SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May 23, 2005--The Americans With No Abilities Act (AWNA)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: May 23, 2005--The Americans With No Abilities Act (AWNA) Reply with quote

May 23, 2005

WASHINGTON, DC (AP) - Congress approved sweeping legislation, which provides new benefits for many Americans. The Americans With No Abilities Act (AWNA), signed into law today by President John Kerry, is being hailed as a major victory by advocates of the millions of Americans who lack any real skills or ambition.

"Roughly 50 percent of Americans do not possess the competence and drive necessary to carve out a meaningful role for themselves in society," said Kerry, a longtime AWNA member. "This is why so many of them voted for me. We can no longer stand by and allow people with no ability to be ridiculed and passed over. With this legislation, employers will no longer be able to grant special favors such as higher pay and promotions to those workers who do a better job, or have some idea of what they are doing," said Kerry.

President Kerry pointed to the success of the US Postal Service, which has a long-standing policy of providing opportunity without regard to performance. Approximately 80 percent of postal employees lack job skills and have been put into management, making this agency the single largest US employer of Persons of Inability. Private sector industries with good records of nondiscrimination against the unskilled include retail sales (72%), the airline industry (68%), and home improvement "warehouse" stores (65%).

President Kerry has also set an example, personally selecting hundreds of non-abled people for top government positions, including many cabinet-level jobs.

Under the Americans With No Abilities Act, Kerry promised to create more than 25 million "middle management" positions, with impressive titles but no real responsibility, thus providing a completely illusory sense of purpose and self-importance to Americans who would otherwise find themselves either unemployed or on welfare. Mandatory non-performance-based raises and promotions will be given, to guarantee upward mobility for even the most unremarkable employees. The legislation provides substantial tax breaks to corporations that maintain a significant number of Persons of Inability in top positions, and gives a tax credit to small and medium businesses that agree to hire one worthless worker for every two talented hires.

Finally, the AWNA contains tough new measures to make it more difficult to discriminate against the non-abled, banning discriminatory interview questions such as "Do you have any goals for the future?" or "Do you have any skills or experience which relate to this job?"

"As a non-abled person, I can't be expected to keep up with people who have something going for them," said Mary Lou Gertz, who lost her position tightening lug-nuts at the GM plant in Flint, Michigan due to her inability to remember which direction is clockwise. "This new law should really help people like me."

With the passage of this bill, Gertz and millions of other untalented citizens can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Said Kerry, "It is our duty as lawmakers to provide each and every American citizen, regardless of his or her inadequacy, with some sort of space to take up in this great nation."

HELP MAKE SURE THIS NEVER BECOMES REALITY!!

EXPOSE JOHN KERRY BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!

Laughing

SBD
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been posted before, but not on its own thread, apparently.

Moving to Geedunk.
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's Great! Laughing
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is beautiful. Thank you for a much needed laugh.
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: old but very fitting as a reminder of cronyism Reply with quote

Old article but very fitting as a reminder of cronyism

Think back to a certain administration that utilizied cronyism to the max. That ousted decades old workers of a un-named office to pay cronies back, put a dunce incontrol of Hud and it goes on. Lets not forget the confidential files of a certain party affiliation from very high law enforcement agency being drooled over by a Queen Margeret and Henry VI type while they held office.

This post (while humorous) isn't as ridiculous as it may appear. When just about every excuse you can think of for lack of action or actions taken are questioned, foul is cried, a volley of the usual, discredit the accuser, liar, racist, and place the blame on anyone but us. When politicans, local groups, Unions, Lawyers, News agencies and lets not forget Hollywood are all in cahoots this should be troubling.

Lets just say that when people start screaming foul when they are questioned, you may want to learn to stand firm and shoot the accuser down and fast. Call it whatever you want but stand firm.

We need look no further I imagine then the claimed RIOT when Pencil pushers fought hard to keep Dems form poking hanging thingies behind closed doors. Stood firm and they couldn't get away with it.

The following are old observations, and I hope extreme but it has a familiar ring and it is rather frightening when we put all that has been taking place in this country in I don't know the last 12 years by a certain party especially due to their desperation for power. And Ironicly enough that parties ties with this, then, governing power and its leaders.

http://www.ourcivilisation.com/die.htm

and a partial quote: "Unless previously disadvantaged people have got a stake in the running of the country in all respects, political and economic, the stability of this country cannot be guaranteed,"

http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/1998/africa/s.africa/

Lets see Riots, Massive protests, Voter intimidation by who?? Breakin's shots fired, people and police accosted by supporters. Opposition leaders attempting to portray a standing leader as anything but, NAACP issuing bigoted diatribes, Unions sending out thugs, Hollywood. Forged documents and Not signing the 180 and getting away with it.

You get the picture. My husband "you are driving around with two little girls in the car no bumper sticker, no lawn signs."

On another post people ask what will happen to this board when this is over. My god we have only begun to find common ground if as stated there are Democrats and Republicans and any other affiliation that loves this country and what it really stands for posting here.

We need to stay united, address and find more of us and get the corrupting forces off their soap boxes, out of office, no matter how loud they squeal, booted from unions, local groups, news organizations and national organizations, stay away from anti-american movies, books, ( which I used to hold sacred but not allot of whats put out these days Brinkley, Tour of Duty termed an historian) and give Soros the collective boot.

And if my children come home from school feeling upset because a teacher questioned my families service or respect for a president or showed a propaganda film I would not stop till that teacher was gone.

I am all for accountability, free speech and fixing what is wrong, but you know what? Propaganda is propaganda. I am an American first.
Proud of my VietVet Dad!
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
President Kerry pointed to the success of the US Postal Service, which has a long-standing policy of providing opportunity without regard to performance. Approximately 80 percent of postal employees lack job skills and have been put into management, making this agency the single largest US employer of Persons of Inability.

Hey, I work for the Postal Service. Smile And I can absolutely verify your information!! They told me 4 years ago not to vote for Bush because I wouldn't have a job today. I don't want to say how much more I make today than then, but it's considerable. Today, they are back to giving the same old speeches. When I tell them they said the same thing last election and we are still working, they tell me "Well, he'll do it this time" They can't seem to understand that it's the USPS that's going to put itself out of business, not the current administration. I think I'll copy this and put it on the timeclock. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: