SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will it be too late?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Will it be too late? Reply with quote

At first I thought that somebody should hold something back against Kerry for the last week of the campaign, like the Gore campaign did 4 years ago concerning Bush's DUI (which ended up making it so close).
But now I am wondering if I was wrong.
The MSM was against Bush 4 years ago so they were eager to make the DUI story the main story every night the last few days of the campaign, and they made sure that everybody in the whole country knew about it.
BUT THE MSM IS VERY SLOW TO BROADCAST ANY NEGATIVES ABOUT KERRY WHATSOEVER. The Swift Vets and the forged documents are examples. The Swift Vets got no coverage from the MSM at all, until they put out their TV ads; then they were all over the internet & talk radio; THEN the MSM started doing stories, but not about the charges against Kerry, but about defaming the Swift Vets. The MSM also ignored the forged documents at CBS story until it was all over the internet and talk radio. When they did mention it, a lot of the focus was on the people in pajamas on the internet, etc., and not on CBS.
SO, if the Swiftees are holding something back against Kerry, I hope they do not hold it back too long. If they release it too late the MSM could just let it blow by and not make any mention of it until after the election is over. Timing is crucial, as is the limited ability to get a message out.
I just hope that these things will be considered.
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In politics it's never to late.
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcknz - I have been following the Swiftees since August and have learned to have great confidence in the Admiral and John O'Neill and the rest of the team. They are some very intelligent and clever folks, and I believe they are taking into consideration all the relative factors to ensure maximum impact when they fire for effect. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of whatever they're going to unleash!! I think your points are well conceived and considered, but I think the Swiftees have probably already entered them into their calculations. Keep the faith, keep positive thoughts, and keep up the good fight!Smile
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacan70UDN wrote:
mcknz - I have been following the Swiftees since August and have learned to have great confidence in the Admiral and John O'Neill and the rest of the team. They are some very intelligent and clever folks, and I believe they are taking into consideration all the relative factors to ensure maximum impact when they fire for effect. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of whatever they're going to unleash!! I think your points are well conceived and considered, but I think the Swiftees have probably already entered them into their calculations. Keep the faith, keep positive thoughts, and keep up the good fight!Smile

My own little October surprise on the issue of Bush being smarter than Kerry is timed for October 18. While the story is being released by UPI I am not going to trust the old media to get the word out. I am also collecting email addresses for the blogs and will blitz all media on that date.

Blog email addresses are appreciated. if you have favorites please pass them along here, or PM, or email me. My email address is in my SwiftVet forum profile.

Sam
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on, Tacan!

"The other side" would just LOVE for everyone who has last minute surprises in store for Traitor John to give them a clue as to what it is, wouldn't they?

And Swifts are not the only group with a few cards up their sleeves. Wink

The Swifts have done an incredible job, exposing this pretender for the turkey that he is.

I trust them and I'm proud to be here with you all. The amount of work done on behalf of the Swifts by our members is just staggering.

Thank you to all of our participants who write letters to the editor, to broadcast sponsors, to television stations, to Congress-critters.

If I had the power, I think I would declare an absolute moratorium (remember that word?) on worrying and poll results on this board. Wink

Don't you think the "other side" just eats it up when they see depression or negativity on this board? It energizes them to see someone here "down."

Look at what this group of honorable, principled men have accomplished - they have been the single most effective campaign element, so far. This is cause for "Thank you, Lord!" and "What can I do next?"

These men have turned a viable candidate into a joke among the people who could put his candidacy down all by themselves if they chose to - the VETERANS!

Pick yourselves up when you get down - read the jokes thread - read one of these mindless editorials that makes you mad enough to write a letter and then write one.

Make sure that all the vets and military that you know are getting their absentee ballots or that they have a ride to the polls on election day.

Action is the antidote to worry! Keep 'er rolling - get 'er done!
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll post it again.

Prediction from Seer Sam

Bush 58% Kerry 40% Nader 2%

Bush gets 350 electoral votes

Also, I have been saying for some time that Osama will bite the dust along with other dramatic victories against terrorism, WMD will be found, the economy will take a leap forward, and Iraq will suddenly become peaceful, just in time for the election.

I know, Iknow. Optimistic and unrealistic. Yup. Thats me. I am looking forward to a great Thanksgiving.

I am cynical about one thing Can we get the old media to cover these stories for all the citizens who do not get their news from the net?

Are you absolutely sure that when Bush wins it will be reported?

Sam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the MSM is forced to face reality and report a Bush win they will be choking all over themselves!!!!!!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy
Somebunny
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doll wrote:
When the MSM is forced to face reality and report a Bush win they will be choking all over themselves!!!!!!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy

Of course, that will be after they declare Kerry as the "projected winner."
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually won the presidency, that is, right before I lost the presidency!
(signed)
JfnK----- the newest member of the Al Gore sore loser club Wink
Fphamm
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think that the media puppets need their mouths gagged until Nov 3rd then they can say who the project winning...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: