SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Stiffed - The American Spectator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Kerry Stiffed - The American Spectator Reply with quote

Kerry Stiffed
By Wlady Pleszczynski
Published 10/9/2004 2:53:41 AM

ANNANDALE, Va. -- The story line this weekend will be that President Bush did a lot better, and John Kerry not as well, in their second debate. The only worry now is that in Arizona Wednesday the two will again be behind lecterns, which will once again play to Kerry's advantage and Bush's distinct disadvantage.

The Washington Post's often astute, sometimes maddening TV critic Tom Shales has already declared Bush the St. Louis winner on style, Kerry on the winner on substance. Coming from a Dan Rather liberal, that's saying something. Specifically, that Kerry lost on both counts. In liberal eyes the fix is always in on substance -- by definition there's no way a nonliberal can win here. What's more, the superiority on that front is supposed to go hand in hand with stylistic command. When it doesn't, it's a dark day indeed.

Poor Kerry. Without a lectern to tower over, he was a freak show. Perhaps John Edward can sue the television camera manufacturers. But exposed in his thin tallness on the stage floor, particularly when caught in profile, Kerry came across as some sad mix of scarecrow and arthritis sufferer, unable to bend his back at all or even take an unstiff step.

Bush by contrast thrived. No longer short he was in his sauce -- because he was among people. It's no accident his best performances have always seen him in a sea of humanity. (Yes, even on the USS Lincoln.) He was made to be seen with others. He easily leads because he likes and is liked by those he serves.

Kerry is another matter entirely. As someone has said, he can't help but treat people like help, and even to remind them they're help. Has anyone ever said anything more revealing than Kerry Friday night, apropos his tax hike promises on higher income brackets, when he said: "And looking around here, at this group here, I suspect there are only three people here who are going to be affected: the president, me, and, Charlie, I'm sorry, you too."

And looking around here, in this tacky auditorium? At this group of obvious nobodies? That's what he meant. By the way, he forgot to include his wife among the high rollers in the room. Or to convey any understanding of the American dream, more importantly.

There were some surprises. The awfulness of the town hall format was mitigated by the participation of some fine and serious citizens. The few dolts gave themselves away, usually by not having the good grace to wear a tie to such an event or being able to read the question they themselves had composed. The pointed questions seemed mainly directed at Kerry, and they all came from women. In response to Ann Bronsing's question about why no further attacks on U.S. soil since 9/11, Kerry stumbled badly, his practiced smoothness suddenly giving way to confusion ("…it's not a question of when, it's a question of -- excuse me -- not a question of if, it's a question of when. We've been told that") and lots of filler about the need for good intelligence. Before he was done he jumped back to answer an earlier questioner. (He did that several times in the evening, picking up on John Edwards' bad habit.) Two pro-life questions just about finished him off, in part because they allowed Bush to drive home some key points, but also because they brought out the NARAL side of Kerry which requires him to use the mother's health excuse as his reason for backing partial birth abortion and to oppose parental notification because all teen pregnancies apparently stem from incestuous rape.

Charlie Gibson will hear it from his colleagues for allowing those questions through. But has there been a lovelier and sweeter young American at such an event than Sarah Degenhart, who asked the second pro-life question? You have to wonder what tax bracket she'll end up in when she gets to heaven.

Wlady Pleszczynski is editorial director of The American Spectator and editor of this website.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry Stiffed - The American Spectator Reply with quote

[quote="azpatriot"]

"Charlie Gibson will hear it from his colleagues for allowing those questions through. But has there been a lovelier and sweeter young American at such an event than Sarah Degenhart, who asked the second pro-life question? You have to wonder what tax bracket she'll end up in when she gets to heaven."

Didn't you just love the one sided question that Gibson allowed to Dubya, when the woman asked if he had made any mistakes, and would he please name three of them? What a freebee for John F-ing Kerry! For that alone, Gibson goes to that place where no excuse lets you out. Talk about biased moderating!!!!!!!!!

Sarah, looked to me to be on the verge of tears, and the question was chock full of emotion, giving John F-ing Kerry a swift kick in the slats, and highlighting his inability to escape his LIBERAL stance on the issue. Of course Dubya handled it with complete confidence.

John F-ing Kerry is totally out of touch with most people in this country, and these debates are showing it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry Stiffed - The American Spectator Reply with quote

azpatriot wrote:
Kerry Stiffed
By Wlady Pleszczynski

ANNANDALE, Va. -- The story line this weekend will be that President Bush did a lot better, and John Kerry not as well, in their second debate.

Sorry guys, but looks like the MSM is giving that jerk the win once again, and at the very least, calling it a draw. The MSM is pathetic and our best bet is to stop listening to all the MSM leftist junk and wait it out for Nov. 2nd when our votes will matter and the the real winner will be named. I am counting on a Bush win and cannot imagine anyone would vote for that traitor, but there are sssssooooommmmmmeeeeeeeee peeeeeeoooople. Mad
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry Stiffed - The American Spectator Reply with quote

doll wrote:

Sorry guys, but looks like the MSM is giving that jerk the win once again, and at the very least, calling it a draw.

What else can you expect from the party that still thinks they won the last election?
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and now trying to interfer with one down under...A man in touch with the common man...give me a break..
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am amazed that Kerry can look into an audience and quickly determine that none of the plebians make $200,000 or more a year. Did he look at the labels on their clothes? The cut of their jibs? The hair? The way they walked. Geez. What an aristocratic boob.

Frankly, I've met Ted Turner in person and he looked like he had slept in his suit. Kerry should be called on the carpet for that elitist statement.

"I can tell by the way you dress that you are a nobody."
Ellis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>> But has there been a lovelier and sweeter young American at such an event than Sarah Degenhart, who asked the second pro-life question?

I half expected Kerry to answer according to his recent stump speeches - that her views were right-wing extremism. But of course he did not.

Bush effectively busted Kerry for his extreme votes against every moderate attempt to regulate the worst extremes of abortion legislation. Bush would be wise to turn the heat up on this issue.
Ellis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>> But has there been a lovelier and sweeter young American at such an event than Sarah Degenhart, who asked the second pro-life question?

I half expected Kerry to answer according to his recent stump speeches - that her views were right-wing extremism. But of course he did not.

Bush effectively busted Kerry for his extreme votes against every moderate attempt to regulate the worst extremes of abortion legislation. Bush would be wise to turn the heat up on this issue.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry Stiffed - The American Spectator Reply with quote

doll wrote:
azpatriot wrote:
Kerry Stiffed
By Wlady Pleszczynski

ANNANDALE, Va. -- The story line this weekend will be that President Bush did a lot better, and John Kerry not as well, in their second debate.

Sorry guys, but looks like the MSM is giving that jerk the win once again, and at the very least, calling it a draw. The MSM is pathetic and our best bet is to stop listening to all the MSM leftist junk and wait it out for Nov. 2nd when our votes will matter and the the real winner will be named. I am counting on a Bush win and cannot imagine anyone would vote for that traitor, but there are sssssooooommmmmmeeeeeeeee peeeeeeoooople. Mad

The poll from CNN is now showing Bush in the lead:
Bush 58
Kerry 40
Other 2

Guess the 'bots' can't win them all... and the truth is getting out!
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from St. Louis, and I'm here to tell you, we have multiple Walmarts here and we don't even need 'em! Lots of us can afford to go to one of our many retail sporting goods stores and buy flashy spandex windsurfing togs and big daisy zipper pulls for our snowboarding jackets.
We even have us some hairdressers here that could glue down that wig so nothing short of a Florida hurricane could move it, and they charge like trial lawyers, too.

I guess John Kerry doesn't recognize rich people who fit in with average Americans, instead of towering so very far above them on their high, high horse.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, my son makes in excess of the $200 thousand magic mark. He also has three young kids and a wife to support. He also has to save for his kids college educations, pay for his home, cars vacations, medical bills and he tithes 10% to his church. He coaches little league football and baseball. He teaches Sunday School and counsels preteens. He is not rich by any means. He is comfortable. He works hard and contributes to society. So why should John Kerry want to punish my 36 year old son? He is also a small business owner and has 8 employees. Increasing his tax burden will take away the money he needs to grow his business and hire more people. The $200K mark anymore is not rich. Why does John Kerry think that amount is the very wealthiest?????

Rich is Terrreeeezzzza at a billion of her former husband's dollars.

Do we belive that an income of $200K means a person is rich?
depotoo
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of the greatest things Kerry could have done in my opinion WAS make that remark - showing how shallow he really is to all the world to see.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowy wrote:
I'm from St. Louis, and I'm here to tell you, we have multiple Walmarts here and we don't even need 'em! Lots of us can afford to go to one of our many retail sporting goods stores and buy flashy spandex windsurfing togs and big daisy zipper pulls for our snowboarding jackets.
We even have us some hairdressers here that could glue down that wig so nothing short of a Florida hurricane could move it, and they charge like trial lawyers, too.

I guess John Kerry doesn't recognize rich people who fit in with average Americans, instead of towering so very far above them on their high, high horse.

wow, you live in MO and can afford to shop somewhere other than Walmart??? Wink I'm so impressed Wink Wink - I mostly shop at walmart myself.... tho after my last trip the other day, I'm gonna go to kMart from now on... less people, shorter lines.... Walmart doesn't have good service.... anyway,

I am just amazed! I'm now surprised that Kerry lowered himself to go to MO ! I'm sure he took a hot shower when the plane crossed the state line...... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Be sure to let everyone there know how insulting he was to all of you!!! It's just hard to understand how people can think he even came close to 'winning' the debate - if they listen to what he says.... he repeats himself alot...I think he did last night- in the same sentence even!!!!

I've been to MO - St Lous also- had friends that lived there and went to visit them - I like it! also, visited my sister in Joplin - she took me to that place where all the singers go now - but back then there wasn't that much there.... I did buy some fabric at a mill - had to have it shipped home! Ate at a lovely quaint restaurant that I've never forgotten- all I can think of is 'sammy' something - there's a book about the person it is named after.... lovely - ozarks!
on the WAlmart thing - i was kidding - I do shop there(but haven't always) I don't get out much and can't do much, so i just go where I can get a variety of stuff - I don't need much - otherwise, I shop with QVC!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
For the record, my son makes in excess of the $200 thousand magic mark. He also has three young kids and a wife to support.

So why should John Kerry want to punish my 36 year old son? He is also a small business owner and has 8 employees. Increasing his tax burden will take away the money he needs to grow his business and hire more people. The $200K mark anymore is not rich. Why does John Kerry think that amount is the very wealthiest?????

Rich is Terrreeeezzzza at a billion of her former husband's dollars.

Do we belive that an income of $200K means a person is rich?

that's what Bush has been trying to get thru to people - while to me, 200K is like a million bucks, but I know that to small bz owners (sole proprietorships, LLC's, LLP's) that's all taxed as 'income' to them! even tho it isn't all 'their income' .... so it takes away from what they can put back into their bz, benefits for their employees, etc....
I don't understand why other people don't understand that Bush's way is also tthe most fair..... if they PAID taxes, they got a tax cut.... why should they be penalized because they make more and pay more in taxes anyway!!!! of course, that's gonna make their 'cut' more than someone making 30,000 a yr! demos also act like the 600.00 or whatever families got back last yr (was it 300.00 a kid or 600.00 a family?) - hey, I got 300.00 and was thrilled! so was my daughter - think she got 600.00 - she has young kids at home..... that's alot of money to us!!! I'm sure it's a snack to Kerry and the likes of him....
And no one has forced those rich people to KEEP their tax break ! I even emailed Ted Kennedy to ask him to send me his tax break since he didnt' need it.....and guess what???? I never got a response from his pompas a** ! Guess he only really wants to 'give' up his tax credit in the media !!!!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry Stiffed - The American Spectator Reply with quote

azpatriot wrote:
The only worry now is that in Arizona Wednesday the two will again be behind lecterns, which will once again play to Kerry's advantage and Bush's distinct disadvantage.

Why did the Bush team agree to this? It kinda worries me. They should have a "sitting at table" debate like Cheney and Edwards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: