SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great article: Death of Liberalism

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Great article: Death of Liberalism Reply with quote

This is a great article, by Raymond Kraft.

http://www.kgoam810.com/viewentry.asp?ID=316609&PT=PERSONALITIES
MissPatriot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Excellent, excellent article! Thanks for posting the link!

It's really amazing how much I didn't learn in public schools. I learn much more now that I homeschool my own. I'm keeping this article and printing it out for some teaching material. Smile

It sure does put things in perspective, doesn't it?
nccjones
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We can be defeatist, as many Democrats and Liberals, peace-activists and anti-war types seem to be, and concede, surrender, to the Jihad, or we can do whatever it takes to win this war against them.

Wow! That is an awesome article! It totally puts everything into perspective. I'm looking for contact info for Raymond Kraft to tell him how much I appreciate that article.

What's scary is, that history repeats itself and we need to learn from that history, but unfortunately it's more important to teach children about world governments then history.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bookmarked that page and sent the link to a friend of mine who has a lot of liberal coworkers. Thanks for posting this.
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Good post Reply with quote

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. We need to ramp up the fight against the defeatist anti-Americans in the liberal wing of the Democratic Party, which sadly has brought forward a man as candidate who would be a disaster for America if elected.
OKLady
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great article - interesting comparison of Islam having a Reformation/Inquisition conflict and the consequences if the inquisition side wins.

Quote:
We have to help the Reformation win, and to do that we have to fight the Inquisition, i.e., the Wahhabi movement, the Jihad, Al Qaeda, the Islamic terrorist movements.

We have to do it somewhere.

We cannot do it nowhere. And we cannot do it everywhere at once.

We have created a focal point for the battle now at the time and place of our choosing, in Iraq. Not in New York, not in London, or Paris, or Berlin, but in Iraq, where we did and are doing two very important things:

(1) We deposed Saddam Hussein. Whether Saddam Hussein was directly involved in 9/11 or not, it is indisputed that Saddam has been actively supporting the terrorist movement for decades. Saddam is a terrorist. Saddam is, or was, a weapon of mass destruction, who is responsible for the deaths of probably more than a million Iraqis and two million Iranians.

(2) We created a battle, a confrontation, a flash point, with Islamic terrorism in Iraq. We have focused the battle. We are killing bad guys there, and the ones we get there we won't have to get here, or anywhere else. We also have a good shot at creating a democratic, peaceful Iraq, which will be a catalyst for democratic change in the rest of the Middle East, and an outpost for a stabilizing American military presence in the Middle East for as long as it is needed.

The Euros could have done this, but they didn't, and they won't. We now know that rather than opposing the rise of the Jihad, the French, Germans, and Russians were selling them arms - we have found more than a million tons of weapons and munitions in Iraq. If Iraq was not a threat to anyone, why did Saddam need a million tons of weapons?

And Iraq was paying for French, German, and Russian arms with money skimmed from the UN Oil For Food Program (supervised by UN Secretary General Kofi Annan and his son) that was supposed to pay for food, medicine, and education, for Iraqi children.

Part of his conclusion
Quote:
The Liberals are supposed to be in favor of human rights, civil rights, liberty, freedom, and all that. But not for Iraqis, I guess. In America, but nowhere else. 300,000 Iraqi bodies in mass graves in Iraq, not our problem. The US population is about twelve times that of Iraq, so let's multiply 300,000 by twelve. What would you think if there were 3,600,000 American bodies in mass graves in America because of George Bush? Would you want another country to help liberate America?

"Peace Activists" always seem to demonstrate where it's safe and ineffective to do so, in America. Why don't we see Liberal Peace Activists demonstrating in Iran, Syria, Iraq, Sudan, North Korea, in the places in the world that really need peace activism the most?

The Liberals are supposed to be in favor of human rights, civil rights, democracy, multiculturalism, diversity, etc., but if the Jihad wins, wherever the Jihad wins, it is the end of civil rights, human rights, democracy, multiculturalsim, diversity, etc. American Liberals who oppose the liberation of Iraq are coming down on the side of their own worst enemy. If the Jihad wins, it is the death of Liberalism. Everywhere the Jihad wins, it is the death of Liberalism.

And American Liberals just don't get it.

Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: One small correction Reply with quote

The author includes Ireland among the U.S. allies in World War II. Not true. Ireland remained neutral; however, unlike Sweden, which was allegedly neutral but helped the Nazii's war machine with raw materials and trade, Ireland did not. Ireland could not have afforded the repercussions of Sweden's "pro-Nazi neutrality." Sweden is a whore frankly, and no friend of democratic freedoms -- Sweden's elites supported the Vietcong and North Vietnamese. No doubt they would be delighted to have Kerry as president.
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: One small correction Reply with quote

Truegrit wrote:
The author includes Ireland among the U.S. allies in World War II. Not true. Ireland remained neutral; however, unlike Sweden, which was allegedly neutral but helped the Nazii's war machine with raw materials and trade, Ireland did not. Ireland could not have afforded the repercussions of Sweden's "pro-Nazi neutrality." Sweden is a whore frankly, and no friend of democratic freedoms -- Sweden's elites supported the Vietcong and North Vietnamese. No doubt they would be delighted to have Kerry as president.

Even the old Swedish KING backed Hitler and his ideology.

Agree totally, Sweden is another European nation of hippocrites

Need some wood?!?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: