SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Didn't take ABC long!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Didn't take ABC long! Reply with quote

Flipping channels tonight and flipped to ABC at about 8:10. Didn't take them long to do a story on Christopher Reeves. Flipped again at about 8:30 and see John Kerry at the debate Friday night, talking about Stem Cell Research with commentary about how "George Bush is against embryonic stem cell research." Flipped a few minutes later (I was eating dinner, couldn't watch it straight through for the sake of keeping dinner down) and this time it was how Nancy Reagan and Ron's own son Ronnie side with Kerry (no mention of Michael). Basically from what I could tell, the entire 2nd half was about Stem Cell Research. Maybe someone watched the entire hour and it wasn't as biased as it appeared.

I was struck with the idea that the Democrats are trying to use Christopher Reeves as their Ronald Reagan, get a sympathy swing. What you want to bet John Kerry is at the funeral? I don't know if we'll see a Clinton with the fake tear when the cameras are nearby or will they have another funeral pep rally as they did when the Senator from Minnesota died?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they somehow neglect to mention that although Nancy Reagan supports embryonic stem cell research, she wholly endorses and supports Bush for President?
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Did they somehow neglect to mention that although Nancy Reagan supports embryonic stem cell research, she wholly endorses and supports Bush for President?

I didn't hear it but then, I refused to keep the channel on it. I don't think they mentioned Michael either, they did mention that Ronald spoke to the Democratic Convention and asked America to vote for Kerry. Again, they failed to mention that Ronald has a history of voting Democratic and in fact never voted for his own father.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they mention that Bush is for Stem cell research, jut not embryo..
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry will be at the funeral, He will call every outlet in advance. He will sob uncontrollably for 7 seconds, then turn around and give a big kool-aid grin for the camera. He will be devasted until the election, after losing he will sue for a recount, then when he goes on larry king he will say my good friend Chris would have wanted this! Embarassed
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rparrott21 wrote:
Did they mention that Bush is for Stem cell research, jut not embryo..

Saw the Babwa Wawa special on Chris Reeves tonight. More rah rah for Kerry, slap in the face for Bush. Misrepresented Bush's position entirely, like they didn't even listen to the debate on their own network. Not a word about how embryonic stem cell research has done nothing, but adult stem cell moving ahead.

What election was it that the Dems turned a funeral into a political rally? I think it was near IL,MN,WI? I can see it now GEORGE BUSH KILLED CHRISTOPHER REEVES
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be Paul Wellstone (D. Mn.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: