SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry uses Reeve in politically insensitve way

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Kerry uses Reeve in politically insensitve way Reply with quote

In the debate (Oct Cool Kerry uses Christopher Reeve as an example for stem cell research says Christopher Reeve is a friend of his and how he wants him to walk again. If he was really a friend of his don't you think he'd know about his health on Fri. before he died on Sun? Fox just played the tape after a short tribute to Reeve. I was disgusted when I saw that.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Cris Reeve is dead now so I guess that they can use HIS stem
cells.

Sorry, not real sensitive on Monday mornings.
Proud of my VietVet Dad!
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the same thing. They said he had been suffering from an infection. Would he even have mentioned him if he knew he was that ill? And if he's such good friends, will he be attending the funeral? Somehow, I doubt it.
nccjones
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And if he's such good friends, will he be attending the funeral?

Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if he did attend his funeral, it would be a great political statement....unfortunately.

God Bless the Reeve family.
smalltowngirl
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reeves comment Reply with quote

I was watching Fox and Friends this a.m. and they said that Reeves said himself that stem-cell research wouldn't have helped him,but could help others with different afflictions. Kerry didn't mention this when he used Reeves to make his case for stem-cell research during the debate. Yet again, twisting the truth.
blackwatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet he will be there at the funeral. What a statement for him. Not thinking about the suffering of the family but what it will do for him. He could even include it in a advert for stem cell research. I would put nothing passed him after seeing him at the Baptist church on Sunday then he popped over to another church and then just to cover himself he went to a Catholic Church what a hypocryte. I just wish those people would see what he is really like.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is stem cell research...I agree with Bush....don't take a life to save a life...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry uses Reeve in politically insensitve way Reply with quote

deserturtle wrote:
In the debate (Oct Cool Kerry uses Christopher Reeve as an example for stem cell research says Christopher Reeve is a friend of his and how he wants him to walk again. If he was really a friend of his don't you think he'd know about his health on Fri. before he died on Sun? Fox just played the tape after a short tribute to Reeve. I was disgusted when I saw that.

Kerry would use a dog if he thought that would help him win! What a *******! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Chris Reeve Reply with quote

I wouldn't put it past Kerry to try to use Reeve's death for political advantage on the stem-cell issue.

The Bush Administration (and Bush himself during the third debate, if the subject is raised) must make a clear distinction between ADULT stem cells and EMBRYONIC stem cells. Using ADULT stem cells does not kill the donor, and some clinical tests have shown positive results in helping disease victims. Using EMBRYONIC stem cells kills the embryo, and all clinical tests have been failures or worse (adverse effects on patients receiving the cells).

Kerry has tried to paint this issue as Bush favoring ethics over science. The TRUTH is that Bush is correct on BOTH the ethics AND the science.

There is also another promising, ethical possibility for obtaining stem cells--human placentas and umbilical cord blood. Both are normally discarded after a live birth, so using them harms neither the mother nor the newborn child, and these stem cells may have more potential for diversification than adult stem cells.

This is not the first case of Kerry trying to use other people's pain for his own gain. Remember his sending the "triplegic" Senator Cleland to Crawford, Texas to plead against SBVT ads? This man has no shame!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!!! I just heard the whole statement JK made about Chris Reeves.
First, let me state Fox News had one of his Drs. on this morning and he said," CR made great strides in helping the quadraplegics". Kerry in his statement said, "CR helped find cures for quadraplegics".

This man needs to stop putting his spin on everything, including this tragic loss.

I guess JK thinks we are not listening. Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: