SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Book: "Unfit Commander" mimics UFC look &
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: New Book: "Unfit Commander" mimics UFC look & Reply with quote

You have to read and see for yourselve...here is the link to the original story.....

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?print=yes&id=5324

and here is the story itself....

Quote:
ReganBooks Rips Off Regnery

Posted Oct 11, 2004
Monday, October 11, 2004. -- New York-based ReganBooks today unveiled an anti-Bush book, Unfit Commander, in an apparent effort to capitalize on the hyper-successful anti-Kerry book by Regnery Publishing, Unfit for Command.

Surprisingly, ReganBooks, a generally highly regarded publisher, lifted virtually every aspect of the Regnery book's appearance -- the title, colors, layout, font, even the finger-pointing style of the picture used on the jacket all mimic Regnery's effective cover.

Perhaps the imitation should come as no surprise, given the success of Unfit for Command. Sources at Regnery (a HUMAN EVENTS sister company) say that almost 500,000 copies of Unfit for Command have already sold, and tens of thousands continue to sell each week. Unfit for Command was #1 on the New York Times Best-Seller list for four weeks, and is currently #3.

Regan, an imprint of HarperCollins (in turn a subsidiary of News Corporation, the same company that owns the Fox News Channel), was once known for its well-published conservative books, including those by Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, and Robert Bork. Regan has seemingly done the ultimate flip-flop however, in now publishing this anti-Bush attack book.
Copyright © 2004 HUMAN EVENTS. All Rights Reserved.

Disgusting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever noticed how the Dems never seem to come up with any original ideas? If there is a good idea, they copy it or adapt it. If there is a truthful fact, they lie about it.
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue 'em Evil or Very Mad

Stolen Honor
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wynne wrote:
Have you ever noticed how the Dems never seem to come up with any original ideas? If there is a good idea, they copy it or adapt it. If there is a truthful fact, they lie about it.

Commies are sort of like that are they not?
bhlewis
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush should have killed this issue for good after the fake memos came out. There were a few people then coming out discrediting their claims, now they've got a book out so its kindof too late. I wonder if they have info from the fake memo's in the book.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wynne wrote:

you took the words right out of my mouth! just like Kerry's 'plan'.... he seems to be following Bush all the time..... just doesn't have a thought of his own on ths does he????

in a local paper here opposite editorials, there's a column where people can 'call in' their comments.... one person said that once Kerry/Edeards are in office, they'll send everyone the 'secret decoded ring' to their 'plan' !!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this considered plagiarism? SUE!!!
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this new anti-Bush "Unfit Commander" book truly is an answer to "Unfit for Command", I will look forward to reading the fully attributed supporting evidence, the extensive footnoting, and the sworn affidavits which this new book must certainly contain if it purports to be a legitimate factual exposé of the same caliber as "Unfit for Command" clearly is.

I also look forward to this book receiving a bashing in the MSM press, similar to the sorry coverage of "Unfit for Command", as well as dozens of disgustingly hostile interviews of its author!
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I laugh ! It just shows the pathetic desperation of the left ! I hope that someone spent a small fortune on this and I hope that some others dump this publisher immediately. And yet we still don't know what the "Plan" is !
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Amazon review:

Shameless Political Nonesense, October 11, 2004

Reviewer: Gregory C. Sneddon (Dublin, CA) - See all my reviews

No doubt written from the same typewritter CBS used for it's forged memos used in the 60 Minutes show. This is a transparent attempt to steal the amazing popularity of "Unfit for Command" a best seller by John O'Niell and Joe Corsi.
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet Barnes & Noble and Borders will have stocked shelves of this.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book is written by Glenn W. Smith, founder of Texans For Truth. This could get VERY VERY interesting. Tonight, on Scarborough Country @ 10pm Eastern, both Smith & John O'Neill will be on interviewed/debating. I wonder if John O'Neill, being the calm rational, state the facts kinda guy will lay into Smith for 'copying the cover" among other things?
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ord33 wrote:
The book is written by Glenn W. Smith, founder of Texans For Truth. This could get VERY VERY interesting. Tonight, on Scarborough Country @ 10pm Eastern, both Smith & John O'Neill will be on interviewed/debating. I wonder if John O'Neill, being the calm rational, state the facts kinda guy will lay into Smith for 'copying the cover" among other things?

thanks for the heads-up...sounds like another TiVo moment!!! Laughing
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in the local Borders store yesterday and saw a set of books with the back facing...someone had taken the time to turn all of these books around...got a chuckle out of it Very Happy If I go in there tonight I will turn them around again.
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa Alwood wrote:
I was in the local Borders store yesterday and saw a set of books with the back facing...someone had taken the time to turn all of these books around...got a chuckle out of it Very Happy If I go in there tonight I will turn them around again.

All pro-Kerry books should be turned upside down, backwards, even burned (hehe) Cool - in honor of what he did to dis-honor our nation's colors...what a traitor he is...and unapologetically so...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: