SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Retired Gen. Franks criticizes Kerry's record

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Retired Gen. Franks criticizes Kerry's record Reply with quote

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/10/10/state2312EDT0084.DTL

>>Retired Gen. Tommy Franks launched a four-state campaign swing for President Bush by criticizing Sen. John Kerry's anti-Vietnam War activities and voting record on the military.

Franks, former commander of forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, faulted Kerry's votes on major weapons systems and intelligence issues, and against the 1991 Gulf War.

"If his voting record ruled the day, Saddam Hussein would not only be running Iraq but Kuwait," Franks told about 200 people Sunday at a Reno rally.

"The choice is very, very clear. We need decisive, strong, no-backing-down and no-equivocating leadership," he said.

Franks praised the Democratic challenger's military service during the Vietnam War, but said Kerry's later anti-war activities upset him.

"The men I served with in Vietnam weren't war criminals and I'm proud I served with them," Franks said.<<
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see how they denigrate and smear him now Sad
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry spokesman accused him of reading Karl Rove's talking points.

Last edited by neverforget on Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kerry never branded any U.S. troops in Vietnam as war criminals, Smith added." This guy drank a gallon of kool-aide.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry and camp sure are going all out to insult people and make fun of them.... I heard on tv today (had to be tv.... unless my dogs told me) that someone (female) at the - get this- church service Kerry was at today made them all laugh by imitating (her version) of W's 'swagger' - I'm waiting to see that rementioned - replayed on CNN and Msnbc.... got my tape ready to roll.... I 've also heard kerry imitating (trying to) W's voice... or was it cheney's? doesn't matter..... aren't they just what you want as an example for your children..... just what you'd want to represent our country?????

And you know, I have never believed that it was because of Bush that people around the world dislike him/us.... it's the nasty mouthed senators, reps, celebrities etc - downgrading us etc..... if they do it, why shouldn't people of other countries???? I've never in all my years heard such nastiness out of the mouths of adult people in high positions.... (high - right)
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love Tommy Franks !!! Smile
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too Stevie, I'm glad that he is out there.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gen. Franks did a dynamite interview on Hannity's radio program. He stated that he was told personally by several foreign leaders that Sadaam did have WMDs.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their strategy is deny, deny, deny. They know most people will not check out what the surrogates say. This morning I heard a woman say that it is not true that Kerry did not sign the release papers, that all his papers have been released and that Bush has not released all of his. Totally wrong but there is a group of people that will believe it on the basis of deny.

neverforget wrote:
"Kerry never branded any U.S. troops in Vietnam as war criminals, Smith added." This guy drank a gallon of kool-aide.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next time they deny that someone should just start reading the testimony Kerry gave. That shouls shut the idiots up.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching Fox news when the Kerry supporter said it. The Fox news guy did not challange her. She said it and he was not prepared or was not allowed to disprove what she said.

buffman wrote:
The next time they deny that someone should just start reading the testimony Kerry gave. That shouls shut the idiots up.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy Franks is an integral part of destroying a large part of Kerry's criticism of both wars. Kerry ran his mouth off about the Tora Bora campaign, Franks should clearly state the reasons we used Afghan militia. Also Franks should hammer at the Kerry criticism of the diverting resources away from the OBL search. Finally, Franks should bust him for the criticism given to Bush over the "mission accomplished" thing. Kerry is a distorter of the truth--Franks is widely trusted as an honest soldier with uncommon valor and integrity the American people can relate to.
Endaar
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry ran his mouth off about the Tora Bora campaign, Franks should clearly state the reasons we used Afghan militia.

Franks did this, I think on Hannity's radio show. His comment was something along the lines of Tora Bora being one point of intelligence as to where OBL was, and at any given point there were 80 different points of intel. on his location. IE, there was really nothing indicating OBL was definately in Tora Bora.

To me, the whole concept of having let him get away is absurd. I'm sure there were & are Special Forces operating to find him, and that's something that would probably never be public anyway.

Endaar
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry & Edwards are rear-view mirror thinkers. They wanted us to have fought a war in Afghanistan in the same manner the Soviets (unsuccessfully) did it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Retired Gen. Franks criticizes Kerry's record Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/10/10/state2312EDT0084.DTL

>>Retired Gen. Tommy Franks launched a four-state campaign swing for President Bush by criticizing Sen. John Kerry's anti-Vietnam War activities and voting record on the military.

Franks, former commander of forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, faulted Kerry's votes on major weapons systems and intelligence issues, and against the 1991 Gulf War.

"If his voting record ruled the day, Saddam Hussein would not only be running Iraq but Kuwait," Franks told about 200 people Sunday at a Reno rally.

"The choice is very, very clear. We need decisive, strong, no-backing-down and no-equivocating leadership," he said.

Franks praised the Democratic challenger's military service during the Vietnam War, but said Kerry's later anti-war activities upset him.

"The men I served with in Vietnam weren't war criminals and I'm proud I served with them," Franks said.<<

God bless Gen. Tommy Franks. KERRY IS NO WAR HERO. He is a treasous traitor that should have been held up in court for treason during a time of war, THEN AND NOW. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: