SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If Kerry is interviewed by Bill O'Reilly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: If Kerry is interviewed by Bill O'Reilly Reply with quote

If Kerry agrees to go on Bill O'Reilly, he can certainly expect to be asked about his military service records. I can't imagine O'Reilly not bringing that up. Here's a taste of how the interview might run.

BOR: Now, Senator, you know at lot of people out there have been asking you why you don't release all of your military service records? Why don't you release them and get that issue off the table?

KERRY: Bill, this election isn't about something that happened 35 years ago, this election is about the problems Americans face now, and the problems created by the war in Iraq.

BOR: Senator, with all due respect, you're ducking my question. What's with the refusal to release your service records? A lot of people think you're trying to hide something.

KERRY: I have released my records. You can find them posted on my Web site.

BOR: All of your records? What I hear is that you've released just a few pages, so what's going on here, Senator.

KERRY: Bill this election isn't about Vietnam. That was over 30 years ago. I served with honor and distinction. Even President Bush agrees with that. Those who have tried to smear my service in the Navy.....etc., etc.

In short -- if Kerry does go on the air with BOR, expect something like the above to transpire. He'll be ducking that question for sure. He'll get the same question if he agrees to a news conference, and perhaps other potentially explosive and embarrassing questions. Expect him to refuse to give a straight answer.

Sadly, John McCain and President Bush have helped him slip the noose on that one -- by failing to attack Kerry on his post-Vietnam anti-war activities, not to mention the fact that some of his medals were probably obtained by his having gamed the reporting system in the Navy.

Last edited by Truegrit on Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, personally I don't think BOR will be as tenacious as you depict, but if he were to be, I think you're probably absolutely correct.

So why, then, does anyone want JFK to appear on BOR (besides BOR)?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given BORs leanings of late, if they do meet, I expect soft questions trying to appear hard. If he asks at all about Kerry's military record, he will accept that Kerry has released them all and it is just another Republican smear campaign.

Sorry, but I just don't trust anything from BOR anymore. Sad
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the feeling Bill is leaning to Kerry...the other day he made the comment on something and replied to it by saying, this almost makes me want to vote for Bush..
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who wants to watch BOR and Kerry play footsie? THe only way Kerry would answer the hard questions would be if there was a reporter who wouldn't LET him evade the question and change the subject. BOR is NOT that reporter. It would have to be somebody like a Brit Hume or Tony Snow who would just keep hammering on him until he answered the question and if he refused to give a straight answer, that the reporter would make a POINT of saying "well senator, it appears you aren't going to give a straight answer to this question...so it looks to me like you are trying to hide something. But we'll move on since you aren't going to be forthcoming with the American people".

THAT would stir the crap. Kerry would be peeing down his leg. Rolling Eyes
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't expect Kerry to go on BOR unless it looks like he can't win and he needs somekind of desperation move (which could happen). BOR has definitely gone left lately, but he's still unpredictible and it would be a risk for Kerry to go on, and Kerry hasn't been a risk taker in this campaign.
8dayweek
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcknz wrote:
I don't expect Kerry to go on BOR unless it looks like he can't win and he needs somekind of desperation move (which could happen). BOR has definitely gone left lately, but he's still unpredictible and it would be a risk for Kerry to go on, and Kerry hasn't been a risk taker in this campaign.

Actually, Kerry is the biggest risk taker of all. He took the risk that a traitor and liar with a horrible 20 year record in the Senate could sneak into the White House by just not being Bush, never having to utter a coherent word. He almost succeded too. But I don't think he will. The siftvets got the ball rolling on his demise, and now he's even pitching in. Very Happy
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only has Kerry refused any "tough" interviews (possibly with exception to Diane Sawyer, but that wasnt meant to be tough, he just screwed up!), but his so called press conferences have been very lackluster. In Colorado prior to the last debate he made a speech, then said he was open for questions. BUT, he said he promised a certain reporter a question first, so he had the right to ask the first question. It was a local Colorado guy who asked something along the lines of a (and help me with this here people from Colorado) vote to split the electoral votes instead of handing them all to one of the candidate (example if Bush wins CO he gets 5 electoral, Kerry gets 4). Obviously, this was a softball to Kerry, he knew the question and said it was up to the people of Colorado. Then Kerry fielded another question, this time a random one from the press. During the course of Kerry's answer, Kerry said that Saddam was a threat. The questioner interjected that just 5 minutes prior, Kerry said "President Bush fictionalized the threat of Saddam"(paraphrased). Kerry was visibly upset at the interjection of the reporter, finished his response and fielded no further questions, ending his press conference. After President Bush is beraded (sp?) with difficult questions at Press Conferences, Senator Kerry holds an impromptu question session, and then leaves when called out on his "flip flops". Unbelievable!
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR will NOT I repeat will NOT ask any "touch" questions.

He will ONLY ask a touch question if feels Kerry is "toast", he will "hedge" his bets and want to stay in the Kerry "loop".

He will agree the Swiftboats "thing" was a terrible injustice against Kerry.

Bla bla bla ... BOR will also "talk" the majoiry of the time, enjoying the 'face time' on the camera. He will turn the interview into a discussion about BOR.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rparrott21 wrote:
I get the feeling Bill is leaning to Kerry...the other day he made the comment on something and replied to it by saying, this almost makes me want to vote for Bush..

I perceived this also, and I heard him say it too. BOR has changed in the last couple of months and he was wrong to call his show, "The No Spin Zone", because he has been spinning it left for the last several months and I am sick of it.

As a matter of fact, I noticed that FOX News in general, with a few exceptions, has for the most part seemed to be leaning more left. Their "fair and balanced" mantra is wearing thin. Mad

Liberal press is getting to them and they are sucumbing to it! Mad
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember how the "decision tree" works with BOR:

What is the BEST for BOR, if he can kiss Kerry's ass and get him to come in for a interview etc , if he feels he can get into the MSM by dumping on his historical audience he WILL.

It's not about principle but about always and forever about BOR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: