SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Christian Conservatives
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Christian Conservatives Reply with quote

As America wades into another presidential election, many evangelical Christians say their beliefs are under assault by the government and mainstream culture, a feeling bolstered by leaders of "profamily" groups who vow to convert that anxiety into votes come November -- to re-elect those already running the country.

"Let's Take America Back!" goes the current campaign of the Christian Coalition. Alan Keyes, candidate for the U.S. Senate in Illinois and founder of Renew America, a conservative political action group, warns that "American liberty is under internal attack as never before in our history."

At the same time, scholars who study the nexus of religion and policy say recent victories in the courts, in state legislatures and in Washington, D.C., have given religious conservatives greater influence than at any time since the Temperance Movement, which led to Prohibition in 1919.

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/10/11/Worldandnation/Evangelicals_sway_pol.shtml

If you are a Christian Conservative continue to pray for the re-election of George W. Bush and also make sure that all of the other Christian Conservatives that you know go to the polls and vote. If we have this much potential influence it must not be wasted.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Christian Conservatives have everything to lose if Kerry should be elected. They will lose their very last chance to be heard and to have any representation in our government. This is not the time for a protest vote. Every protest vote works against the voter's goal.

Only in a free America with a President that faithfully takes into his decision making, the fundamental beliefs of Americans, diverse as that is, can we all live in peace.

I pray they go to the polls and not stay home in protest. Conservative Christians must make their collective voice heard. God charged us with the responsiblity to spread his love and his word. President Bush has stood up for his faith, he has never denied God.... we must support him now more than ever.
So let's all meet at the polls and cast a vote with a prayer. God Bless! CTW

Never Ever Kerry
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the true Christians in this country would get energized and off their butts on election day, Bush WILL win in a landslide.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one has perfected his own religion, so even conservative Christians find things to complain about with Bush. But we should be grateful for a man whose belief in God is more than just a strategic advantage to be dusted off and used only when campaigning or when polling badly.

Faith was the reason many of the original settlers came to this country, the guideline for its laws, the motivation for the hard work and sacrifice that made it strong. Those who think we can go forward by stuffing our embarassing, unsophisticated old faith into a closet should first tell us where they recommend we look to examine the success of entirely secular nations.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I consider myself a Christian Conservative and I don't see how people cannot vote for Bush if they consider themselves to be one also.

I haven't seen a President use so much talk of faith since Reagan and get so much heat for it. It's funny beccause something like 70% or higher consider themselves to be Christian or follow those values according to polls a few years ago.

Just having Bush in office has made me feel more open about faith and not as if I have to hide it as much. I'll admit that I have been yelled at and even told I was stupid by people I considered to be friends when they find out about my faith. I no longer consider people like that friends and in this day and age you might even get your ass kicked for uttering your faith in the wrong place. But it's okay for them to scream their values from every rooftop Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a conservative Christian. I can tell you their is a great outpouring of preachers who have spoken out against the lack of Christian convervatives who did not even vote in the 2000 election. Note that this years registration turn out is the highest it has been in over ten years.

Aside from this as our moral responsibilty, it is also our responsibility as Americans to vote. We cannot sit back, not vote, then complain about what we see that we do not like. We should not be voting in accordance to what our politicians promise to do that will benefit us personally, welfare, health care, etc., although these are important issues. We must cast our vote according to the record and morals of our candidates.

Bush has never hid the fact that he is a born again believer. He has never denied the sanctity of prayer and has encouraged all Americans to rely on their faith to guide them. He does not support abortion.

Kerry on the other hand proclaims to be a Catholic and says he does not
believe in abortion. He said, "life begins at conception", yet he votes against the ban for partial birth abortion. He goes to a Baptist Church in Florida with Revs. Jackson and Sharpton not for prayer or spiritual guidance but to elicit more votes. He told the Pope to mind his own business when the Pope spoke out against his stand on abortion and stem cell research, because that would mean he wants more baby killing. Can you imagine that? A Catholic telling the Pope to mind his own busines? But Kerry did just that! New Flash! Catholics are the Popes business!

A prominent democrat took out a full page add in the NYT's challenging JK's stance on abortion. This democrat is a devout Catholic.

If you do not vote, you do not have the right to have an opinion, whether you are a conservative Christian, or a liberal.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My neighbor's Catholic church has been handing out flyers over past few weeks showing the difference between Bush and Kerry as well Cheney and Edwards.

It onloy list facts like voting records and what bill the Pres has signed or not and what he did as a govenor.

There is no difference if you are a Christian or Catholic. What gets me is so many Catholics have voted Democrat for years! What the heck is up with that! I hope this year is the wake up call.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SangRun Hunter wrote:
I consider myself a Christian Conservative and I don't see how people cannot vote for Bush if they consider themselves to be one also.

I haven't seen a President use so much talk of faith since Reagan and get so much heat for it. It's funny beccause something like 70% or higher consider themselves to be Christian or follow those values according to polls a few years ago.

Actually Clinton mentioned God/Religion/Faith about 4 times as much as Bush does --- there is a recent book on this subject....Clinton also used visits to churches as photo ops ---many many Sunday morning photos of Clinton going to church ---Bible in hand----

Reminded me of the little girls I went to church with that always elbowed me to go forward to be "saved" and then were making-out in the back of the church bus on the way home.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SangRun Hunter wrote:
My neighbor's Catholic church has been handing out flyers over past few weeks showing the difference between Bush and Kerry as well Cheney and Edwards.

It onloy list facts like voting records and what bill the Pres has signed or not and what he did as a govenor.

There is no difference if you are a Christian or Catholic. What gets me is so many Catholics have voted Democrat for years! What the heck is up with that! I hope this year is the wake up call.

The only thing Catholics and Evangelical Christians have in common is their belief in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Beyond that they separate in views, such as the of diefying Mary and the cannonizing of saints.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:
SangRun Hunter wrote:

Actually Clinton mentioned God/Religion/Faith about 4 times as much as Bush does --- there is a recent book on this subject....Clinton also used visits to churches as photo ops ---many many Sunday morning photos of Clinton going to church ---Bible in hand----

Reminded me of the little girls I went to church with that always elbowed me to go forward to be "saved" and then were making-out in the back of the church bus on the way home.

The problem I have with him is I never equated that man as a man of faith. (Real Faith)
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doll wrote:
SangRun Hunter wrote:

It only list facts like voting records and what bill the Pres has signed or not and what he did as a govenor.

The only thing Catholics and Evangelical Christians have in common is their belief in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Beyond that they separate in views, such as the of diefying Mary and the cannonizing of saints.

Almost my entire extended family is Catholic. I was baptized Catholic by my parenst in 1969 because that is what the family did. My Mom and Dad weren't too thrilled about being Catholic though and didn't raise me that way.

I'ma born again that found faith after being a self proclaimed atheist for some years.

I understand the differences and the duality of both groups. It still boogles me that Catholics would vote Demo since any ordinary person should be able to see the left wing has taken the Demos to the hate religion and faith party. It's okay if you're a Muslim though Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SangRun Hunter wrote:
I understand the differences and the duality of both groups. It still boogles me that Catholics would vote Demo since any ordinary person should be able to see the left wing has taken the Demos to the hate religion and faith party. It's okay if you're a Muslim though Rolling Eyes

That is so totally true. And did you notice how JK during Friday nights debate mentioned first, "Muslims", then the "Christians and Jews"? He is such a creep in MH opinion.

As for Catholics always voting Democratic, I am not sure if that is always true, but it does seem to be a norm always stated in the MSM. I also was baptized a Catholic and raised as such, before I was Born Again. I can tell you my parents voted for JFK, but after that they were staunch republicans all they way. Voted Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush Sr., Dole, and then of course for our present President, George W. Bush.

I think maybe the dems are just trying to again lie to us to sway the masses by having us perceive that most Catholics vote democratic, because this is not my experience at all. Most, because I would be lying if I say all Catholics, do not believe in abortion. Ad least the ones I know do not.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a practicing Catholic AND a Born Again Christian!
Jesus Christ is the center of my life. He is my Lord and Saviour.
Let's not get into a denominational debate here. We are ALL Christians.
When the Supreme Court declared abortion legal in 1973
the Catholic Church was right out there standing against it.

I think Catholics, long before Roe v. Wade, traditionally voted
Democratic based on pocket book issues, "union membership",
"Democrats were for the middle class/Republicans were for
the rich", etc.

My parents always voted democrat, until Ronald Reagan put
Pro-Life in the Republican Platform. We have all voted
Republican since then.

Things have changed. Our bishops have been telling
Catholics that they must consider the candidate's position
on abortion when they vote.

Polls show that this year the majority of Catholic vote is
going to Bush.

There is a 527 Group, Catholics Against Kerry.com
running ads targeting Catholics to vote for Bush.

They have been very successful. Note, they targeted Pennsylvania
with their ads in late August, because PA has a large Catholic
population. Not long after the ads ran, Pennsylvania started
swinging to Bush.

My best friend is a Baptist, and she says some people in her Church
won't vote because they are Democrats and just don't like Bush.

I guess my point is we all have to work together to get " ALL" the
Christians out to vote and to vote LIFE.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The optimal word about Clinton is that he "mentioned" religion, I am not in a position to judge but I wouldn't take his chances on Judgement Day.
clpeters23
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]

Reminded me of the little girls I went to church with that always elbowed me to go forward to be "saved" and then were making-out in the back of the church bus on the way home.[/quote]

The problem I have with him is I never equated that man as a man of faith. (Real Faith)[/quote]

Clinton's a major con man and snake oil salesman. He's extremely polished, very good at being all things to all people and is morally bankrupt..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: