African Americans are so easily duped by the left?

I know no Republicans that the liberals paint them to be these KKK lynch mob types.

I've actually known some Democrats that were very racist, but then again they had their own issues too.

Sen. Byrd (D - WV) used the "n" word on national TV a couple years ago. Nobody said a word. Trent Lott (R - MS) went to Strom Thurmond's 100th b'day party and told him he would've made a good president. Suddenly, there's a huge outcry and Lott is forced to step down. What is wrong with people??? It's insane. Everytime the Dems want to bring down a Republican (or free OJ), they just play the race card. Mad
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Knighthawk

Quote:
he told me the European Chapter of the NAACP had them and was giving them out..........now ain't that a kick in the pants.

More than a 'kick in the pants', it's a violation of Federal law:

Quote:

The NAACP is incorporated under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code, which shields nonprofit organizations from paying taxes as long as they neither endorse nor oppose a candidate for office. The tax code exists to prevent tax-exempt dollars from being used for political purposes. Plainly, the NAACP is using tax dollars for just that purpose.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1571/is_32_18/ai_91210696

Mission Accomplished!!
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't that be a rip. Yank the 501(c)3 from the NAA(L)CP. As Rush say's National Association for the Advancement of Liberal Colored People

http://www.thewebplace.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: