SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rassmuson - New Electoral College standings!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: A little good news Reply with quote

A little GOOD Smile news from Rasmussen:

Today's tracking poll shows Bush 48.4 Kerry 46.1.

Two days ago (pre Cheney-Edwards debate) Bush 47.2 Kerry 46.9

2% net gain for Bush since VP debate, where Cheney was clear winner.

The debates DO matter...we've got to pray that Bush does MUCH better this time!

If not, the SBVT will have to sink Kerry...
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNS News have a very intersting poll going. Go vote!
p.s. I won't spoil the surprise for you all Very Happy

How many states will John Kerry win in the presidential election?
* More than 25
* Between 20 and 25
* Between 14 and 19
* Fewer than 14

view results
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely don't understand this:

'I watched this Sheila Tubbs (D-OH) on Dayside today claiming there is suppression of the Democrat and Black vote going on in Ohio.'

I've always been interested in local/general elections and have been a Precinct Chairman for several years in my city, putting in 14 hours on election day and then having to do the closing, vote tally, etc. I've also volunteered many hours in our City Clerk's office. There are certain rules and regulations that simply have to be followed when registering to vote, and when doing the actual voting. When I register a new voter, there is no way in h*ll that I can supress a vote! You either have proper documentation to register or you don't. If you don't have it, you're informed what is necessary and told to return when you obtain it.

I almost caused a concussion banging my head against the wall when that fiasco took place in FL. My feeling is it comes down to one thing: The ability/inability to read/follow instructions. If you don't understand our language, you have the right to bring assistance with you. Otherwise, for Pete's sakes--follow instructions! I work in a precinct consisting of +-2,000 registered voters. We get spoiled ballots at each election. Very easily rectified--destroy the spoiled one, note this was done, and issue a new ballot. There's a system of checks and balances. The number of votes tallied on our machine had better agree with the number of voters listed in our Poll Book.

This 'suppression' of certain groups' votes has me in such a tizzy, I want to yell--you're a certified nutcase! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: A little good news Reply with quote

Steve Z wrote:

The debates DO matter...we've got to pray that Bush does MUCH better this time!

If not, the SBVT will have to sink Kerry...

Yes, the Swiftees pulled Bush out of the bottom of the barrel this summer and it may just be that the Swiftees will have to fight this election for him. That annoys me, but having John Kerry for President annoys me even more.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: elections Reply with quote

at this moment australians are voting , just finished talking to my sister and she says howard is ahead, even her daughter voted liberal which is same as republican here, so kerrys little sister did not have an effect, how dare he send her there to influence their elections
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: elections Reply with quote

minnie presley wrote:
at this moment australians are voting , just finished talking to my sister and she says howard is ahead, even her daughter voted liberal which is same as republican here, so kerrys little sister did not have an effect, how dare he send her there to influence their elections

Please keep us up to the minute with this election in Australia. It is important to us. Thanks. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Skypilot
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a poll from the gaming world? It sure looks like the horse their betting on is Bush! 18POINTS over Skerry! Wink

http://tradesports.com/jsp/intrade/contractSearch/
Please Mr. Kerry Sign Form #180 Now!
Let the truth set you free? NOT!
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Great News Reply with quote

Today's Rasmussen has it 50-46 for Bush.

They comment that this is the FIRST TIME all year that either candidate had had 50%.

Electoral is at 240-169 for Bush.

This is good stuff.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush is still way ahead of Kerry in this but does not have the required 270.

It's going down to the wire. Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: