SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's missing from John Kerry's Vocabulary???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
directorblue
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: What's missing from John Kerry's Vocabulary??? Reply with quote

Quote:
For about 9 months, I've been listening to Kerry. I've been trying to put my finger on something thats been bothering me about Kerrys vocabulary and I think I finally figured it out what it was.

Earlier this evening I noticed a parallel between Kerry's Senate testimony in 1971 and something he said today.

In 1971, he said this:

We cannot fight communism all over the world, and I think we should have learned that lesson by now.

Now, bear in mind that when he said this, this was the prevailing world opinion. Communism was something to be tolerated. We had to maintain the status quo.

A great many learned men believed that this was so. It took one man of faith and another of conviction to free the world of the foolish idea that Communism was something that should be tolerated. Today we accept it as a given that Communism has as much relevance in the world as does zoroastianism, but it wasn't always that way.

Today, Kerry said this:

There are 60 countries around the world with al-queda cells in them. Many of these countries have clearer ties to alqueda than did Iraq. Did we invade Russia? Did we Invade China?

Now, to my mind what Kerry was trying to say was obvious. What Kerry said in that little line was the 2004 version of his 1971 defeatist statement.

To paraphrase:

We can't fight Terrorists, and I would have thought we would have learned that by now

Kerry went on to say that sanctions were working and that they did not have to be lifted if we had used the "good diplomacy".

"Good Diplomacy", who talks like that?

And then it hit me, the little nagging thing that had been bothering me for 9 months. It was the word I never heard Kerry use in the context of the Jihadi War.

Kerry does not talk about Victory.

Oh sure, He uses it it terms of himself prevailing over "the evil Bush", but Kerry never discusses the word or the concept of Victory by the Western Democracies. Kerry has said that he would "fight the Terrorists", but Kerry does not use the word "Victory". He has given up before he has started.

Kerry - doesn't believe in Victory. Kerry doesn't believe in us!

...Kerry believes only in Kerry and says so with his every breath. To Kerry, There's no enemy of America worth fighting and no virtue in America worth defending.

From now till election day, We need to buck up our spirits by playing the first few notes of "Beethovens fifth" we need to flash the "V for Victory". We need to remind everyone what our goal is, and that is Victory. It is only by being victorious over the Jihadis that can we have peace. There is no co-existance possible with these murdering parasites. Senator Kerry has said his strategy is to have a "Summit". I say the only "summit" we should have is on the deck of the USS New York after the last Islamic country has had a free election.

Then, and only then, can we have peace...

I need to find some paratooper crickets, I'm getting a real "Longest Day " vibe going here. Bumper stickers? I want to go into a grocery store and hear paratrooper crickets from every corner, and know what it means while the democrat defeatists shake their heads and wonder what that sound means...

http://varifrank.com/archives/2004/10/whats_missing_f.php
Endaar
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems appropriate given the article:

Quote:
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- John Stuart Mill
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice that the he singles out Russia and China as hotbeds for terrorists. Does this make a tie between the terrorists, communism and Kerry?
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me if I'm comparing apples to oranges:

"__1_believed that___2_ had been badly treated by__3_ after it was defeated in__4__. He therefore thought that the ___5_ government had genuine grievances and these needed to be addressed. He also thought that by agreeing to some of the demands being made by __6_ and _7__ he could avoid war."

1. Neville Chamberlain 2. Germany 3. Allies 4. WW1 5. German 6. Hitler 7. Mussolini

Can we substitute Kerry and other names into this quote. I found it on a Neville Chamberlain website? Thank God he was replaced by Winston Churchill.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimlarsen wrote:
Notice that the he singles out Russia and China as hotbeds for terrorists. Does this make a tie between the terrorists, communism and Kerry?

Kerry forgot the French and there is a commie connection to Kerry. Lets just remember how he sold out a generation of Viet Nam Vets and met with the Vietnames in France, ah, the French and commies again. That man is a treasonous traitor and should be held up for the war crimes he said HE committed! Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: