SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KERRY HAS SUNK TO A NEW LOW ( IF THAT IS POSSIBLE)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
As noted on polipundit, there are several versions of the story of Christopher Reeve's illness and death.

Mon Oct 11, 3:13 PM ET U.S. National - AFP

[b]Kerry said the last time he heard from Reeve was on Saturday, when the actor left a message on his cellphone, [color=red]enthused by the Massachusetts senator's decision to raise stem-cell research

Excuse me --- but maybe Reeve did call in his confusion Sad -- Kerry did not "raise" the issue ... he was answering a question which pointed out that no cures have come from embroynic stem-cell research --- but cures and research milestones have be discovered in adult stem-cell research.
MichaelP
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truthserum wrote:
Ah, come on people. Don't you know that Kerry probably communed with Reeve after he was dead? God is working through Kerry to let us all know we must vote for him so we can get "real" stem cell research going.

You forget that it Edwards already had channeled some dead girl in court so he must have done it Rolling Eyes
redrightreturn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeline and where I got my info:

Access Hollywood did a tribute to Reeve.

They Showed THE POLICE REPORT OF THE 911 CALL TO THE EMS: It said that Reeve was having difficulty breathing- they arrived and he was going into respiratory arrest...ON SATURDAY

AP said he went into cardiac arrest ON SATURDAY before being rushed to the hospital where he eventually died on Sunday.

FACT: Respiratory arrest normally occurs before cardiac arrest- although a single episode of cariac arrest can stop EVERYTHING from working on its own. But since this was from a severe infection this MAKES MEDICAL SENSE

New Mexico- AFTER THE ENGERGY SPEEECH- Kerry is on FILM saying that he SPOKE with Reeve and they TALKED about the debate and Stem Cell research....

FOX NEWS FOX REPORT WITH SHEPARD SMITH- Showed that tape last night.

It is all VERY CLEAR.

So is that how he plans on getting out of it? Saying Reeve left him a message on his cell? GOOD LUCK KERRY.

Red
Endaar
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From drudgereport.com:

Quote:
Edwards: 'When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk. Get up out of that wheelchair and walk again'...

The story isn't up yet, just the quote.

Rush just came on the air and is talking about this. Was from a campaign rally in Iowa, from yesterday apparently.

John Kerry is now Jesus Christ, in case you missed the memo.

Endaar
tmpusfugit
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

completely amazing......certainly no lack of ego here......if Kerry could really do that I might even vote for him myself.......heal the lame, make a blind man see.....

In a word Idiots!
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the kind of crap that Edwards spouts in the court room in front of a jury to sway them to get those multi million dollar settlements.

He's used to talking out of his a$$. Hopefully this time it will cost him. Day-umm the gall of making a statement like that and using Reeves death as a political football. Just when I think they can't be any lower, they never fail to deliver.

I swear, if these guys get the presidency, WHICH THEY WON'T, but if they did.....I'm moving to Iceland.

GWB landslide.......
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we have any MD's on board? If so, perhaps they can answer a question I have:

What, exactly, is Cardiac Arrest?

Reading these different statements of Superman's death brings to mind: What came first, the chicken or the egg? One statement reads Reeves went into cardiac arrest and a subsequent coma. My late husband's death certificate lists as cause of death: Cardiac Arrest. He was in a coma for about 12 hours prior to his death. Is cardiac arrest something other than the heart ceases to function? Unless that is the case, how can someone slip into a coma after their heart stops functioning? Getting an MD's take on this doesn't bring either man back, but since it's all over TV, radio, print, etc., I hope I can get a definitive answer.
redrightreturn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can be in cardiac arrest and be resuscitated so that the heart starts to beat again. You can also be intubated so that a ventillator breaths for you.
However, once a person is resuscitated it does not mean they are wide awake and fine. They may only be brought to a comatose state without ever regaining consciousness.

In this case, breathing difficulty leading to respiratory arrest followed by cardiac arrest is a "normal" course of events. The EMS came and resuscitated him but he never recovered past the comatose state.

He then died later the next day.
AFNSAMom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps Christopher Reeve did actually telephone John Kerry before he died? Afterall, they were both anti-Vietnam War activists.

In Reeve's 2000 Interview with The Washington Post, ( Paragraph 18, ) when asked about his long history of political activism, Christopher Reeve responded:

"'I became politically active in high school, protesting the Vietnam War."

Regardless, the man cannot defend himself -- Have you noticed that John Kerry has been tossing many names around lately - especially in the debate at Washington U?! It would appear he cannot make it on his own.

I'm convinced that Swiftvets have made an impact on the 2004 election, and I applaud you, each and every one of you.

As a military brat and mother, the best way that I can support our troops and say thank you to the Veterans at the same time ... is at the polls on November 2nd.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Balloon Artist wrote:
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
Please post the link to where this
Quote:
" My cell phone rang on Saturday and it was Chris. He wanted to talk- to tell me how happy he was about the debate Friday night-about how I am getting the message for a cure out there. We had a long talk...."

is from?

I spoke with my wife over dinner re the Kerry phone call from or to Chris Reeves.
She is a nurse, we were both unaware that CR had a cardiac arrest on Saturady. We were aware that he had systemic sepsis or severe infection thoughout his body. I said Chris Reeves spoke to Kerry on Saturday. She looked at me funny. "I don't think it's possible to have a coherent conversation in that conditon," she said.. I agreed having worked in long term care for 12 years. This type or severity of infection causes fever, coma, delirium, hallucinations, seizures, and mulitple organ failure. I doubt Chris was even able to speak. It can take weeks and months with multiple antibotics both oral and IV. All of the previous symptoms can be exacerbated by medications to treat the infection.

I hate to report this, but Reeve could have been talking for quite a while while septic, and I relate this from personal experience as well as clinical experience (I am an M.D.):

My dear father died in 2000 of septicemia (blood infection) as a complication of end stage renal disease and pneumonia. The sepsis was diagnosed 24 hours before death, and he was alert up until his blood pressure fell very low, an hour or so before death, as he fell into septic shock.

The only reason he could not talk for the last few hours of life was that he was intubated (breathing tube) as his lung function deteriorated. However, he responded well to verbal cues and even mouthed "I love you" when my mother entered the room.

Septicemia is a precursor to septic shock; it's when florid septic shock sets in that consciouness is severely impaired.

-- FDL
redrightreturn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Newsday TODAY- More details- Plus fourth revision by Kerry

Newsday BY JAMIE TALAN
STAFF WRITER

October 12, 2004

BEDFORD, N.Y. -- The man who played Superman in the make-believe world of superheroes spent his last nine years living the role.

"One cannot measure in words what Christopher Reeve has done," said Dr. Philip E. Stieg, a professor and chairman of neurosurgery at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center in Manhattan. "It spans between science and social policy ... He used his injury as an opportunity to help mankind."

Reeve, 52, died Sunday. His death was due to a bed sore -- emblematic of the common infections that can be life-threatening to a patient whose body is paralyzed.

Last month a sore, or pressure wound, developed on his buttocks and led to a staph infection. Despite antibiotic treatment, the infection grew severe and entered his bloodstream, leading to his organs shutting down, said Maggie Goldberg, a spokeswoman for the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation, based in New Jersey.

On Saturday, Reeve went into cardiac arrest at his home in Bedford and fell into a coma, Goldberg said. He was taken to Northern Westchester Hospital in Mount Kisco and never regained consciousness. The next day, at 5:30 p.m., he was pronounced dead at the hospital. His family was by his side.

Kerry said yesterday he had known the actor for about 15 years through family and dedication to the same causes, and said Reeve left him a long voice mail on Saturday.

"The excitement in his voice was just really palpable, and he was so thrilled about where the discussion of stem cell research had come to," Kerry said.

This story was supplemented with information from The Associated Press.
Copyright © 2004, Newsday, Inc.

There is no link to the quote mentioned in previous post- THERE IS VIDEO- Kerry was quoted ON FILM shown on FOX NEWS The Fox Report with Shepard Smith.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pending further factual revelations, this topic is closed.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: