SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some good news links (Sunday, 10 Oct)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Some good news links (Sunday, 10 Oct) Reply with quote

Nobody seems to have posted these today, so for your reading pleasure here are links to some good articles:

"Kerry can forget more foreign help on Iraq"
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04284/392815.stm

"Kerry's Canyon flop still echos"
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/viewpoints/articles/1010maceachern1010.html

"Kerry's Flip-Flop on Saddam's Terror Ties"
http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/31484.htm

"Edwards has a little growing up to do"
http://www.suntimes.com/output/steyn/cst-edt-steyn10.html

Then for a disturbing outlook at what might be in store for the Democrat Party, and particularly if Kerry wins, read:

"Fight Looms for the heart and soul of the Democratic Party"
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/10/10/INGEF94FCU1.DTL
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Anker. I always enjoy the Good News Links. Razz
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading the "Left" article, I found some statements that concerned me.....

With Bush vanquished, the Democrats' internal battles will begin.

"We're going to celebrate with John Kerry the night of Nov. 2. But the morning of Nov. 3, we're going to start organizing to take the party away from him, because we have serious disagreements about what the party should stand for and where this country needs to go," said one activist at the "What We Stand For" conference, Bertha Lewis, co-chair of the Working Families Party in New York state and a leader in the grassroots antipoverty group, ACORN.

and then later in the article was this:

If Bush is defeated, the battle will unfold more gradually. The left will probably cooperate with Kerry on some issues and fight him on others, while it focuses on building the media, research and grassroots institutions that can swing the party in its direction.

Doesn't this sound like state run propaganda? And what do they mean by "swing the party in its direction"??

And lastly, there was this...

In any case, none of this new thinking and activism on the left would have happened if Bush had not pursued such an extreme course as president.

Ummm I think 9/11 had a lot to do with where our country is today.

What made be uneasy about this document was that I felt like I was reading the political war plans of a coup d'e tat.

Please tell me I've gone mad from reading too many politcal books.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What made be uneasy about this document was that I felt like I was reading the political war plans of a coup d'e tat.

Yep, you got it! Whether they are successful or not remains to be seen. And I truly do not know how many feel this way, though I think it is a lot - like up to maybe 1/2 of the Democratic Party. All the author says is up in the wind is how aggressively they try to pursue this; if Kerry wins, the battle will begin in full immediately, and if Bush wins, it will take a little longer.
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually if I was a middle of the road or right leaning democrat that article might make think very seriously about who I was going to vote for.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump (so it doesn't get lost before the evening's over). Actually I mis-titled it. I meant "good links" not necessarily "good news." EVERYBODY really should read that last link. Daddy Warbucks, a.k.a., George Soros, will be financing this revolution!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: